27 coaches online • Server time: 01:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 22:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Lands of Orymm Blood Bowl league is upon us!

I thought, with the league set to start soon, it'd be a good idea to have an In Character or In Game thread going for the LOBBL.

The premise is simple. Anyone involved in the LOBBL can post here, but all posts (after this one) must be made in-character. They don't have to be in the character of your coach necessarily. It could be one of your players, a random bystander or spectator or whatever, but all posts must be written from an in-world perspective. It will also be a good place for Calthor and me to post in-game news items and announcements without them getting lost in the regular LOBBL thread.

People can also use this thread for announcing when games are going to be played, or even a bit of smack-talk, but all IC.

Thanks

LOBBL Admins
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2013 - 22:53
FUMBBL Staff

Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

the masked figure known as Dark Emu delivers the Truth Speaker's acceptance of the "Liúnár Invitational" and states "we will show the world the injustice of the common elf hidden behind the gilt and glamour of High elven society"

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2013 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

---Newsflash---

Damn those Vermin!!!

There were just too many of them. Luther Jones managed to cut one down to size after showing the rest of the lads how to score a Touchdown.

The first half went to plan for the Night Terrors with a slow drive downfield, knocking a couple of the pests out on the way. And securing a Touchdown in the final minutes of the half.

The second half thing really fell apart for our guys, excuse the pun. The Vermin managed to score an early Touchdown midway through the half taking out a couple of our players including Hugh Janus. This left us outnumbered but still in control.

The ball was quickly collected by Luther Jones and caged up by the Night Terrors in the middle of the field. The Vermin surrounded them trying to find a hole in the defences.

Then disaster fell as Luther got caught with a lucky shot, spilling the ball behind his own defence. The same pesky Vermin who scored in the first half was there waiting to scoop the loose ball up and run it in for a Touchdown.

The Night Terrors tried there best to get an equaliser in the dying seconds but there just wasn't enough time.

Councilman Frederick Rotbottom had this to say
'We may have lost today, but we put out a good performance. We are still a young team with plenty of inexperience but believe me our day will come. At the moment we are planning a journey out of Pockara a formal statement will be issued soon.'

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2013 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ryder's Cove Wanderers gathered in the Black Rose Inn for their first reunion. They are now ready to open the new over-water Blood Bowl stadium in Ryder's Cove and then to leave with the Ryder's Surfer for new places.
But the designed opponents, those filthy pirates, are hiding somewhere...
Rirni is out on the streets looking for them.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Viper.. An embarrassing display against the lesser ones. Your squad is in disarray. You will stay in the elvish Capitol and practice against any teams foolish enough to think they can defeat the Immortals.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I, mighty High Lord Ebon, would weep if I had not lost the ability in death, for The Grandmasters' shameful start to the season. Losing 1-0 to those clowns from nextdoors... I still can not fathom it! The disgrace!

My kin obviously did not take their task seriously, and will all be severely punished for it. Especially Bothia's disgraceful performance brings out my Lordly rage. Expected to lead this team by example, she instead hurt her pretty little face and won't even be able to play next week! Despicable! Unimaginable!

The only reason she is allowed to keep unliving is that nice bone-shattering blow she delivered to that puny skeleton. Not being able to play next week, though, she will be pulling her weight and more quite literally by pulling the supply-cart all the way to Ryder's Cove. With a silver chain.

The only other positive point in this whole sham of a game was the performance of Zod'lek. Zod'lek of all people, Bothia! The sod! His genius actions in tough situations could've swayed the game the other way, had the rest of you not been bumbling about!

Now with Bothia pulling the cart, keeping the thralls fresh and hopefully able to take a little more punishment, I expect all of you to come back with a taste of new blood, but more importantly, a taste of victory over these weak living creatures of Orrym! And over those undead misfits too! Now get out of here!

Last edited by Nekran on %b %26, %2013 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, my friends! We enraged the enemy to the point of riots. They laughed and scoffed at our team, but we scored THREE times upon the high born led by Lord Murker. Remember, friends, if not for riots on the field, we would have won. While we wait for a big name tournament, we shall stay in our city and practice, train,and continue to remind people that we remain where there is lies and injustice

-excerpt from a speech given by Dark Emu to a crowd of players and fans of the Truth Speakers. -

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Deaden Speaks. Man-things listen.

I lead chosen family to Ryder cove. We search for brethren. We hunt man-things. Beware. Pox is coming.....

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Viper.. send word to the silly 'Dark Emu' that his pitiful band will be crushed in the next elvish confrontation. Take with you the 'Purple Cup of Liúnár' and let him know that we will release it to him if the pro elves manage to draw with us again. Insist on the fact that our rematch happen straight away, before the silly servants get themselves maimed further by the chaos villians that are headed to our fair city.

Further, tell him to pass on to his teammate in shame Black Mamba that a smashed collar bone is not an excuse to miss work in the servatude of his Master's. He is expected to report as usual Monday morning.

_M

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Wolf, don't fear the grandmaster's rage. You have done well and led the part of his guard, that is to be Graveshade's second Blood Bowl team, to victory. Our soldiers did well on keeping the vampires and their thralls at bay or even in the dugout. However, the team's lack of capability to handle the ball puzzles me. I will give it some thought as the wights don't seem to fulfill the task as expected.

Be assured that I stand between you and Ebon Xanic. No punishment shall cause harm to our team. Go on training them. They'll be tested again soon: Our master has stated that we are supposed to follow his entourage to the city called Ryder's Cove, and so it be.

Our exploration of Orymm finally begins.

-- U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of Graveshade

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 15:42
FUMBBL Staff

"It's true I tell ye!" grumbled the old man sitting on the steps of the Black Rose, as some of the younger sailors laughed and poked fun at him as they drank.

"Bah, you young 'uns." He continued. He only had 3 teeth, and whistled and spat as he spoke. His long white beard matted with stale beer. "Use'r be a day folks like me'd command some re'spec. Green uns like yous would sit an lissen an learn a fing or two."

"Frogs?" One of the younger sailors stood as he addressed the old captain.

"I tells ye, Frogs, swears it on me three good teeth. Frogs big enough to swallow a man. Up in th' north somewhere. Non o yous dare go that far now though doos ya. Y'sall like a drink an float an pretend ya sailors but ye wunner leave the cove non os ya"

"Calm down grandad" One of the younger revellers shouted, and was met with whoops and laughs. The old man got up and left, mumbling to himself as he wandered home...
 Jump to: