41 coaches online • Server time: 01:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharnete wrote:
Finaly we have the final draw. Any thoughts, bets or something about what do you expect to happen?

[B]o[B]
Prairie's Sinners

Lithe Avengers
ogrific [b]

Transcients
Can`t touch this!!

Comeback of Losers
ACEII Brotherhood

Hmm.. actually that is a final draw that I really like. Bashy vs agility in all first round matches (if you count humans as agility).

First match - orcs vs humans.
The orcs are in surprisingly bad shape - thank you, Calcium for that - fielding only 3 BoBs and 3 blitzer. Adding to that, that their AG5 starblitzer is niggled, ocs need to purchase either a 4th BoB or a star. So I think we will see Morg or Ripper. Humans get 2 handicaps, that the orcs might reduce to 1 by firing a coach. They are missing a blitzer, but have one player advantage and 2 DPs to make that advantage count. With 80k in the bank, I expect Zug to make an appearance, as his ST can really help on the LoS against the orcs. Humans have quite some AG increases, so this might feel like elf-bowl.
This is an even match, that probably will be decided by the early blood and the pre-match-rolls. Virus, Morleys on 3, wasn`t me on a BoB or blitzer, those will drastically reduce the chances for the orcs. Should the AG5 niggle flare up, they will be in a tough spot, too. Should the orcs avoid all those pitfalls and win the toss to recieve, they will have the upper hand. AV8 breaks against MB and the DPs can do their hit.

In the end, the orcs with starpower will prevail and win 2-1 in a bashfest. Though it will probably cost them cash wise.

Second match - woodies vs ogres.
As always with ogres involved, nuffle will have a big say in it. Especially with woodies getting 3 handicaps, but having to roll for 2 niggles. In the end it will be a classic woodie vs basher match and I expect the wizard to turn this 3 hour match.
Woodies win 3-2.

Third match contains me. I think I might have some chances, but alot will depend on those injury rolls and how the wiz is feeling.

Fourth match Skaven vs dwarves
Interesting constellation. Skaven outnumber the dwarves by 2, so I think alot will depend on the damage the skaven DPs are able to do. On the other hand, the rats have no way to deal with the runner abomination the dwarfs are fielding. No cash for the wiz, no dauntless and no ST4 means a really really hard time for the rats to get the ball. I can only see them outfouling the dwarves, so that they outnumber them or a major intervention of nuffle. As this is unlikely to happen, I go with the dwarves here, taking the match in a classic 2-1 grind.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2010 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

First match is through and woodies advance by cointoss. Seems like nuffle left the ogres in the end..
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2010 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans and orcs will kick their faces this Thursday, 20:00 bbtime Smile
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2010 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And semifinals sorted...

Prairie's Sinners
Can`t touch this!!

Lithe Avengers
ACEII Brotherhood

I have the feeling that Rafa and his &$%/ Runner will bring the skellies at home. Although I'm sure that both elfs (and myself) will do our best to steal him those bones Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2010 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially, as the Woodies have purchased a rookie lino instead of a wizard. This is a really strange move decreases their chances in my from about 50/50 to a weak 10%. No DP, no kick, no dauntless, no wiz - just no way to deal with the monstrosity of a runner that is the backbone of the dwarven team.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2010 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

errrr, the elves do have a DP, but it'll do them no good if they can't get him down...

Edit: Oh Mng Embarassed

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Tathar wrote:
2 [B]o[B]
1 Prairie's Sinners

3 Lithe Avengers
1 ogrific [b]

0 Transcients
2 Can`t touch this!!

1 Comeback of Losers
2 ACEII Brotherhood

Final: [B]o[B] vs Can`t touch this!!
After two bashy rounds Can't touch this!! are too depleted to beat [B]o[B]

Winner: [B]o[B]

Kharnete wrote:
Finaly we have the final draw. Any thoughts, bets or something about what do you expect to happen?

[B]o[B]
Prairie's Sinners

Lithe Avengers
ogrific [b]

Transcients
Can`t touch this!!

Comeback of Losers
ACEII Brotherhood

Not too bad; 2 correct scores and 3 semifinalists selected. didn't realise there was a fixture draw after each round.

New Predictions:

Prairie's Sinners 1
Can`t touch this!! 2

I think this will be a tight match. I predict the Dark elves will hold on for a 2-1 in normal time. They'll take damage along the way and if the humans can take it to OT their numbers will tell in the end.

ACEII Brotherhood 2
Lithe Avengers 1

Dorfs grind the WEs down for the 2-1 in normal time.

Final

Can`t touch this!! 1 / 0
ACEII Brotherhood 2 / 2

By this point I expect the DEs will be bad shape. If they receive first half they dodge around and score late but get pounded in 2nd half and OT, losing 2-1 OT. If they kick 1st half they get pounded from the off and lose 2-0.

Winner: ACEII Brotherhood
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I`m not sure, if the final prediction is so easy to make. ACEII goes to the final, that`s pretty sure. But I`m not sure if there will be that much blood in the match between the humans and my DE (and I wouldn`t place money on my in the semi). Barring extreme cas, the finalist from the top bracket will be in reasonable shape and will have some cash to burn - something the dorfs haven`t dealt with yet. If the humans make it, there will be the count and he can take that runner down. Should the humans hit on good winnings (70k+), then there will be count and wizard - a combo that will break a dwarven offense. Likewise if my DE should advance, there could very well be harkon and a wiz. Leap + dagger against AV8 is a reasonable cagebreaker. 9+ on 2d6 is not unheard of.
Tathar

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2010 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Tathar wrote:
Tathar wrote:
2 [B]o[B]
1 Prairie's Sinners

3 Lithe Avengers
1 ogrific [b]

0 Transcients
2 Can`t touch this!!

1 Comeback of Losers
2 ACEII Brotherhood

Final: [B]o[B] vs Can`t touch this!!
After two bashy rounds Can't touch this!! are too depleted to beat [B]o[B]

Winner: [B]o[B]

Kharnete wrote:

[B]o[B]
Prairie's Sinners

Lithe Avengers
ogrific [b]

Transcients
Can`t touch this!!

Comeback of Losers
ACEII Brotherhood

Not too bad; 2 correct scores and 3 semifinalists selected. didn't realise there was a fixture draw after each round.

New Predictions:

Prairie's Sinners 1
Can`t touch this!! 2

I think this will be a tight match. I predict the Dark elves will hold on for a 2-1 in normal time. They'll take damage along the way and if the humans can take it to OT their numbers will tell in the end.

ACEII Brotherhood 2
Lithe Avengers 1

Dorfs grind the WEs down for the 2-1 in normal time.

Final

Can`t touch this!! 1 / 0
ACEII Brotherhood 2 / 2

By this point I expect the DEs will be bad shape. If they receive first half they dodge around and score late but get pounded in 2nd half and OT, losing 2-1 OT. If they kick 1st half they get pounded from the off and lose 2-0.

Winner: ACEII Brotherhood

Grats Rafadavila!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs threw 103 blocks in the final Shocked
 Jump to: