52 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you approach GF 2.0 now?
I click every match up and wait for a match
18%
 18%  [ 11 ]
I still find I "sift" through the matches before commiting
46%
 46%  [ 28 ]
Iam still stuck in the past and spend 10 minutes looking for cherries
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
I dont like it because I cant IRC a coach and talk him into a match anymore
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
PIE...it should allways be listed as a possible match up.
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 60

PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I really like the new game finder that Christer put togther, thanks Big C.

Here is what I have found that I really like about it.

1)Iam finding games really fast now.

2)Iam finding that when I go on gamefinder Iam just clicking the green button on every single match up. With the one exception of a Bash team with 2+ CPO. I will play 1 CPO but not 2 or more, sorry just aint going to happen.

3)Iam finding I dont even really look at my opponeets team any more, I might hit the overview, but that is it. I dont even hit the team link.

4)I tried an experiement one afternoon when a lot of the euro coaches were in GF. I had 12 or 13 possible match ups. I just sat there not clicking anything. Went to grab a beer and came back and had 6 challenges. Clicked on a fun match up, proceeded to lose. But it was fun and fast.

5)I dont like that sometimes the GF seems to lock up when you click YES to accepting a match. I have had a few times I said yes and the game did not launch and I had to reload and start over.

6)I do not like how the new GF has trully put the stake in the IRC heart. Lets face it, you never have to enter chat anymore. That hurts the social side of the game.

7)Overall for me I think it is awesome from the perspective that I can get games fast and move on to playing, in the Ranked div and still have choice of match up.

What do you guys think?

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a massive and positive step forward for ranked. I feel it is detrimental to League, LRB 4 and Stunty however.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you DO enter chat, you might encounter me, which would be awesome.

The new Gamefinder is fantastic for those of me who would always accept any match up, anyway. I click 'em all (the only thing I'll ever have in common with PainState Smile ) and wait impatiently because other people don't for some odd reason.

I do think it could be an issue with people trying to be quick and picky at the same time. Both my Orcs and undead are quite far on the 'balling' side, but people glancing through the list might just avoid them due to more common team styles with those races.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see how it's bad for L. It's not like open play was massive before. League is still the best division there is, and leagues wont be affected, I shouldn't think. Stunty will probably need it's own section, mind.

I've nothing but great things to say about the new system. It's fast, easy, picking is eliminated since both coaches challenge, and I've noticed a much more varied selection of matches played. Huzzah for the step forward.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd agree about League, and don't play in LRB4 so can't comment. I anticipated that it would be harder to find Stunty matches, but actually, I've had a few Stunty games from the new gamefinder, it doesn't seem to have been detrimental at all.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

And today a match turned green to indicate the other coach had issued a challenge. BOOM, went right to it and got a game. MONEY!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

One day, I will play The_Murker and laugh as his pixels squish beneath my boots! (probably not until September when my son is back in school, but still.....

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Stunty.

I assumed that Big C would add Stunty (and open League LFGs) to Fishbowl once he's done tinkering.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2012 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here is what the game finder needs. CRASH BOOM BANG
SOUND

in the old days my irc client would tell me when some one wanted my attention.

with the new game finder I put on my teams often get bored at looking at it and do some thing else while waiting for some one to accept my chalange. yes my dorfs ticked all teams on the finder. Some times some one is actually stupid enough to accept but I might miss it as I am not viewing the page but on looking at some thing else. Sound will notify me and tell me to come back and accpet!

SOUND SOUND SOUND Christer!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
werks

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2012 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, I'm new so this is how I found my 2 games. Where is the 'chat'?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2012 - 03:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

werks wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new so this is how I found my 2 games. Where is the 'chat'?

https://fumbbl.com/chat.php
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2012 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Ok here is what the game finder needs. CRASH BOOM BANG
SOUND

in the old days my irc client would tell me when some one wanted my attention.

with the new game finder I put on my teams often get bored at looking at it and do some thing else while waiting for some one to accept my chalange. yes my dorfs ticked all teams on the finder. Some times some one is actually stupid enough to accept but I might miss it as I am not viewing the page but on looking at some thing else. Sound will notify me and tell me to come back and accpet!

SOUND SOUND SOUND Christer!

+1

It's great, apart from the fact I don't know if I get offers without looking at the screen all the time.

Oh and PainState, good topic mate Smile