27 coaches online • Server time: 06:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A new season starts, and some fun is had. Sons of Brutus vs TF Buff Rowdy Pro as Heck at conference level: Match Report or Launch Replay.
Azure

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
A new season starts, and some fun is had. Sons of Brutus vs TF Buff Rowdy Pro as Heck at conference level: Match Report or Launch Replay.

You killed me!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:

You killed me!

And earned a Image in the process.

Not that I took any pleasure from killing you. Honest. Would this face lie to you? Wink

Oh, and congrats on taking out the premiership in season 14.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Score Update

First update of the season and... What? Only one team with more than one game played in the Premiership! Shocked
Come on, where are all the human coaches? Mad
We said that one should be one of the more greatest season ever! Mad

A bit more action in the Conference, where the Childhood Favourites took an early lead.

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 16 points (3/0/4)
2. [B]oxing at 11 - 4 points (1/0/0)
3. Vault Tec Squad - 4 points (1/0/0)

First three Conference positions:
1. Childhood Favourites - 41 points (8/3/3)
2. Big Bang Raiders - 30 points (6/2/2)
3. Sons of Dorn - 24 points (3/4/4)

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Sons of Brutus had a flurry of games to prep for the FC which explains the number of games on the board for them this early in the season. I suspect an exit either this next game or the one after, which will free us up to pursue another Brawl title.

We are also yet to build a legendary lineman or Ogre. I've come to a new level of appreciation for our humble linemen, and have growing reservations about the number of positional players at our disposal. So the time may be right to pursue this project. It promises to be even more head scratching than entering the FC with less than 4 Blitzers and should keep me entertained well past the 400 game threshold.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo why did you enter with only 4 bliters? Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Sooo why did you enter with only 3 blitzers? Surprised

Well defensive formations can only protect 4-5 players from a 1st turn hit. If you're running 4 blitzers, an Ogre, a Thrower and a Catcher, then 2 or more of them will be exposed if you want/need to field them all. And then on attack how many of these positionals will need to perform screening duties once the drive gets going?

An unskilled or block lino is just as effective at screening duties and is cheaper to replace when it gets cpombed into retirement.

Also, once developed the Blitzer is naturally a hammer, and how many hammers do we need?
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Overhamsteren wrote:

Well defensive formations can only protect 4-5 players from a 1st turn hit. If you're running 4 blitzers, an Ogre, a Thrower and a Catcher, then 2 or more of them will be exposed if you want/need to field them all. And then on attack how many of these positionals will need to perform screening duties once the drive gets going?

An unskilled or block lino is just as effective at screening duties and is cheaper to replace when it gets cpombed into retirement.

Also, once developed the Blitzer is naturally a hammer, and how many hammers do we need?

You know that I strongly disagree, right?
In my book the blitzers are the hammer, the screw and the nails, too. Four of them always on the pitch and protected together with the thrower, the catcher(s) only play on offense and the Ogre is always exposed to a T1 blitz.
But I see your point and I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2013 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They are definitely some versatile hammers. Surprised

But I am also one of those guys who have 190k of skills on the bench when playing defense so it's easy protecting 4 blitzers. Smile

Trying out a rookie catcher on defense to try and capitalize more if I ever get the ball loose.

Aval

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just start humans to play under Human Premiership. But i do not catch how to start that "challenge"? How my games will be considered?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=752753
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Aval .. you just have to play, the script will follow your results without you having to do anything. Just remember that only games played over 1601TV count towards conference and you can follow your position (on both divisions) on the standings buttons on the group page: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7383
Aval

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas, thanks!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PacoSillas wrote:
Just remember that only games played under 1601TV count towards conference

Smile

The list updates several times per day so you should be on it soon Aval. Smile

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/sprint.html?sprintId=99

Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2013 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
Dunenzed wrote:
Overhamsteren wrote:

You know that I strongly disagree, right?
In my book the blitzers are the hammer, the screw and the nails, too. Four of them always on the pitch and protected together with the thrower, the catcher(s) only play on offense and the Ogre is always exposed to a T1 blitz.
But I see your point and I'm curious to see how it turns out.

I prefer to have a blitzer than a lino just for the extra ma.

I experiment myself with all positionals on team (2thrower, 4 blitzers, 1 ogre and 3 catchers) and i like that, my only problem is the setup in defense, not enough lineman.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
Qaz, we moved to Season 15, you know? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Anyway, even if you beat the Overseer of the Vault, I root for Cron breaking the 100 CAS barrier!

Woops moving it here then Embarassed

The road for success for a human blitzer seems given as the two top human bashers have exactly the same build. What has changed thou is that Cron has overtaken Superintendente Vicente as the top active human blocker in the box. How long thou can Cron keep it going with his old battle wond a smashed hip?

All time top human box blocker is still Bomber

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: