10 coaches online • Server time: 02:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if all brackets are full, then that's it. And in the "old teams" group teams are sorted by age, so 80+ might be a value from experience with former GLTs. If that's true, I'm afraid my Agility Monsters won't make it... Sad

Bye the way: While calling 40+ "old" is quite insulting, an "80+ bloodbowl tournament" sounds odd, too. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

as the proclaimers sang: "for i would play 500 games and i would play 500 more its the beat of man who plays 1000 games and fall down at the oldtimer door tadalalala tadalalala tadalalala tadalalalalalala"

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford from the GLT **

A big question that is lingering out there...Can Rata Blanca get back on their feet after the beat down they took from the Brotherhood in the UI? Will they have time to get the team back in order to make a respectable defense of their GLT championship last year? Rata made a deep run in the UI by getting that serious inducement money and there gutter runners carried the day all tournament long...but can they repeat that feat in the GLT?

Lets hope we find out...having the defending champion miss out on the tourney is allways a bad thing regardless of which major we are talking about.

Rumours say some albino rats were seen at the GLN private training grounds, giving interviews and practicing gangfouls on some of the GLN interns hired for those purposes by GLN before every GLT.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 15:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

All the criteria have been lowered this year.

Firstly because of low numbers in R in general meaning i am less certain of entrant numbers.

Secondly the impact of CRP.

There is no reason they can't go back up again next year.

My intention is to run 15 qualifiers with 8 teams in each, and the Charity Shield. If interest in any one catagory is SO huge as it seems sensible to extend the qualifier to 16 teams each, i will try to make that widely know.

For now expect qualifiers of 8 teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Cook Them! will try to get ready with some ag4 fling to start their hardest challenge!

Otherwise some elfish stuff will replace them Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Shindahl and the Shrieking Bloodstorm will be entering the Forlorn qualifiers; hopefully the super star skink can bring Nuffle's luck with him and get through the first few matches!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2011 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
All the criteria have been lowered this year.

Firstly because of low numbers in R in general meaning i am less certain of entrant numbers.

Secondly the impact of CRP.

There is no reason they can't go back up again next year.

My intention is to run 15 qualifiers with 8 teams in each, and the Charity Shield. If interest in any one catagory is SO huge as it seems sensible to extend the qualifier to 16 teams each, i will try to make that widely know.

For now expect qualifiers of 8 teams.

Well, that sounds promising... as if my dwarves could get into the old teams qualifier with "only" 62 games played. Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict the Cynwall Sidesteppers will not miss 2 tourneys in a row!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=597543

SL
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that this thread will be stickied

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Well I was hanging out in Altdorf and decided to stop by the TNT HQ and see how everyone was doing. To my shock and amazement the building is boarded up, windows broken and trash is heaped against the side of the building and some homeless fling is living under the front steps.

Well I quess that answers the question of why I have not received a paycheck in over two years. Thank Nuffle that my handicapper skills at the local books is paying the bills.

But I have to say that my heart is troubled as the TNT rivaled the greats of the news industry. At one point the prestige of the TNT rivaled that of cross town "rag" the Altdorf Times when it came to covering FUMBBL Blood Bowl.

Well I had a day to waste before the draw so I kicked in the front door and atleast got my old desk back in order and fired up the telenex promtor, could not bleieve it still worked, and attempted to atleast make the front page presentable. Maybe I will come back in a few days and start clearing out the cobwebs and killing the pigeons that live in the HQ now. Maybe that homeless fling needs a job and he can atleast use a broom and dust pan.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard from reliable inside sources that the GLT could be the place where the Hawkheim Harlequins finally get to play their supposed killers, the Hawkheim Harlequin Hammers!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I've heard from reliable inside sources that the GLT could be the place where the Hawkheim Harlequins finally get to play their supposed killers, the Hawkheim Harlequin Hammers!

** Milfords very bold & pre draw prediction **

On paper the hammers will bring it and smash those pansy elves into the pitch...BUT we dont play on paper. The elves would use that serious inducement money to drive the Chaos scumm nutz with a wizard, bribes and babes. In the end the journeymen will die a glorious death on the LOS to open up the holes neccesary for the game winner 2-1 score for the Harlequin, non bash team.

**the bold prediction**

This game will get scheduled in the opening round and due to script problems the match will show up at the very bottom of the 'games' page but still some how draw 68 specs for the match. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ground and Iron have entered the GLT old teams.
Not sure if they will make it into the draw - but if any dwarf tema does it will be them Smile
Lets see wht they can do under the new client Smile

P.S Great to see you stil going strong Pain State!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think Gournd and Iron will miss the draw for the old teams qualifier with 300+ matches...they are a lock.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Wll FUMBBL fans we have a bona fide SMACK LEGEND going on getting some teams ready and primed for the GLT. Early results show that the agile bones lack agility and staying power. This could pose a problem during the actual tourney...lucky for them they have 3 days to dig up a tomb guardian or two to help them out.

thank NUFFLE that a legend SMACK broke out...I was wondering were all the pre major "grinding" and "pimping" went. Rolling Eyes