27 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
duttydave

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just managed to play my first game with my academy Necro Team. Everything seemed to go smoothly and the client seems quite user friendly.

A big thankyou to my opponent for being so patient.

I had heard some unpleasant things about some coaches on Fumbbl but so far everyone I've encountered has been friendly and helpful.

I'm now looking forward to my next game.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard. Hope you have a nice time here!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome budy.

I'm sure you meet someone you dislike before long Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Welcome budy.

I'm sure you meet someone you dislike before long Smile

lol kinks!

Welcome from me too, I have only had 1 match which didnt go smoothly; I was tired and misread some comment.... (and we sorted it later!) not too bad in 50 odd games!

On the whole its a good communtity, and very helpful especially in the chat room.

Good luck

Dalfort
Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is great...its no different to anything else in life. There are some you will like, some you won't like and many that will be just OK.

Remember to make sure you dont accept too many games that are more than 10 TS different as that create more uneven matches.

i.e. 100/100 next to a team is TR/TS

TR = Team Rating which generates the Handicaps
TS = Team Strength though is more relavent and you do not want to play games that are much more than 10 TS difference between teams, until you are more experienced

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
pt0510

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to fumbbl enjoy your stay

hope to see you around

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The big question that does elude me is how you registered in December 2007 yet played your first game in October 2008.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

hello noob
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
The big question that does elude me is how you registered in December 2007 yet played your first game in October 2008.

Kinks registered Feb 07 and didn't play til Mar 08. Missed out on a potion because of that - Damnit!!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL. Just watch out for a few things and I'm sure you'll be fine...
- Dirty Player, not sure if you've been warned about this but fouling in LRB4 is alot more brutal than LRB5
- TS (Team Strength), apart from halfling teams this gives a very accurate picture of how good a team is, if you try to play games between teams within 10TS of each other then you cant go too far wrong
- remember to think of people as good until they are proven to be jerks... alot of situations resolve themselves much better if both people assume that the other guy is on their side Smile
- Disconections procedure, hopefully you wont need this but you might find it handy to keep the link somewhere.
- if you have a problem or a question just speak out in chat and you'll get a pretty fast (and usually accurate) response, just ignore the people with "funny" answers Wink

Apart from that enjoy your stay. If you decide you like FUMBBL and stick around for a while then consider joining the White Isle League Smile

torsoboy wrote:

He is a TT tourney player, many of them have joined but never got around to playing.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Fumbbl is like most communities, the bad comes with the good. I hope you won't let any unpleasant coaches or horrible losses drive you away. Have fun, good luck, and happy hunting!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Coach_Yriel

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to fummbl!

Hope to see you in game. So far I've played against mainly cool people, but yeah there are some jerks out there.

If you are looking for games- I recommend guys like michaeljsell and shanecottom. Good players, good guys, and I'm sure you can learn a lot from them!

- Yriel
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello to a noob.

Yup, that's all I have to say at this time.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hello to a noob.

Yup, that's all I have to say at this time.

Impresive feat, 1st post and you leave Macavity wordless!!

(on the jerks vs nice comunity, after more than 400 matches I've found 1 or may be 2 coaches I won't play again... and I don't even remember who they are)
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2008 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,"noob", am prety new here aswell (5oct) and I too had heard some bad things about coaches here. Did have no trouble yet. Hope you enjoy the Fummbl expierence!

Be seeing you!Wink
 Jump to: