46 coaches online • Server time: 18:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post 6 Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 11:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I am not doing this. I do not know of any coaches doing this. I am not saying this should be done, i am saying it could be done.

Curing the Box.

Surely you could theoretically, with the new buddy controls and sub headings, create a list of 'buddys in the box'. Consisting of anyone notably spamming clawpomb, and then simply not activate if any are online and not IG. As the buddy list indicates both of these, should be a fairly simple thing to do.

But if enough people did it, surely it would have some impact. They would either have to all clawpomb each other endlessly, change, or quit.

I'm just saying. In theory like. That could work.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have said it before, but this is again a topic about box. There is a way to fix the box without interfering with the client, and the basic rules:

"1 Fan factor is equal to 20k of TV instead of 10k for blackbox matchmaking purposes."

It means that winning teams and old teams get higher Team Value than as of now. It also means if somebody wants to minmax, then needs to retire team, and build a new one. So even in the worst case scenario, the killer combos will be pushed to higher TV ranges, and there will be less of them anyway. Furthermore there will be no exploitation of rookie teams, as TV will prohibit for a well developed team to be matched with 1000 TV-d team.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Surely you could theoretically, with the new buddy controls and sub headings, create a list of 'buddys in the box'. Consisting of anyone notably spamming clawpomb, and then simply not activate if any are online and not IG. As the buddy list indicates both of these, should be a fairly simple thing to do.

OR, you could activate when they're online and NOT in game, i.e. try to get a game with them and then foul the PO-players until they die. Twisted Evil
Igvy

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of people playing the never activate game. That one doesn't work so well.

There are more coaches you'd need to list then you'd think. Like a lot more, no time for that.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer will not make any changes that decrease the chances of getting a game remember. Box is doing well numbers wise. I'm still in favor of a shadow run dictatorship in box and if he thinks you are min maxing he will warn you followed by team retirement if you continue to abuse the system.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you only take the very few who are the really sociopath [B] coaches you'll be just fine. I'm willing to bet there's not much more than a dozen people like smallman and Kenthis around.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rock, Paper, Scissors. Similar to SWL/WIL.

You can only activate a team from one group if you have played at least say 30% of your games with teams from each of the other two.

So, no more than 40% bash

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the heading should be 'breaking the box'.

One of the issues around the box is, if less people activate then match-ups start to fail. If people start to fail in getting match-ups they will stop activating and play elsewhere, the numbers then dwindle and suddenly, no-one is getting matched and no games are getting played.

If you do go ahead with it though, you should include my name on the list, as I have a Claw/MB team. Although, I must warn you that I am often online reading the forums and not always playing / looking for a game Razz
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Christer will not make any changes that decrease the chances of getting a game remember. Box is doing well numbers wise. I'm still in favor of a shadow run dictatorship in box and if he thinks you are min maxing he will warn you followed by team retirement if you continue to abuse the system.

Can you give me an example when it prohibits it? As far as I see if there are 4 coaches, then it will match them anyway, but the rookie team gets significant inducement money.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just disallow retiring healthy players. Stat drop or niggle fine otherwise play until dead.
That along with the journeymen abuse guidelines - ta da, min max mostly fixed.

Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

matchmake by CR instead ov TV
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry I may have miss understood. So you are actually talking about changing the rules then? making things (FF) cost different Tvs? This will not happen either because it is house ruling of the core rules.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I am not proposing that. I am just saying that BLACKBOX, and blackbox only calculates an adjusted TV, where FF is added twice. I don't propose to change the rules, nor the TV, I just propose a slightly different formula for blackbox matchmaking only. It has nothing to do with any other division.

Edit: Maybe you are right - I also proposa additional inducement money in Blackbox and blackbox only based on adjusted TV.

Last edited by bghandras on %b %28, %2013 - %12:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Bobs wrote:
Just disallow retiring healthy players. Stat drop or niggle fine otherwise play until dead.
That along with the journeymen abuse guidelines - ta da, min max mostly fixed.

Well, that wouldn't affect my teams, as I never sack healthy players

Roland wrote:
matchmake by CR instead ov TV

That was tried once before and got 2 responses. 1) Some high CR coaches stopped playing box and 2) Other coaches had 2 teams, a crap team for laughs (and to drop CR) and a good team for serious play.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2013 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yup I understand that you just mean for blackbox, but then does the increased cost of FF actually mean the other team could get more inducement money?