37 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying that i'm sure i clicked no. But if one result from the apo is dead, can't we just have it automatically pick the other one?
spiro

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

floppeditbackwards wrote:
I'm not saying that i'm sure i clicked no. But if one result from the apo is dead, can't we just have it automatically pick the other one?

I think not, if your apoth would automatically picking better option then you would not know, that he did anything. Now apoth can kill your player or save him.

Example: player has been seriously injured ------> miss next game, apoth used on him and wanting change it to death, automatically gave him miss. Without any info and manual choosing you can see, that he did nothing. ;D, but he saved your player for a death ;D Very Happy silly apoth, but funny. my apoth saved from a death my 3 amazon linos, me happy.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i see your point but if its a stat decrease which 1 would get picked?
blitzer -ST apoth rolls -AG. Which do you want?
would you be ok if comp chose the -ST?
or vice versa on an elf. AG6. Lose AG or ST?
Either way its better that you get to choose the outcome

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

but the same logic that applies to BHs could just as easily be applied to rips. If you use your apo and one result is BH that result is automatically taken and it notifies you in the game info. This seems to be the opposite side of the same coin.

If you use your apo on a -ST and the alternate result is a RIP it can just as easily show you the message: "the apothecary fails to heal [player]'s -ST" instead of giving you an obvious choice in an arguably confusing dialogue box.

In any situation where neither result is a rip or a bh, then the protocol can stay the same (although, there is a pretty sound argument in favor of taking a MNG in any situation where a BH isn't an option, but that may be a bit more complicated).
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno sometime i like to let a man die if he gonna get -st anyway might as well cus u dont want no weakling... i mean bro
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, exactly, him being dead saves me the hassle of firing his -stat **** after the game. I like it the way it is now.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If i was playing against a nurgle-team i might choose death instead of -ST on a player to make them get a rotter. It wont help my opponent in the current game and i would get to hear the raise the dead tune!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree Lakrillo, when my players get niggle or a stat drop which affects them badly then I choose kill instead so I dont have to fire them after the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It is one click in the entire game (except wandering apo...), there is not much room for optimization...

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We have automated regeneration. No need for an automated apothecary. Played my rats a few days ago - gutter runner got seriously injured -ma, apoth changed to -ag.. had me thinking then, there should be third option "Sacrifice to Nuffle"
Asgovic

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to have the option to kill my own players. Please dont take that away.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

speaking of automated. What happened to automatic pushback when there is only one option?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: