43 coaches online • Server time: 13:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcing the first B.A.I.T !!!

With version 0.60 of AIBowl currently finished, it is time to motivate other coaches to take up the challenge of coding the next generation of Blood Bowl AI. Be part of the dawning of a new age of Blood Bowl!

I propose an AI exclusive tournament, to be fought out between the greatest Bots that Blood Bowl coaches can make. Because motivation works best with a deadline, I propose to run the tournament at the end of January, 2011.

The exact arrangement of the tournament is to be decided (give your feedback), but I am thinking about a Round Robin where each entered Bot will be required to use different randomly assigned Rookie teams each match. I will set up the tournament and play all the matches locally on my home computer,and then publish the final results.

Any Bots that take part will be included in all future AIBowl releases, and the winning Bot may include in their AIBowl description the fact that they won the very first BAIT!

How to take part?

AIBowl is a Java based client and Bloodbowl AI. You can read about it and find download links in my FUMBBL blog: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=5203
Read the instructions there on how to get started. Basically, I have made the AI that I have written until now open source, so the easiest way to get involved is to take my Bot, change the name and tinker around with it a bit. Since there is a working example to begin with, it shouldn't be too difficult to get involved. The project configuration for NetBeans is included, so if you download NetBeans, you can start developing it straight away.

Feel free to ask me for any advice or help getting started, and let me know how it goes. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions, fire away.

Grod.

Oscar Wilde
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea Very Happy

/me is downloading a java IDE now

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been fantasizing about doing something similar. Sadly I doubt that I have time.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Love it. Not sure if I'll have any time to get involved (I certainly won't until January) but if I do have time, will definitely try to get an entry in.
JEarlice

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright when do we start?
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JEarlice wrote:
Alright when do we start?

Start now! Download AIBowl and NetBeans and see what you can come up with. Test your creations by playing them against the original GrodBot.

Oscar Wilde
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to use my latest tweak on the woodstock bot to conquer you all Smile
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:

Hey look! More admin power abuse!

If this keeps up I will have to start a topic about it

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
BiggieB wrote:

your moms an admin!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
BiggieB wrote:

your moms an admin!

rofl
xyon

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For a fair competition, when one AI goes against another AI, it should be a series of matches where each AI plays a rookie non progressed team of each race, so they'd basically fill the brackets, and the AI that wins the most matches in the series of competitions would be the winner, but of course an AI that does better with some races than others could be incorporated into the bigger ai for those races its better at. Then once the ai is good at playing rookie teams, it would need to learn how to make good skill choices. Or skill choices could be made by admins, but that would add a lot of man hours for keeping the ai maintained.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

will it be possible to spec live on FUMBBL?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who sees irony in this being posted in the "Real Life Blood Bowl" section?
Adhevan

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Am I the only one who sees irony in this being posted in the "Real Life Blood Bowl" section?

ROFL!
+1
stej

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I hate you Grod. Im always a sucker for AI challenges. I was staying clear of this one as there was no competition as of yet. Looks like I'll have to dig out my old skills from when I used to play robotbattle and give this a whirl
 Jump to: