39 coaches online • Server time: 18:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, I will see what i can do. Will try and make it pink and fluffy tomorrow for you Overhamsteren.

at the moment im drowning in html for LRB4 :S
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe we are borrowing garion for a little while, its muchly appreciated mate Very Happy
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if it's worth thinking about, but I would surely jump in a a North America timezone based HUBBA 3... I don't want to join any other leagues based in other timezones but I really wanted to make HUBBA work and am really enjoying the new rules and the draft idea. I bet there would be interest in expanding across the pond if it were easy to clone the setup or whatever.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

there is a hubba already for north america, it is called highlander league. We nicked their idea. Though we have done it far far better than those guys from 3DB lol Wink

they did an Open RR for some reason
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

haha, missed it somehow. But they are not recruiting...

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Happygrue,

I borrowed/stole the highlander idea from SunDevil (aka Chance of 3 die block podcast) and me and a few other HUBBAers are in the 3db Highlander league.

The point of this story is that the 3db league is global but in my experience most of the coaches are based in US timezones, which makes scheduling games easy for some, not so easy for others.

If you want to get involved in a US version, I'd pm SunDevil and ask him to let you know if/when spaces become available, or just start a US timezone league.

As far as setting up the league goes, it is pretty simple to do although if you want all the fancy league pages, it helps to know the right people. If you need any help and would like to buy into the HUBBA Franchise, just let me know. Wink

Dfunk

Edit: it took me so long to write the above on my phone that Garion beat me to it and you'd already replied and found the 3db league..... Oh well.....
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks dfunk, I did PM him. I'm not in the market to start any leagues just yet but if I did it would draw heavily on what's going on here and I guess in the original highlander too. I like the new rules and the random draw aspect.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

And in the first round we shall see a classic stunty bout when the cheating Mobstars faces the Buns and their deliciously despicable chef. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

First game has been played and it was a fabulous start for the undeads!

A little bad luck in the first half turned around completely in the second and the cas piled up including a RIP on a t15 foul to stop a Blitzer from potentially scoring.
Particularly notable was that the dead Blitzer was voted MVP as was the Skellington who killed him!
1-0
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3259336

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %04, %2012 - %13:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
henu

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my delfs had a similar start as my orcs in hubba 1 (players dying to fouls etc). Next match will be tough with only two blitzers, but we will fight to the last man Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Stream of Filth - vs - Scum of the Sewers

Stream of Filth walked on to the field oozing and dripping filth and slime all over their home pitch. Their fans turned up in great numbers not even a solitary skaven fan managed to get inside the stadium, though after what transpired on the pitch I dont think any Scum of the Sewers fans will be too bothered.

SoF received first and their lone Pestigor scooped the ball up and hid behind the team captain the grotesque Cadaver. SoF then started swatting the puney rats out their way as they slowly trudged down the field. Condom the Nurgle Warrior was an impassible wall, 4 times in the first half the rats were so put off by his/its foul appearance that they couldn't even bring them self to hit him. Eventually though Skrinch N Gorey the Rat Ogre plucked up the courage to attack him and with one powerful blow knocked him out. This would be the Rat Ogres final act of any worth. The half was over and the Nurgle team had take a 1-0 lead, both teams were slightly depleted. The Skaven team could only field 8 players for the second half while SoF could field 9 after one Rotter died only 6 minutes into his career and another got sent off for a poor attempt at a foul.

The Nurgle fans were baying for blood and as they kicked the ball to the rats, their Beast took the initiative and blitzed the Rat Ogre before the ball had landed. Killing Skrinch N Gorey and Ko'ing him self. This satisfied the fans and Nurgle, and the Beast did not return to the match, coach Garion found it feasting on the remains of the Rat Ogre and it stayed in the reserves box devouring the juicy rat throughout the second half.

The Skaven team still managed to pull one back but by this point their numbers were down to 6 and there was enough time for the Nurgle team to walk the ball in for a second touchdown.

Final score 2-1 Nurgle is satisfied so far....
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Stream Of Filth - vs - Royal Flush

Stream Of Filth took to the pitch in high spirit after winning against the speedy but squishy rats, hopeful of causing some more pain against another puny team, this time Elves.
The Nurlge fans were clearly baying for blood too after their captain killed a giant Rat Ogre in their first game, and decided to take matters into their own hands, throwing a rock at a rookie Elf lineman, the aim was good and the elf was wheeled off the pitch before the kick off had even landed. The Royal Flush fans did not take kindly to this and retaliated with their own much smaller but more accurate stone which they hurled right into the eyes of Old Boot. The Nurgle Warrior doubled over in pain and was also carted off the pitch, nursing a serious injury, fortune was on his side though and the wound was regenerated very quickly.
SoF received first one of their Nurgle Warriors very nearly fell over blocking a cowering elf but in the nick of time, he regained is balance and knocked the elf flying. SoF surrounded the ball fearful the elves could just dance through their solid but incredibly slow ranks, then turned their attention to bashing their opponent into submission. After all three Elves were down their Pestigor ball carrier grabbed the lose ball and hid behind the team captain, the mighty Beast - Cadaver. The Pro Elves fought back and tried to make life difficult for the slow Nurgle team, but as the blows kept landing the Nurgle team found them self a few bodies to the good and the touchdown looked an almost certainty until the Royal Flush Blitzer made a series of tricky dodges right up to the feet of the Nurgle ball carrier and just before he could get his block in he stumbled after over stretching himself. SoF took full advantage and made a line for the end zone, with their superior strength and their Beast Captain tying up a few line-Elves there was no way to stop the touchdown.
The Nurgle team lined up in the second half back to full strength thanks to their regenerating Old Boot. They were clearly up for the fight and the crowd were overjoyed to see all 11 SoF players line up on the Line of Scrimmage forcing the depleted elf team into making some risky blocks to open up a path to the end zone. But to the dismay of the SoF fans the blocks landed true, fortunately the kick landed close to the beast and Nurgle Warriors and when the Elf catcher picked the ball up and made a Pass he was so put of by the stench and putrescence of the Nurgle team that he fumbled the ball. The Nurgle team surrounded the ball most importantly with their immovable Beast and the elves were helpless to stop them. The Nurgle Pestigor again picked the ball up and ran it in for another touchdown. The Nurgle team scored quick hoping for the chance to score again, but after a couple of laughable turns of failure by both teams the final whistle went. The Pro Elves again suffered some big casualties and luck certainly wasn’t on their side in either of their opening games. Nurgle continue on their impressive start to the season, topping the table. But their next game is against an equally brutal but far better drilled Chaos Dwarf side. Nurgle is satisfied so far...

Nurgle win 2-0

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Teletubbies and Chums - vs - Kurious Oranj

The Chums dragged themselves onto the field against the more energetic looking Kurious Oranj.

The Oranj decided to receive but the Chums had been practicing some new defensive plays and quickly managed to reset themselves up, placing the Oranj under immediate pressure. The Oranji’s team ogre quickly knocked down a tomb guardian but was soon knocked down and then gang fouled by a skeleton who badly hurt him but got sent off for such a blatant foul.

The Oranji manged to seriously injury a skeleton but simple rejoining the damaged limb managed to get it back in the fight. As the KO’s began to pill up the Oranj catcher was given the ball and he managed to head up pitch and after some pressure being applied managed to score.

The Chums had a couple of turns to score but couldn’t get the drive together and half time was called.

By now the Oranji KO’s meant that couldn’t set up more than half a dozen players and the Chums managed to steam roll their way down pitch in the second half. A desperate attempt to delay the score meant that a brave Oranj blitzer was killed and another Oranj seriously injured and will have to miss the next game but the Oranj catcher did managed some elf like dodging to blitz A Hitler (Blitz Ra) KO him and pick up the ball. Luckily Dipsy (TG) managed to blitz the Oranj catcher down and even pickup the ball in the end zone to score. 1-1.

The Oranj had a couple of turns to score but a desperate defence and misclick by the Oranj coach ensured that the match ended 1-1.

The star of the match was P Pot who managed to cas two Oranj players and was awared the MVP by the commentators.
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3260786

Considering the poor record I have with my ranked High Elves, I got this very bad feeling when they got appointed to me. Well, my first match against the Wood Elves of Aecrylis certainly proved that feeling to be correct, cause the 2-1 win for the woodies seems somewhat poor considering the five (5!!!) casualties they managed to inflict upon my team. In the first four turns alone, I got three casualties against. It was just downright ridiculous! Add in a few poor rolls (double skull with a blitzer when you really don't have any team re-rolls left) and I could consider myself lucky that Aecrylis had some bad turns with ball handling.

Still, thanks for the game and the chase is on!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fern Buddies travelled a long way to fight this game, and apparently it made them very grumpy!

Fern ordered that the elves didn't play nice for once, and this apparently took the high elves by surprise.
The Woodies started the game off strong, badly hurting 3 of the high elves very quickly and dominating the bashing part of the game.

The bashing quickly led to a score aswell. 1-0 for the wood elves!

The high elves did their best to get down the field, but they kept failling over their own legs or throwing the ball to the totally wrong place. This meant that in the very last turn of the half, the wood elves could walk in another touchdown, making it 2-0.

the 2nd half was special as the high elves attacked 8 vs. 11, and while the wood elves continued to knock out the high elves, the high elves did manage to get in one touchdown before the game ended.

Final score was 2-1 for the wood elves, a win far smaller than both coaches thought it should have been.
 Jump to: