40 coaches online • Server time: 11:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I use to complain about people that use to put their teams on the finder but didn't come to the chat for instant communication.

Now we have a different finder and I am afraid that it has some coaches fooled into thinking they don't have to use the chat at all now.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED IN PLAYING?
HOW IS ANOTHER COACH SUPPOSE TO KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING THEM?

Sitting here waiting, wondering, and not communicating is wasting a great deal of time so please, if you are going to put teams on the finder, USE THE CHAT FEATURE.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guilty of this now, I think you make a good point.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED IN PLAYING?

By seeing who has games on gamefinder? Tick games you want, if both tick game starts?

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
HOW IS ANOTHER COACH SUPPOSE TO KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING THEM?

By ticking the team, game will start if they are interested?

Heh ok I confess I haven't tried the new gamefinder but how is going to chat saying 'I wanna play' speeding things up, shouldn't you already see that coach in gamefinder and accept or decline his teams?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Partly because you cant see all teams, only i think 5 per team that you have entered. So you may want to play a match up that isnt suggested but that you could see would work. Or for instance I was trying to fill the grid with Underworld, had a rookie team seeking Undead, Dwarfs and Norse, none looking for games. Message in chat showed my team was available for the taking Smile

edit- ignore the bit about 5 matchups, think that must have been coincidence, seeing 6 or 7 match ups for some of my teams currently.

Last edited by blocknroll on %b %29, %2012 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren, you haven't used it then...you don't accept or decline anything, unless you both click the green check mark.

I still think clicking the check mark should offer the match. If declined, it should notify you and block you from offering that match-up again that session. At least then you would know that they are at least there and acknowledged your presence.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have another question.

if you click the red x, does that take you off the other coaches finder, so they can't see you as available?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

By seeing who has games on gamefinder? Tick games you want, if both tick game starts?

Is this how it works???
I have been using this site for a while now but had a few months off..... This new gamefinder confuses me lol
Tried to search news and forums about whats been changed and how it works but no luck Sad
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

badgertheking wrote:

Is this how it works???
I have been using this site for a while now but had a few months off..... This new gamefinder confuses me lol
Tried to search news and forums about whats been changed and how it works but no luck Sad

Basically, yep. It shows a lot (5?) of the possible matchups, and if both of you agree to it, you both get taken to a screen that says start game, and if you both press it, it starts.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 18:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And Christer has written both a detailed announcment as well as a wiki page regarding this:

https://fumbbl.com/help:GameFinder
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22053

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers could not find that Smile
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good feedback for the gamefinder mechanics, more response from the system/other coaches to show you that stuff is happening. I assume it has also been put in the feedback thread. Smile

Maybe some coaches also need to be more active on the gamefinder, before you could put teams up and wait for an offer, now I guess you constantly have to accept and decline?

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

new system makes irc obsolete for finding games.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well eventually at least. Surprised

I think some old schoolers will still go to irc to challenge each other.

I guess you could change your nick in chat to nick^lfg to show that you are out for blood. Smile

Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If I want (and have the time) to play my Agility Monsters, I often look on IRC for coaches I have listed for a rematch first. After that, I ask on #FUMBBL: I tend to play against the first one who offers a match, more often than not it's a coach who already heard of my team and wants to play against it for it's fluff (or at least he pretends so). That gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling I wouldn't have it the game had been arranged via gamefinder (2).

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to use the new tool, since I often have limited time and if it speeds up the process, I'll be glad. Most likely I'll do both at once, using gamefinder and looking for a match on IRC.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrieking Bloodstorm still wants to play Agility Monsters. Shindahl loves playing with other oddball ballers to go with his Saurus catchers.
 Jump to: