16 coaches online • Server time: 07:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:

Someone even suggested to start new for the CRP era: I would not do that, records are records! Even if I guess no one will reach highest TV now, surpassing grandfathered Ogre teams is quite an hard goal Very Happy

This post in this thread made me curious what the highest TV CRP (only) team is. Post your contenders here. =)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start with Royal Cookie Crumble; TV2590 at the time of writing, but with 320k left to grow a little (16th player; RRs; AC/CL) before spiralling expenses end the fun.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I know Chainsaw (the team) reached 2730 at one point.
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume you can search the database for it. Anyway, its fairly easy to deduce what kind of team it is. It has to get low losses so it can amass lot of cash, when income gets to zero it contintues up in TV. So, high AV on Ranked (no claw mb po oppos) is the easiest, with blodge teams as second. Necromantic teams, while they take low losses will fill up the rooster with cheap linemen so the TV will peak a lot earlier.

So, Orc teams, followed by chaos (that avoid clawplomb so they get games) and DEs/HEs, with some edge to DEs due to more positionals that cost more then other players (you can play a DE team with ALL 10 positionals if you really want to, same with Orc but more common there as they are cheaper).

This is with current rules, looking at grandfathered teams you get more of a spread.
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst this clearly won't challenge for top spot, I think it's quite high as far as Norse teams go.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=654678

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Agility Monsters are currently at 2520k, I'm pretty sure they reached 2590k as well, before entering the Ulthuan Invitational.

Quite hard to "grow" further with no money in the bank... There is a badge for getting a team to 3000k, but I'm afraid that won't happen for them any time soon.

How do you define a "CRP (only) team"? Sure, a couple of my players go back far further than that, but it's not like they achieved something back than that would have been impossible now... Grandfathered ogres are an exception for sure, but what else makes those teams different (assuming they have played a couple of matches under CRP and had their ups and especially downs since the migration)?

Edit:
2520k is their current TV (corrected above). 1520k would not be very competitive in the highest TV race. Wink

Last edited by Rabe on %b %08, %2013 - %13:%May; edited 1 time in total
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: He means only new teams, not teams that are grandfathered in from other rulesets.
Daudy

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as League teams go, this is one of the highest ones I've seen in CRP only: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=656464

Unfortunately little scope for improvement due to lack of cash but count those +STs!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

How do you define a "CRP (only) team"? Sure, a couple of my players go back far further than that, but it's not like they achieved something back than that would have been impossible now... Grandfathered ogres are an exception for sure, but what else makes those teams different (assuming they have played a couple of matches under CRP and had their ups and especially downs since the migration)?

I guess the easiest and most relevent definition would be "the highest TV reached with a fully CRP compliant team". So as long as your team doesn't have anything that couldn't be had in CRP, it would count. (perhaps excepting majors awards)
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Any team that complies with CRP rules and has played 20+ games in CRP ought to be eligible.

If someone really cared just to go after this, Nurgle would be the team. Play a ton at low TV to stockpile cash (easy for Nurgle with regen, AV, etc.) ... I mean HUGE cash. Then let the team skill up until SE starts to become an issue. Then fill out the roster, buy up to 8 rerolls (70k apiece) and load up on CL/ACs. The latter make the whole exercise silly, since wasteful TV isn't tough to add if you save up cash.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

They peaked at 2770TV. Sadly the other side of the peak was a cliff.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Nelphine wrote:

They peaked at 2770TV. Sadly the other side of the peak was a cliff.

Wow that's a steep one.
Well, if you're going to get your team utterly crushed, at least it's by an epic team.
I'll aim for 2780 then =D
PainState

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers are primed to make a run at the 2780 mark. They sit at 2570 with the MNG counted in. Got a lot of guys in easy skill up range to make the run.

Plus with all the guys enrolled in Bo's training camp Iam sure another one or two +ST will pop any time.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we go: 2840.

maysrill wrote:
Any team that complies with CRP rules and has played 20+ games in CRP ought to be eligible.

If someone really cared just to go after this, Nurgle would be the team. Play a ton at low TV to stockpile cash (easy for Nurgle with regen, AV, etc.) ... I mean HUGE cash. Then let the team skill up until SE starts to become an issue. Then fill out the roster, buy up to 8 rerolls (70k apiece) and load up on CL/ACs. The latter make the whole exercise silly, since wasteful TV isn't tough to add if you save up cash.

Yes, I guess that hoarding + AC/CL mean it's just a contest of getting rich and caring more about records then cash. Meh.
SpacemanJames

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Here we go: 2840.

2840 and no treasury?

Say hello to that cliff Chainpaw mentioned.
 Jump to: