67 coaches online • Server time: 23:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2012 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember....The CPOMB teams...They all have a bunch of AV8 dudes running around. The all AV9 teams are the slow and ponderous teams like Dorf. IN that match up your speed should compensate for the AV advantage they have.

Chaos/Nurgle/Pact go *POP if you target their AV8 guys all match long with the MB/PO.

Playing Orcs, well you dont have to worry about the CPOMB. So that is a push. Plus since they are orcs they to have probally shown up wiht the PO/MB also...Dont want to lose the arms race man.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2012 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Done writing? Let's play. OLC 1

All I can do is write man...Iam in a bad way with my Blood Bowl schedule...Iam allways up at work!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2012 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Remember....The CPOMB teams...They all have a bunch of AV8 dudes running around. The all AV9 teams are the slow and ponderous teams like Dorf. IN that match up your speed should compensate for the AV advantage they have.

I'm with PainState here.
Today I had a match against Chuck Versus Blood Bowl. I was lucky to receive the kick-off, but I was able to seriously hurt his team. RandomOracle played the second half with only 4 players, and I didn't win the match only due to a couple of positioning error on my side. I was too concentrated on hurting him... Cool

Now, reagarding the team lineup. After a bit of trimming due to some bashing, I had what I consider my best possible roster without crazy rolls, just two doubles and a +ST. Maybe one stand firm instead of a piling on (on Bomber), but that's my target roster with humans.

I'm almost tempted to abandon the Premiership and put the team on the shelf for the FUMBBL Cup... Shocked

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh as others have mentioned before, damage output is a big key in winning with humans. 4 ST access rookie blockers can be really quite brutal, though 2 POMBers and an ogre can do alot to mince a LOS on their own. Then you need a ball carrier. I've been lucky enough to roll up the legendary Max Schmerz in all his 8/4/4 blodging glory and he does win matches. If you can get these 2 elements while keeping the fat trimmed (few skills on 'superfluous' players like linos, 2 rerolls +leader on a thrower) you can have a very effective team at a TV just nudging the premiership cap.

Honestly I have gotten a bit bored of the formulaic way the Bengals have been playing, even though they do often win. I'd like to prime them for a major before Max inevitably snakes and dies so will be looking into a throwing game in the near future...watch this space...
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh* I can't roll +stats or even doubles to save my life with humans. Once in a blue moon with a catcher, but then again, catchers hog all of my SPP.

for nufflehatesme..

Back to basics for me. Guard first on all blitzers, then tackle, then mighty blow.

Jump to: