43 coaches online • Server time: 13:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Michael_Warblade wrote:

1. its a 1 in 6 chance to die not a 1 in 36 chance

It is a 1 in 6 chance of dying once you roll a casualty.

From the 1 in 36 quoted, he is still thinking of the 3rd edition injury table. and needs to go download a copy of the living rule book, as a good number of other things have changed since 3rd edition/

odds are still the same tho (if there are no injury modifiers)...

3rd edition death needed 1 12 on 2d6 chances are 1:26

LRB death needs a 10+ on 2d6 followed by a 6 on 1 d6 i.e. 6:36 followed by 1:6= 1:6X1:6= 1:36
Vaelan

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BAh..I have a death almost every game..Razz

Undead went 4 games had 3 deaths..thats with regen.
one game lost a wight and a ghoul.

Its all Luck..Have a bad day..take a beak for a few days come back.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

With the number of coaches in FUMBBL, you are bound to have more than your fair share of these guys...

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fatalies too frequent... What on earth do you mean, that's like saying "this food is too tasty"... Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Look often you take a lot of casualties if you play the ball. The problem is it usually leaves the opponents team whacking your players every turn.

The best tip I can give is: if your opponents players are all on the ground, only one of them can block you with their blitz! This drastically lowers the chance of a cas against you. So knock their players over and foul the ones with mighy blow to stop them getting to their feet...

Oscar Wilde
CoachLazyeye

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback, just checking what other players think about it. I play fairly often with the Board game and haven't seen this much carnage since second edition.

As far as the 1 in 6 thing; I still believe I'm right probability wise. Combinations of rolling 10 -12 on the injury roll are 1 in 6 (4 + 6, 6 + 4, 5 + 5, 5+ 6, 6 + 5, 6 + 6 = 6 out of 36) and on the casualty table they are also 1 in 6 making the chances of a fatality on every injury roll 1 in 36.

I was pleasantly suprised to not get 19 replies of "Learn how to play" (to put it mildly).

Sometimes not all complaints are really what they seem...
Ninetails

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the game tries to "balance" the luck. When I played with my chaos against a wood elf team I got in one turn 3 KOs and 1 badly hurt. Okay elfs do break. In the first half 6th turn I had the ball and though that I had a lot of time to make a goal and my bashing the elfs were good too. But then happened something, the elf made one dice blocks, and all suckseeded, the last block he made even broke my beastmans neck. this is still okay... but this same "luck" went on the rest of the game... in the end I had 2SI, 3BH including my minotaur... I only got 1BH made for the elves and lost 0-1... the game was pure horror to watch after the first SI. Anything i tried to do failed. Its no problem for me to have injuries but that the game "balances" your luck can screw the game totally.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ninetails. After reading a comment such as yours, I feel ready to drown myself in my own toilet in mere contempt for the human race.

When you lose a game, try to think about what mistakes you made, so that you avoid making them next time you play. Don't blame some made up "unfairness" or "luck balance". In that way, you will never get better.
TheAnomaly

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt_wyeth wrote:
its called BLOOD bowl!!!

dude, he's not complaining that people die, he's saying that he keeps seeing deaths that are far off the odds that dying should have. It's not like he's whining about fouling, getting sidelined, or having to play teams with unnaturally high strength. He's just pointing out that death seems to happen to frequently when the chances for it are fairly low. You have to get a 10+ for a casualty, generally a 1/6 chance, then a 6 for a death, (1/6) resulting in a 1/36 chance of death after an injury check if there aren't any skills involved (Razor Sharp Claws, Mighty Blow added to Injury, Dirty Player, etc... can all make this significantly more likely).
m0nty

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to SkiJunkie implementing Dungeon Bowl so that people can start complaining about the narrow corridors and dangerous traps, allowing us to yell in chorus: "IT'S DUNGEON BOWL!!!!"
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When talking about fatalities it is easiest to think in terms of number of Fatalities/6Cas In the long term this number approaches 1 which generally occurs no matter who you are (and no matter how bad your short term luck is it will eventually tend to this number)

now if you are complaining that CAS are too high that envoles a long complicated discussion about Armor values and modifers and the number of blocks per match which would a long time to work out however if asked i could probably provide some numbers

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention this is in reply to all those people who continue to say it is a 1 in 36 chance while quoting my post saying its a 1 in 6 chance(yes that is true it is a 1/36 chance each injury roll however it is also true that it is a 1 in 6 chance per casualty)
Ninetails

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Carl_Stoneyard wrote:
Ninetails. After reading a comment such as yours, I feel ready to drown myself in my own toilet in mere contempt for the human race.

When you lose a game, try to think about what mistakes you made, so that you avoid making them next time you play. Don't blame some made up "unfairness" or "luck balance". In that way, you will never get better.

Mistakes I did? so if the first block I do in a turn where I have more strenght and get to throw 2 dice both become skulls, that is my mistake?
and if this same happens the whole second half, its my mistake? Am I a bad player then? Every ballhandling, dodge, anything I do goes bad, I´m to blame? And if every block my opponent does with equal strength makes a injuri to my player, I´m to blame? I have seen this happen, I have seen a halfling blitz an ogre, with 3 dice for the opponent to choose, and making a injury to the ogre and scoring a TD in the end, but when this happens the whole game, then I can't play, do I throw the dice in a wrong way? Your right, I will never get better if this goes like this because I have no chance. Its no fun to play anymore if everything one does goes bad, even if it happens to my opponent.

I´m not that bad of a player that I have to kill every opponents player to win, casualities to my side is okay, even with handicap I can play. A pushback is enough to me, but when allmost every block i make with more strength turns to my turnover is not really possible, even one pushback on the other dice is enough.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

haha I just want to take this section of this thread to point and laugh at Ninetails. Ahhh feels much better! Back to Blood Bowl!
Pardus

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a team that aged 3 times in 3 games on first skills... it was their first 3

stuff happens, just play long enough and you'll get so bitter you'll believe the game is out to get you, or you will accept that luck is unpredictable (and a very beautiful lady *sound of asskissing being made*)
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for your Information

This is the change of geting an injury:

Normal Block/Mighty Blow-No RSC/Mighty Blow-RSC/Claw-No RSC/Claw-RSC
Player's Armor
AV7 .11 .13/.17 .23 .16 .27
AV8 .09 .11/17 .19 .13 .23
AV9 .06 .09/.10 .15 .11 .20
AV10 .04 .06/.07 .12 .09 .16

I've done all this reseach myself, so it might not be 100% accurate percentages, but they should be pretty darn close Smile.

Now, all of you can make a conclusion if the javabbowl is giving a high percentage of casulaties, or if it just pure luck

Thanks,

Luis M. Cortell

Vamps Group
 Jump to: