36 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for your Information

This is the change of geting an injury:

Normal Block/Mighty Blow-No RSC/Mighty Blow-RSC/Claw-No RSC/Claw-RSC
Player's Armor
AV7 .11 .13/.17 .23 .16 .27
AV8 .09 .11/17 .19 .13 .23
AV9 .06 .09/.10 .15 .11 .20
AV10 .04 .06/.07 .12 .09 .16

I've done all this reseach myself, so it might not be 100% accurate percentages, but they should be pretty darn close Smile.

Now, all of you can make a conclusion if the javabbowl is giving a high percentage of casulaties, or if it just pure luck

Thanks,

Luis M. Cortell

Vamps Group
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ninetails. I just watched the replay of the game you're talking about. If anyone else want to see it, the link is here. But don't use the game as a lesson in blood bowl tactics:

Ninetail's game with balanced luck

The wood elf fouled you like hell, so it is no wonder that he broke armor a few times. But I have to admit, you made a few unlucky rolls around halftime. Nothing special about that.

For people who arenĀ“t used to math and/or probability based games its easy see a correlation that don't exist. If you decide that you have bad luck, you only see the 3+ dodges you fail and not the ones that succed. And you made a lot of 3+ dodges in that game, Ninetails.

My advice to you is to expect rolls to fail, as they will do. Sometimes all at once, sometimes once in a while. If you think javabowl cheats with the dice, it is your own brain that has an error, not the program.
Ninetails

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I admit I owerdid it a bit, I dosent look that bad looking it again, but when I was playing it felt much worse. Should think a bit more before posting, as should some else people. Dont get over emotional...

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ninetails wrote:
I think the game tries to "balance" the luck.

For the last time people, the game uses a well document random number generator. Any "balancing of luck" you are seeing is caused by this thing called the law of averages. Every single roll of a dice the client makes is as random as any other.

The Finishing Touch
Anhksunamun

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a stunty game and so many died there wasn't room in the box
blitzwing

Post 6 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK listen every is in denial deaths are part of the game. what more do i need say??????????? what that guy said before is right its bloodbowl no elf bowl. in regard to mrmojo or whatever that hacks name is, he accuses the answer of "its bloodbowl" to not be helpful. but is his comment anymore so - "its just chance". Yeah thx for that insight it is just chance and deaths are part of that chance because its bloodbowl Smile
blitzwing

Post 18 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

speaking of bloodbowl i just killed 3 players from nthatch's team my ladies by fouling...

BLOODbowl forever
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Then elaborate on why "its bloodbowl" instead of shouting it like a tard.

If you rag on Mojo again, A LOT of people won't be happy.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzwing wrote:
OK listen every is in denial deaths are part of the game. what more do i need say??????????? what that guy said before is right its bloodbowl no elf bowl. in regard to mrmojo or whatever that hacks name is, he accuses the answer of "its bloodbowl" to not be helpful. but is his comment anymore so - "its just chance". Yeah thx for that insight it is just chance and deaths are part of that chance because its bloodbowl Smile

Uhm. I have no problem with player deaths and I was giving him hard numbers to show that his luck was just representative of getting several games in. 11 CAS between him and his opponents in the first three matches and 2 deaths. That's how things balance out.

... and ...

I don't mind blood in my bowl, but I am so sick of that alleged argument to rationalize <whatever>. "It's bloodBOWL!" Why don't you ever see that? Sigh. Whatever.

Jump to: