81 coaches online • Server time: 20:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variants
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you agree that git is a pointless skill?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 86 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 99 ]
Pie
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 210

zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

86% of getting away with the foul is pretty close to what we had in lrb4 with no eye, and we all loved it

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Would anyone take it if it was free, i.e. Didn't cost any extra TV?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
86% of getting away with the foul is pretty close to what we had in lrb4 with no eye, and we all loved it

Great point.

I believe I was the 1st to coin the term "Marking Foul". But I am not the only person to use that tactic.

A "Marking Foul" is a foul performed by a low-level Goon with 1 or 2 skills... Sneaky Git being 1 of them. (Or back in the LRB4 days any skill-less lineman when the EYE is not on you.)

It is used on a prone opponent that is an important piece for the opposing coach... something like a War Dancer or a Killer Beastman that you want to stay down OR at least you want to ManMark to keep him away from your ballcarrier or other players.

Your team finds itself in a situation where gang-fouling would leave you in a poor position. Maybe it would put you out of scoring range. Maybe it would force you to build an ineffective Cage. But for whatever reason you cannot gang-foul BUT you really need that important opposing piece to STAY DOWN or at least to be kept away from your pieces for a couple turns.

So you push your cage into the position you need go to meet your objective. Then as your last action you send over the Sneaky Git to perform a Solo Foul. If the foul doesn't break armor you have at least man-marked the piece. If the foul succeeds... most likely you STUN the piece and you get to avoid that piece for a bit. OR you get lucky and get a KO or better. And that piece you would like to see gone is out of your hair for a bit INSTEAD of back up and in your face ruining your plans.

Sure you could get TOSSED and get no results. But most of the time the results meet your goals or better. But if you get tossed... what did you really lose?

Think of it like this... when Blocking... POWs are best... but sometimes a PUSH or a BOTH DOWN is all you really need. Sneaky Git used in this way gives you that needed PUSH or better when all you need is the PUSH.

EDIT: I should add that STILL despite this use for Sneaky Git... it is STILL not a primary skill to be added to the roster ASAP. In your teams TOOL BOX of skilled players (ie some with Guard, some with Tackle, some Sure Hands etc etc) your Sneaky Git is one of the last TOOLS you purchase for your TOOL BOX. It is not the Hammer, Screw Driver, Paint Brush, Tape Measurer... its more like your Hex Wrench (unless everything you own is IKEA).

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %08, %2017 - %06:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Great point.

I believe I was the 1st to coin the term "Marking Foul". But I am not the only person to use that tactic.

A "Marking Foul" is a foul performed by a low-level Goon with 1 or 2 skills... Sneaky Git being 1 of them. (Or back in the LRB4 days any skill-less lineman when the EYE is not on you.)
Why is there no like button
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
It is used on a prone opponent that is an important piece for the opposing coach...
But for whatever reason you cannot gang-foul BUT you really need that important opposing piece to STAY DOWN or at least to be kept away from your pieces for a couple turns.
If the foul doesn't break armor you have at least man-marked the piece. If the foul succeeds... most likely you STUN the piece and you get to avoid that piece for a bit. OR you get lucky and get a KO or better. And that piece you would like to see gone is out of your hair for a bit...

Gyarrrrrr </twitch>
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

That was 1 foul. The next one you had a higher chance of removal.
The reason IGMEOY was great, at least imo, was - it added a tactical element to fouling choosing when to foul and when not to had real consequences, and it was also very very hard to foul every single turn of the game without seriously depleting your team (get the ref excluded). Even though fouling is severely nerfed in its self I have lost count of the number of games 1 bribe has allowed a player to foul pretty much every turn of the game without getting sent off. Sure they were lucky but the sliding scale of getting caught was a really cool mechanic and would stop this type of dicey occurrence more successfully.

Last edited by Garion on %b %08, %2017 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
It is used on a prone opponent that is an important piece for the opposing coach...
But for whatever reason you cannot gang-foul BUT you really need that important opposing piece to STAY DOWN or at least to be kept away from your pieces for a couple turns.
If the foul doesn't break armor you have at least man-marked the piece. If the foul succeeds... most likely you STUN the piece and you get to avoid that piece for a bit. OR you get lucky and get a KO or better. And that piece you would like to see gone is out of your hair for a bit...

Gyarrrrrr </twitch>

+100

players... they are players.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

That was 1 foul. The next one you had a higher chance of removal.
The reason IGMEOY was great, at least imo, was - it added a tactical element to fouling choosing when to foul and when not to had real consequences, and it was also very very hard to foul every single turn of the game without seriously depleting your team (get the ref excluded). Even though fouling is severely nerfed in its self I have lost count of the number of games 1 bribe has allowed a player to foul pretty much every turn of the game without getting sent off. Sure they were lucky but the sliding scale of getting caught was a really cool mechanic and would stop this type of dicey occurrence more successfully.

Well said.
Although fouling has been nerfed compared to LRB4, now is more dicey and less tactical.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Its good for low AV teams that are running low in numbers, and therefore must think twice about fouling.

Fouling means risking losing a player for having the opponent lose a player. Sneaky Git hedges this bet.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Sneaky Git hedges this bet...

...in a way that's ultimately beneficial for the recieving end:

Chance order:
nothing > stun > ejection > ko > cas

(ejection being compatible with other results except nothing if fouler has SG)

In general, fouling is more dangerous for the fouler than for the foulee, and SG doesn't really change that, just makes you take fouls you wouldn't for the moderate cost of 20/30TV and a higher penalty if you get caught.

On a totally unrelated note, why would a player who has been ejected go to reserves on a successful argue the ref? Either the ref withdraws his call and the player keeps playing, or he sustains it and the player is ejected. This middle ground is so stupid...

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Chance order:

In general, fouling is more dangerous for the fouler than for the foulee, and SG doesn't really change that, just makes you take fouls you wouldn't for the moderate cost of 20/30TV and a higher penalty if you get caught.

On a totally unrelated note, why would a player who has been ejected go to reserves on a successful argue the ref? Either the ref withdraws his call and the player keeps playing, or he sustains it and the player is ejected. This middle ground is so stupid...

Agreed, this new rule is frankly crap. They should stay on for sure.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2017 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Chance order:

Having Sneaky Git does not MAKE YOU take more fouls you normally wouldn't.
Rather... it ALLOWS YOU to make fouls you normally wouldn't.
You assume that just having it means you MUST use it.
In reality it is there for you when the need for it arises.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2017 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the way that sneaky git makes the most sense is taking lower probability fouls on armor and providing an assist after the foul. If you fail to break armor and roll a double your turn continues on as normal with an assist now provided. Heck, even if you do it as the last action and you have a DT Sneaky Git player you now have a player marking the downed player plus providing one more assist to whoever else is marking a standing player.

It doesn't integrate with how most of us play out our turns, saving fouling for last or keeping players out of B2B with standing players but that's how I imagine it.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2017 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

my snotlings love sneaky git, I just want the diving catch badge. As a sneaky git snotling, I can potshot fouls and hope to get lucky. Dice are rolled and this is a random game. the numbe rof times my snotlings have cause more casualties vs av7 compared to my mighty blow block ogres is stupid and while the dice provide that margin a sneaky git pot shotter can be the difference between a 0-3 and 0-7 loss.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2017 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul all mens. Sneaky Git costs you less players sent off to do it.

It's also very valuable for fouls where you aren't sure of final positioning depending on a particular player being stunned or not. That guy half in the cage, you need to go somewhere else some days if he's not stunned.