59 coaches online • Server time: 21:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2009 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

In our first match of the new season The Black Rose Raiders made short work of the rookie franchise the Pickled Clams. I gotta give it to the little critters, they stuck in as well as they could but by the end of the half their KO bench was full. Second half the Cas started to pile up when the mino finally started to earn his brew ending in one dead skink and another with a new trick knee. They do make a mean swamp water though, definitely worth the extra time the girls took to raid their back room. Next round will be the race that cost me my beer in season 1, the necros. This time I'll make sure the girls take the brew and not the embalming fluid.
turboraton

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2009 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay I won my first match (lots of luck involved). I hope I can play round 2 soon.

<turboraton> arghhh
vlokiera

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we earn our ales as the season progresses or after the season wraps up? The Dr. wants to know when his first shipment of Doof Pale Ale will arrive.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The first opportunity to earn beer will be when the local divs finishes, then again after the globals finish.

All beer winners will be announced and beer shipped (electronically)!!
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ok so i finished playing my three oponents in our foursome, now what happens?

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2009 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

so i am allowed 1- catcher and 1 thrower and all the lineman i want with my norse build.
i can "hire " for one game the minotar Smile , or any other freebooters and or stars , as long as they only get hired for one game?
I do got this right?

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2009 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Now we wait for the other divs to finish and I'll set up the global divisions. This is based on where you finished in your group.

Yes, you can hire any freebooter or any star you want. As you said they only last for one game.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2009 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Today's global 3rds clash between the two Nurgle sides Black Lagoon Go-Go Bar (BLGG) and Leiche Bier (LB), will be remembered for everything but the actual brad brawl.

It started out like any other game, but already in the first turn a suit wearing character on the sidelines was waving and protesting, and acting aggressively towards the LB dugout.

Catalufa Cacklespine, captain and natural leader of BLGG, normally provides the home side with a 3rd reroll. When LB's assistant coaches, also produced a re-roll at the kick-off, the BLGG legal team allegedly saw red.

Claiming that the 3rd reroll was part of BLGG Ltd's intellectual property, the suit wearing beastman with sunglasses, immediately submitted a letter of cease & desist to the Leiche Beer head coach. Orally.

Leiche Beer was baffled at the sudden C&D letter, and smartly countered by immediately submitting an oral letter of cease & desist to the Go-Go Bar. Claiming that breaking armor was clearly a breach of Leiche Bier intellectual property.

The Go-Go Bar lawyer, who's name is undisclosed, responded by claiming ownership of the actual abbreviation "C&D", which allegedly annulled the initial LB letter, and then all hell broke loose, as the dug out scuffle spread into the stands.

Fights continued throughout the game, as more and more legal claims were made. Arguments over who were allowed to color their beastmen purple, and semantic problems of calling it foul appearance instead of repulsive appearance, were a couple of the debates catched by our reporters.

Just before the broadcast ended, one of the pundits - said to be a Leiche Beer fan - insisted the Black Lagoon Go-Go Bar should be disqualified for lack of royalty settlement to Grandfather Nurgle, for using the Nurgle's Rot (TM) to infect the former Desert Dark-Alers thro-ra, now rotter, Davey Doll Tilith.

In other news: Proprietor of the Go-Go Bar - Slugwater the Toad - has recently had his official trading card revoked because of alleged IP violations. Rumors has it that the NAF commissioners have banned the card not because of IP violation - but because of its explicit nature, as a part of the large trading card purge seen throughout the world of brad brawl the last week.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2009 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad why am I thinking this will result in a lot of admin work!

Balle2000 wrote:
Today's global 3rds clash between the two Nurgle sides Black Lagoon Go-Go Bar (BLGG) and Leiche Bier (LB), will be remembered for everything but the actual brad brawl.

It started out like any other game, but already in the first turn a suit wearing character on the sidelines was waving and protesting, and acting aggressively towards the LB dugout.

Catalufa Cacklespine, captain and natural leader of BLGG, normally provides the home side with a 3rd reroll. When LB's assistant coaches, also produced a re-roll at the kick-off, the BLGG legal team allegedly saw red.

Claiming that the 3rd reroll was part of BLGG Ltd's intellectual property, the suit wearing beastman with sunglasses, immediately submitted a letter of cease & desist to the Leiche Beer head coach. Orally.

Leiche Beer was baffled at the sudden C&D letter, and smartly countered by immediately submitting an oral letter of cease & desist to the Go-Go Bar. Claiming that breaking armor was clearly a breach of Leiche Bier intellectual property.

The Go-Go Bar lawyer, who's name is undisclosed, responded by claiming ownership of the actual abbreviation "C&D", which allegedly annulled the initial LB letter, and then all hell broke loose, as the dug out scuffle spread into the stands.

Fights continued throughout the game, as more and more legal claims were made. Arguments over who were allowed to color their beastmen purple, and semantic problems of calling it foul appearance instead of repulsive appearance, were a couple of the debates catched by our reporters.

Just before the broadcast ended, one of the pundits - said to be a Leiche Beer fan - insisted the Black Lagoon Go-Go Bar should be disqualified for lack of royalty settlement to Grandfather Nurgle, for using the Nurgle's Rot (TM) to infect the former Desert Dark-Alers thro-ra, now rotter, Davey Doll Tilith.

In other news: Proprietor of the Go-Go Bar - Slugwater the Toad - has recently had his official trading card revoked because of alleged IP violations. Rumors has it that the NAF commissioners have banned the card not because of IP violation - but because of its explicit nature, as a part of the large trading card purge seen throughout the world of brad brawl the last week.
arv9673

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dover's Drunks 2 --- 1 Pickled Clams
It was a frustrating game for the Lizards. They made a nice showing late in the first half by dodging through to freedom and then away for a score, but it was too costly, leaving only a few to defend against the still full Human team. Once the table started to slip. the Skinks left the pitch with gusto, the last few being gang fouled (Doctor worked once Very Happy). GL with whatever team you pick next.
Note: This was the Drunks' Coach's first ever Cleared Pitch and it felt pretty good.

Note: Skink team roster may need to be revised; I don't believe there's a enough to stop people from hammering the skinks from the pitch. Fewer Cheerleaders/More Saurii? Just a thought.
Edit: just reread and saw the 6 Cheerleaders for Skinks teams. maybe another RR? Saurii aren't as all powerful as two Treemen or Trolls, as we see on those other "Stunty" teams.
Grim04

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I applied with my Khemri
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Final game for the Global 3rds, Noose and Gibbet Inn 4 - 0 Gatorade's Gutter Runners

From the opening pitch invasion to the turn 16 td, this match was, unfortunately, all one way. The 'Runners posted some solid hits, reducing one skellie to a pile of dusty bones, but couldn't keep up in the cas race, with rats sent to the dugout with distressing regularity.
Apart from the team necromancer's apparent distraction (apparently there were some lasses in the crowd he wanted to 'recruit' as replacement cheerleaders - the old cheerleaders 'performances' were starting to..well, degrade a litte. Hey, you make do with what you've got, alright?)
So, with another victory under the belt, and some fresh cheerleaders on the cart, NGI look set to take themselves to the top of the BRT leaderboard.
With some of the current leaders having less than stellar seasons, could they hit number one before the start of the new season? Will any team actually hit the magical 15 pts? Time will tell, but, at this point in time, it looks like Head Office will have to put a hold on sending out any more beer.

Sneak Preview of the leaderboard for the start of next season?

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc - 14pts (These guys will take out the top spot - they've come along nicely in the last two seasons, and I dont think the Players will be a match for them on the field
Noose and Gibbet - 13pts
Barmaids of Nurgle - 13pts
Yates Cheese lodge - 13pts
Dovers Drunks - 13pts (These drunken layabouts can sure play a mean game of bloodbowl when it counts, and as a reward, are now in striking distance of that next beer)
BlackRose Raiders - 13pts
SWL is Better than You~! - 12pts (a distressing season for these guys - perhaps they're lost somewhere in the southern wastes)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 3 will start sometime in the new year. Teams that don't play, risk being booted!
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What, no mention of the exciting new goings on in BRT head office, harvest? Wink

Welcome to the BRT, Grim04, and congrats onthe purchase of your franchise!
Those Mummies sure look scary... lets see if you can handle the ball, eh?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2009 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to finish my season with a game but it seems my opponent...has decided not to be online for long stretchs, which is a shame as my ltl franchise is a close one.

ohh well there is next season!!! Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: