24 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pjbernard

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, im a little new here but i think fumbbl is awesome! I'm not sure if this has been brought up before.

I think random MVP is a good thing for this site as it keeps people from getting super good players that suck up all the MVPs. But, i do not like how dead players can also get the MVP by chance. Why would they be the MVP if they are dead? I think that this should be fixed so that only living players get MVP at the end of the game.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

pjbernard wrote:
. Why would they be the MVP if they are dead? I think that this should be fixed so that only living players get MVP at the end of the game.

Because what can be more "most valuable player" than dying for the team? come on, these give their all - LITERALLY !

Smile
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead players getting the MVP is part of the rules. Fumbbl didn't just make this up. Hence nothing to fix.

Don't think of it as the most valuable player, think of it as the most entertaining player instead. Deaths are funny.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I see what your saying pythrr, but i would argue that the player has actually failed the team by dieing. What do i want you on my team for if your just gonna get killed by some kinda giant lizard? They are the weak link and do not deserve the MVP.

And in response to Mr.foulscumm, I say that the rules are lame in this regard haha.
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You say weak link, I say that no talent lino just saved my million dollar quarterback by throwing his body heroically into the path of an oncoming Minotaur.... let's call the whole thing off! Laughing
pjbernard

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

hahaha fair enough Wink

its just annoying when it keeps happening.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Even worse is when a journeyman gets it and you dont have the money to hire him after the game Wink

pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Uncle_Smed wrote:
You say weak link, I say that no talent lino just saved my million dollar quarterback by throwing his body heroically into the path of an oncoming Minotaur.... let's call the whole thing off! Laughing

Hells yes. MVP for "Johnny Punching Bag? Sure thing, send it to his widow."
Astarael

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, i had a player get BH'd by a rock on the opening kickoff and still got MVP, it's all part of the fun trying to come up with a reason for it. My reason was the nurses got to pick the MVP that match and he had all game to bribe them Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

pjbernard wrote:
And in response to Mr.foulscumm, I say that the rules are lame in this regard haha.

I think this discussion is lame.

Dead players gaining the MVP-award = Additional fun!
Smegish

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I swear, with the amount of times I've seen the MVP go to the dead/minus stat/niggled player it should probably stand for Most Violated Player Laughing
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

besides the fluffy argumentation: It's like that because that's the way the rulebook says that it should be. We have a strict stick to rules policy and "giving MVPs to players" or similar fantastic ideas are simply not coverd by the rules

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %07, %2010 - %08:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeeeehaaaa! 100 points for the funniest answer go to: Smegish!
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Deja Vu?

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15245&highlight=

This was the Photobucket pic in my post...

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
besides the fluffy argumentation: It's like that because that's the way the rulebook says that it should be. We have a strict stick to rules policy and "giving MVPs to players" or similar fantastic ideas are simply not coverd by the rules

Rulebook also says in Optional League Rules (page 32) that there are 2 more rules you can opt to use for awarding MVP.

The 1st option is that coaches pick the player receiving MVP and

The 2nd that MVP is given randomly to a living non-induced player.
 Jump to: