46 coaches online • Server time: 10:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why did the box die off?
I love LRB5/6/FFB...best Div on Fumbbl
39%
 39%  [ 41 ]
I really only played Box to bash and when every one left I went back to Rank to "pick"
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I really only played Box because I hate pickers and when the box died and went to FFB I followed under the illusion that no pickers were there, silly me.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
I just dont like LRB4 and moved on over.
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
I came on over from Cyanide and played FFB because it was the ruleset I know.
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I love Blood Bowl but deep down dont like Fumbbl, but, this is the only place I could find a game and FFB/CRB is what I play on TT.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I really have no clue...All I know is all the "tools" play in ranked so Box seemed like the place for me.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Man that pumpkin PIE looks really nice, oh another dob of cool whip on top please.
29%
 29%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 104

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Over the last 6 months the Box has been dead as a door nail, why?

dont like the poll...then enligthen us with your wisdom.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

FFB killed Box. But it will return!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yes! a new forum thread!

let me think . .. might it be to do with ffb?

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted FFB. I saw no-one else had and was surprised. Then I realised that three (EDIT - no actually at least five) of the options were FFB, one of the options was pie, and no-one voted for any of the others.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

we need to move the time back to 2005 when Fumbbl was in its prime and no one had ever herd of CRP/lrb6. And Cyanide was still doing Chaos League.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

*Yawn*... Same crap over again?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, all those options assumed I ever played it....

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bored to vote

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i think...instead of moving threads to the appropriate forums, i'm going to just start locking them...

--j

ImageImage
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
i think...instead of moving threads to the appropriate forums, i'm going to just start locking them...

--j

do it. this thread is nonsense,
avien

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

Because? If noone wants to discuss it, it will die anyway. If people want to, well discussions are a symptom of a healthy community. Censorship isn't.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

Because? If noone wants to discuss it, it will die anyway. If people want to, well discussions are a symptom of a healthy community. Censorship isn't.

Shooting a dying whale isn't censorship.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew I should have gone with my gut and started a thread about CL/RSC...is it overpowered?

and thrown in the words box, league and stunty in the title...just to make shadow have to think were to move it from general discussion.

Well I just thought it would be interesting to see why coaches stoped playing in the Box and moved over to FFB in such mass that it has rendered the Box a desert waste land.

And yes everyone who has read GLT 11 knows that the BOX will be back up and running once FFB goes live and the Box is the first div to get ported over.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Also based on last years endless discussion about box V Ranked one can only assume the main reason the Box is currently dead is the vast majority of them all went over to FFB. As the vast proponets of the Box were lamenting about and the decline of games in the box. I highly doubt they all had a "come to ranked" moment and moved back to that div.

So yes the poll slants to FFB because the theory is that is were they all went. But why did they leave the box and did not clean up after themselves and now there are 20 half eaten pizzas, spilled colla and a passed out Fumbbl coach in the corner who does not realize everyone left the party still left in the box scheduler?

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&type=month if you look at this you can easily see that a recent upswing in FBB games quite neatly correspond to the demise of the box. My guess is they play FBB Smile. That being said the overall number of games are also in decline, so they might have decided to leave the site or take a break, in which case they probably will miss your poll Very Happy
 Jump to: