58 coaches online • Server time: 23:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

RIP Mighty Bladud!!

Another Giant fell in the 2nd round of season 19, when Erwin Hoffer stomped down hard on the collar bone of Nicky "Nightmare" Johns, although it is still unclear if the Nightmare will rise again in his weakened state to keep haunting the Premiership.

I don't know too much about Nicky "Nightmare" Johns except he made one of the most terrifying pairs in the history of OBBA with his wingman Bob "The Boulder" Bolder.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Royston

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

'Twas a vicious match against Charlton there! 3 deaths and 2 perms.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a brutal brutal match, ogre Markus Karl was killed right at the ref's first whistle in one fatal blow by mummy Bob "The Boulder" Bolder and after that Kaiserslaughtering flew into a frenzy dogpiling the mummies.

As the match progressed it seemed FCK was hitting their heads against a wall of impenetrable undead flesh, rerolls dwindling, mummies standing firm against their efforts and the ballcarrier strolling around at the TD line. A clear mistake by the coach not keeping his players focused on the ball and the bigger picture.

That was until lightning struck, Nicky "Nightmare" Johns was mangled in a vicious gang foul and in the dying seconds of the 1. half Bob "The Boulder" Bolder was knocked out for the rest of the match in another dirty play.

2. Half Charlton Unathletic was hit hard by KOs and heat, exposing their niggled underbelly and as FCK kept their unrelenting assault going another 3 players were killed or maimed, Charlton almost repayed the blood by breaking the legs of superstar catcher Marco Knaller in another foul but the apo was on the spot and by the grace of Nuffle FCK went unscathed through the remainder of the bitter feud.

All said and done, we saw the downfall of 5 players including an ogre, a mummy, 10 normal skillups, 4 doubles and an agility increase. Shocked

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

all mens dead?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wondered if I would be allowed to enter a team in to the OBBA conferences... but also keep my CD's in the Championship (if I avoid relegation!) next season.

If... and I mean if... the two teams end up likely to be in the same division then I would put one team on ice and just play with one of them (obviously you couldn't have two teams managed by the same coach in the same division!)...

Just wondered whether this idea had any merit?, or wider interest from other coaches?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wotfud. I'd be happy to hear other coaches opinions. I have nothing against this in principle.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I've no problem against it but what happens with cups?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Khysanth wrote:
The Fubar's would like to publicly recognize Joe Bendik's efforts in our last match. This keeper (aka MUMMY) not only had the presence of mind to snag a bouncing ball out of multiple tackle zones after a 1d takedown of the ghoul ball carrier, but he also managed to awkwardly lumber his way from just past mid-field to score the games opening touchdown!

Bendik's effort made Charlie the prophet, and exposed Johan as the clueless talking head!

Yep, Charlie is all smiles this week. Johan is going to be doing a player interview in his boxers. Perhaps he could interview Joe Bendik and ask how a mummy made a one-handed catch and scored a TD in the same half?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
I've no problem against it but what happens with cups?

we have two cups, so that would be fine unless both teams were in the top 2 divs. in that case, only one could enter?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's easier to just say no.

I'll put it another way. The benefit to the coach is obvious, they get to play 2x as many matches in a league they enjoy.

What's the benefit to the league?

It's possible there is one, and I have been in leagues which allowed more than one team per coach (within some defining controls) but the end result was usually to recruit up enough new coaches so that the 2 teamers could go back to one team.

So take it from someone who doesn't know anything about OBBA. Make your case for why it's a good thing for OBBA to allow this, because if you let one in, you have to let everyone else in (theoretically at least).
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion would be never, one coach one team, thats how league works

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to stick my oar in here and say that I don't think it is a good idea. Too much potential conflict of interest - say that a team in the prem has a feeder team in the championship; the championship team is safe midtable, as is the prem team. Now, the championship team has their final fixture of the season against the runaway winners - what is to stop the feeder team just going (even more) killy than usual? Especially if the championship winners look like having a player or two designed to hurt the prem's team?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Good feedback good sirs!

We already have MLS for bi-time zone coaches (does that sound naughty?), as those Leagues are unlikely to ever play each other aside from in off-season tour friendlies.

Chewie. Oar = new team?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll see. Let me come back to the site properly first Wink
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I hear what Chewie says about people using and abusing this. Selfishly as licker says, I enjoy OBBA, and have been in it a fairly long time, and just wanted more. The main benefit I can think of is making the most of the committed, reliable and trusted coaches in OBBA... it might help reduce the number of unplayed games and drop outs, speed up rounds a bit... and may be allow the OBBA to expand in divisions a little. I'm sure some general rules could be thought about to reduce any potential for abuse... 1 team per cup... Both teams separated by 2 divisions perhaps otherwise only one team allowed to be coached that season...

It's no biggy if the consensus from the league is "no"... I just thought it would be worth asking.

Jump to: