28 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All, in the FAQ it says:

Quote:
Q: What is the size i need for the player-images in FFB?
A: Playerimages should be 95*147 pixels big. They can be Gif, jpg or Png and must be less than 10kb in filesize. Tip, use the save for web if you are using photoshop to reduce the filesize.

I am currently in a project where we are building a play per email client and I am wondering is it posibel to use the player images from FFB client?
It sounds like from the FAQ that you can add your own Playerimages to the FFB client? I though the images would be server side? are they downloaded when you start the client? and if yes can I then just use them or do I need someone permission?

Cheers
Niebling
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

no one?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly what player images are you talking about? The player images that Knut_Rockie and ryanfitz are making?
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you can add player images to your fumbbl teams in the same way as you could for the old client.
The new client also resizes them if they were made to fit the old client. But I can't help you with how it is done.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're asking for permission, you would need to talk to Knut-Rockie and ryanfitz.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Knut-Rockie gave permission for free use on fumbbl in the pictures thread.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

He did it for Fumbbl-usage, but this would clearly not be fumbbl, but some other type of client.
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yes it would be a pbem client, can anyone link me the relevent picture theard ? Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

there is a pbem client already available, it's used by the MBBL

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
there is a pbem client already available, it's used by the MBBL

I know, I am an active coach there Smile and thats the reason for the attempt to build a new one, the old Pbem client has many "bugs" or rather its not up to date with the current rule changes, so many things has to be handled manuly.
And the source code for that client is currupt, so its not posible to just change the old client, that and its written in a code I dont understand at all Smile

So thats why me and, Tank, called Sokretez in here are trying to build a new client.
So it would be great if I can use the icons from this FFB client, since they rock Smile
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Er. Now you're talking about icons. You do realise that's something quite different than player images?
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Er. Now you're talking about icons. You do realise that's something quite different than player images?

yes I do, sorry I meen both icons and images.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Set_Arkos... have you looked at the possibility of using FUMBBL as a PBeM league?

The new client saves and runs each game from a central server. That means that each player could potentially log in and play a turn independently of their opponent. The opponent could then log in and play their turn, etc etc. It'd have to have a few skill modifications (e.g. sidestep is random) and its own division rules but those are relatively easy to sort out, certainly compared to building a whole new client. You'd have to petition Christer and Kalimar to do this but it'd be up to date, have built in team/league management features, and be way more secure than your current system.

Calthor wrote:

They probably want both. One of the flaws of their current client is it lacks both - there are just ugly squares with numbers in.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey SillySod thx for the input Smile

We did consider this, but it would change the hole strukture of the MBBL. I know in theory it would be the same.... and its still worth considering, but a lot of the Pbem is that you can do it offline, and then send your turn when your online.

Its still a possibility for sure....
nazgob

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Although there are quite a few things that require the opponent's input, including sidestep, fend, stand firm activation, etc.

I guess you must be used to this in PBeM though?
 Jump to: