17 coaches online • Server time: 03:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the GLT is coming to a close and I look at my calender and I see it is allmost Sept.

So has it been decided to run the Lustrian and attempt to start the FC in Nov.?

OR

Scrap the Lustrian this season and go with the FC at the start of October?

Also regardless of lustrian or FC next up...will the Box teams be allowed once again into the FC.

IF YES..then I suggest it is announced weeks before the tournament and not the week of getting ready to apply, let the box teams/coaches have some heads up.

IF NO...well I quess it is no and we move on.

I just think coaches should get some "heads up" on what the Ranked major scene is going to look like here at the end of the year.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm more occupied with the GLT for now, I'm guessing we'll end up skipping the LC this year. I have no inside knowledge of that decision though.

(btw Painstate, your sig is out of date, the quarters are over, just one semi and the final to go)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Any reason the calender aint used anymore? I liked it.

SL
Ulrik

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I miss the calender alot too..
Either way, seems it's time to dust of the Dinos again Very Happy
Alf115

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Any reason the calender aint used anymore? I liked it.

I once asked PurpleChst about that, and he said it was a pain to maintain as all entries had to be done manually.

Maybe we could ask Christer to do a more friendly like interface for tourney admins.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

On the tourney page it says the Lustrian starts Sep and the Fumbbl Cup Nov. This is presumably current as the Lustrian has previously been August. What I would like to know is if the Lustrian will stay flat entry. In LRB4 this was fine, but with spiralling expenses many higher rating teams won't want to blow all their cash just to get in.
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

And thats why it should be flat entry
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So lots of famous teams that specs want to see don't bother? I don't see the appeal myself.

Alibaba wrote:
And thats why it should be flat entry
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Flat entry favors the bigger teams as it is. Robbing the rich and bloaty isn't that bad an idea. Either run your bankroll dry or don't bring your huge teams.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Forum snatch!
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

1) The main reason I brought this up is that the FC usually runs 2 1/2 months...thus It MIGHT run over into Jan. if sarted in NOV.

2)Flat entry under the new TV system is pointless. Remeber the point of flat entry was to prevent certain teams from hiring stars every round to get a competitve advantage. (hire the count every round)Now under the TV system that has gone away. ALthough someone could horde 2 mil. gold and hire 2 stars every round and give up equal value in inducement. But I dont see that happening.

Iam not advocating getting rid of the LC this season...I just thought it would be a good move by PC and the officials who help out with majors to maybe announce what the plans were so no coaches would be caught off guard.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2011 - 20:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It is my intention to run the LC as soon as possible after the GLT. After that i see the FC as starting.

It is indeed fair comment to say it is about time i confirmed whether B divsion teams will be allowed into this years FC.

i have often stated both that i would wish it to be a regular thing, to allow B teams into the FC, but also that no precedent shopuld be seen as having been created. It might happen again. I am sure i would want people to know as soon as i know we have a firm decision to tell them.

The calendar is horrible to use, every entry requiring hand crafting, and any alterations (of which there would have been legion this year) requiring similarly large efforts. In all casses one tiny slip creates big and hard to solve problems.
i simply cannot bring myself to invest the huge time required to kjeep it up to date in its current format. If anyone wishes to be my calendar slave i am sure i could grant access to it, and you could take on the painful and error prone graft of making it happen.

How large a priority a useable calendar feature is, is not my call to make.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense. Thx for explaining.

SL
Fela

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So, the question remains: Flat Entry or not?
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont bother with flat entry just make a no hire policy.

So the underdog gets inducements and thats it.

Jump to: