23 coaches online • Server time: 03:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Spiro, it is a game with lots of inconsistent rules (if you compare it to reality). People don't trip and die while running very often either Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ "Die in a fire." Never seen that before. I'm gonna steal it. Is it yours to steal?

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's Nev and where can I play his client?

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Spiro, it is a game with lots of inconsistent rules (if you compare it to reality). People don't trip and die while running very often either Very Happy

Pffft !

This rule only existed because in 2nd ed the pitch was astrogranite so it made sense that someone could slip and seriously injure themselves.
Now that they have changed to grass in 3rd this rule really does look stupid.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

rubbish, i've played on some very hard grass in the past, and one could seriously break your neck (or at least skin a knee). then again, very hard grass is more believable than... say ... minotaurs, so I think I can live - or die - with it.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2011 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

jimmyfantastic wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Pffft !

This rule only existed because in 2nd ed the pitch was astrogranite so it made sense that someone could slip and seriously injure themselves.
Now that they have changed to grass in 3rd this rule really does look stupid.

PFFFT

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

I agree. Do you think, that i expected something else? I just meaned, that the new ruleset is still crappy and each explanation, that it's only fantasy, not real, etc... it's only trying to explain author's mistakes.
"We" are the users and "we" can write some criticism to the new ruleset. I don't think that it's forbidden.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it's not forbidden. Go wild! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Who do you think wrote the ruleset that you're critising it here?

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Prinz wrote:

Santa Claus or maybe Rudolph Rednosed ?

edit: Malmir, start play with undeads, i saw there in box are Dwarfs, CD, Chaos, Undeads, Necro. I think most of the experienced coaches more liked lrb4 ruleset, but now there are more coaches and more newbies so... fresh meat.

Everybody going play undeads against the newbies.

Last edited by spiro on %b %03, %2011 - %00:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played a fair few games I think the makers have done an excellent job on the client but I preferred the lrb4 ruleset. I enjoyed building teams and the new apo seems to be totally useless.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Having played a fair few games I think the makers have done an excellent job on the client but I preferred the lrb4 ruleset. I enjoyed building teams and the new apo seems to be totally useless.

A trade-off for the lack of aging.
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:

A trade-off for the lack of aging.

RandomOracle, today i saw ranking at a cyanide site. You have nice chaos team, what was that record: 150W / 10D / 3L Question Shocked Very Happy Rolling Eyes
There must be some admin client too.Image

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Prinz wrote:

Santa Claus .

Jebus Spiro, you having a go at Santa now?
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, the Wrestle skill can only be used when the Wrestler blocks the Chainsaw - otherwise there would not be a block dice. If you want to argue about realism, the attacker -moving first- can well try to avoid the chainsaw and go for the legs or whatever.

On the other hand, Wrestle is even stronger than you think vs. Ball&Chain. When the Ball&Chain player is placed Prone, then he leaves the pitch - no armor roll required, roll straight for injury.
From "realism", Ball&Chain player is turning around himself all the time. If you somehow get him out of balance, the chain will strangle him and the ball will hit him. That's why he's so easily sent off the pitch once he goes down. If the Wrestler attacks, he will time his attack so that he attacks the back of the Ball&Chain. If the Wrestler is attacked, then imagine he dives under the Ball&Chain - wrestling is all about getting lower that your opponents center of mass.
 Jump to: