33 coaches online • Server time: 02:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all!

I've been playing an an [L] league of pure skaven teams that has some unique rules designed to encourage players to gain a variety of crazy mutations (LRB version: Glowing Cistern Classic). It's an interesting concept and I was thinking of making a sister league filled with the mutation-enabled stunty leeg teams.

The main rules involve: cutting down on player turnover by removing claw, rsc, dp and high-cas positionals; enforced retirement of players who accumulate non-mutations; and players gaining mutations in a random fashion when they roll doubles.

Games are organized into seasons of round-robin tournament play.

I've gathered what I've done here: Chaos Aqueduct Open

Everything is currently in concept phase (including the name and especially the fluff), but I would be interested in comments and criticism! I also need to know how much interest there would be in participating in a league like this!

Thanks in advance!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the Glowing Cistern Classic (I'm not part of it though, but read the fluff). There might be a slight problem with the stunty rosters though. I don't think Eshin Adepts nor Skryre Slaves can mutate. I don't know if the Horrors can (I can't find any help-page for them).
Other than that, I like the idea.

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %28, %2010 - %10:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I didn't actually know the details about who could and couldn't mutate. I could always drop eshin and skryre. The fluff concept is sort of an invasion of the Glowing Cistern, so maybe the chaos invasion forces have bbowl playoffs for the priveledge of attacking? I also wanted to hold exhibition matches for the winners of GCC and the CAO so that would work for that.

Checked Horrors, looks like they all can mutate.

Edit: Yeah, both skaven rosters won't work, so removed them from the league.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds pretty cool, but unfortunately I have a hard time hooking up w/ peeps outside of the North American TZ's. I'm also wondering if anyone will even want to use chaos flings, they seem very weak compared to the other two rosters.

~B

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The advantage the chaos flings have is much cheaper players.

Unlike the GCC this one is not going to be so strongly tied to the SWL. Actually, I should change the channel from #SWL to #fumbblstunty. Does bowlbot have a random function?

That means it's not gonna be so Australia dominant. I'm a bit of an insomniac so NA or Euro times aren't so hard. I would accept any coaches from any region, as long as they give a good effort to getting their games in on time there shouldn't be any major problems.
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos flings would be terribly outgunned in this league. I mean they're the only roster with AV6 and no regen so even if you actually manage to win something with them, they'll suffer a very high player turnover and lose any illusion of competitiveness halfway through the season!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
I don't know if the Horrors can (I can't find any help-page for them).

http://fumbbl.com/help:Horrors+of+Tzeentch

Pjj wrote:

Flamers cannot.
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ravenmore wrote:
Chaos flings would be terribly outgunned in this league. I mean they're the only roster with AV6 and no regen so even if you actually manage to win something with them, they'll suffer a very high player turnover and lose any illusion of competitiveness halfway through the season!

I'm not tooo worried about balance. I do think chaos flings would be the underdogs, but it's not so bad. I would love to give them more head carvers or something, but as the roster stands I can't do much for them (since minotaurs and chainsaws aren't acceptable in the concept)

Craftnburn wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:
I don't know if the Horrors can (I can't find any help-page for them).

http://fumbbl.com/help:Horrors+of+Tzeentch

Pjj wrote:

Flamers cannot.

Flamers aren't on the roster anyways. They can only use greater/regular horrors.
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2010 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I think it's sorted enough to start recruiting for the first season!

The only concern I've heard so far is that chaos flings are a little underpowered, but we'll go with it and see how big a problem it turns out to be.

I will be making a new thread to recruit!
 Jump to: