28 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hoffmeister

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ive got a lot of pictures id liek to upload for player profiles can some one message me with help
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2009 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly here are the axe dates for this season.

Season 1 games due by dates

Local game 1 29th June
Local game 2 6th July
Local game 3 13th July
Global game 1 27th July
Global game 2 10th August
Global game 3 24th August

Hoffmeister, you need to make pics that are around 114x177 in size (a bit of variation is fine) then upload then via the gallery button in the community bit at the top. They can't be over 10 mb? (not sure) in size. Once uploaded they are usually approved within 8 hours. Then click on the player image and change ahoy.

Well the first division has come to a finish, the IPBBIL BRT div. I went into the last game full of confidence thinking I could win the group and lost 2-0. Dropping to 3rd overall. Congratulations to Spevna and the Pumpers, you'll have some hard games to come!
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as the inaugural BRT global season starts to wind down, perhaps its time to start looking back on the experience, and look to the future?
Who had an easy time, a hard time, who had a good time? Are any teams overpowered, or underpowered? What new rosters would you like to see? What future rewards/trophies would you like to play for?

As a 'casual' league, obviously there are times when getting those matches done is.. lower on the priority list than some others, perhaps.
Can there be any incentives for getting those matches played?

Personally, I've really enjoyed my first BRT season - my main team, and my filler, have had mixed success. Both are in a good position to contest next seasons beer supplies, and I look forward to some new opponents.
I'd really like to see people using this league to experiment - for instance, the all skele + 4 ghouls roster, played by the Noose and Gibbet Inn is aiming towards developing a style they call 'Skeleball' as an alternative to the more common 'Elfball'. Whether this style would include ghoul passing plays offset with skele gangfouls, or some other alternatives remains to be seen. But it's sure to be fun

So lets get some conversation flowing, and maybe generate some interest coming into recruitment time for Season 2.
Beers all round?
Luo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, without detailed reading, which I'll get on as I finish this beer, I'm EXTREMELY interested in this idea, just because of the roster fiddling, and the interesting thought processes this can cause. What will be available in the upcoming season, and will you be recruiting? If I find I made myself look terribly stupid after reading, I'll be editing with extra questions or saying duh, don't answer me Very Happy.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Teamwise it's been a difficult first season for me. I did ok in my first 2 matches, but lost all my games since then. Teams in good shape though, so I'll continue with them next season.

Maybe a few rosters will be toned down, not sure about that.

Certainly going to be a few new rosters added. I still really want to find a way of including a 2 ghoul necro roster.

I also need to look into a way of stopping so many forfeits. I think generally weekly appraisals of who has done well, will hopefully motivate coaches to get their games done.

DragonsMaw, BRT is always recruiting. There never is a limit on how many coaches can play. You can either wait until next season which is about 4 or 5 weeks away or I can slot you into a div now to play the last couple of games. Point scores from season 1 will be added to season 2, so you can gain points if you want to start now.

As for rosters you can take any roster listed. There is no limit on any one. PM me if you have any questions or want more details. I know it looks a bit complex!
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Huzzah! An interested party already! Never fear, your BRT franchise representative has been sent a message via Imp-Mail, and will no doubt be knocking your door down shortly... Wink

harvestmouse has already said what needs saying, so I'll leave it at that. I did have an idea while at work though - is it at all possible to get a custom title of sorts, as an alternative or addition to the usual trophies? For example, on your team page/coach bio/something, you could have "BRTL Franchisee of Season X, 2009" or suchlike.... I was thinking beer/tavern-related titles, like, Brewmaster, BarKeep...
ooh, ding! a light just went off in my brain
ok, so, bear with me - anyone remember the Duff barkeep contest on the simpsons that Moe inevitably won? Perhaps a similar thing, but with rewards based on game stats with a tavern influence - so, for example, pushing opposing players into the crowd (crowd control), most handoffs (can we track that? - serving skills).... perhaps even a special award for most successes on the 'Argue the Call' roll (copypaste to match report? -represents the coach, as barkeep, talking his way out of trouble - every barman has to have some charm, after all!)
Then we get a special award at the end of the season for the barkeep/coach who has displayed the best barkeeping skills??

Just an idea, but yeah..

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a thought, how about each team puts forth their own personal Beer, and each season, if you win, you get one of those beers?

And as to applying, I'll take finishing off a schecdule. Being a stay home dad has its advantages. I'll pick, but prolly a hobgobbo team will be forthcoming, unless my Samba opponent actually acts useful Wink.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Harvestmouse

DragonsMaw is trying to make me join here.. Very Happy if him and me find 2 others, you set up a private group? Could that start right away, or would that be pushed to the start of next season?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

We're in the global stage right now, which isn't local groups so unfortunately it would have to wait until next season.

If you join I'd try repair one of the 3rd place groups which isn't playing games at all. Nightbird's joined that and it doesn't look like he'll get a game.
Aecrylis

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ok.. I might just thrown in a team then.. Smile

im Going to Join with a Nurgle team Smile 1 Beast and all Beastmen ! Very Happy thats my style..

Team is gonna be called:
Late Food Tasters

Going to create it now, and then sign up Smile
Rahjan

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know whats up with Ziopunk?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ziopunks been offline for 12 days, needless to say if the games doesn't get played you'll get a forfeit. Unfortunate, as he's emailed me before about getting games played.

Luo, tbh The admin would be too much to look into surf awards etc. However I will in future be picking franchises that have done particularly well that week or are approaching a new stock of beer.
Aecrylis

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps like... 'Franchise of the Month'
5 teams picked out from the pack, and then we can vote on the team we think have done best, surrpised with results and stuff.. like a staff of the month thing.
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, my hobgoblin Stripper Gang has applied. All fear the nude mini-orcs!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

YAY Very Happy
 Jump to: