63 coaches online • Server time: 20:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
DrPoods wrote:
Overhamsteren wrote:
DrPoods wrote:
I can't get a game with my team at all! 3 days now!! Sad

Sounds weird. How many times have you activated and do you activate any other teams at the same time that get the games instead of your humans?

Well, I have been busy so it's been about 4 times a day. In order to get them going they are the only side I activate. I suppose it is timing. There never seem to be a great deal of coaches activating at the same time.

hey mate, it is pretty dead in the box from 2pm-8pm australian time. best times i have found is early morning or after 8.30pm for us aussies Smile

Yep. I have tried a few times in that window but will keep trying! Can't wait to get started!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
massive game coming up in the crown of sand. KRUELTY v VTS!
2 human warriors of the box duking it out. let the fans know when kickoff is!

Will do!

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

NORDLAND SEA EAGLES IN STUNNING DEBUT!!

Just now, the Nordland Sea Eagles played their first ever game in the 'Box and both the Sea Eagles and I were looking for our first ever wins in the Box Division.

Well! What a stunner! We killed a Marauder in turn 1 and then we broke through and our Thrower (Hans Eiken) slunk around the end zone while we systematically removed opposition players to the KO box. We did this for 7 turns and were able to go into half time 1-0 up with a 11-8 man advantage for the 2nd half.

A kick close to the line allowed us to flood the ball with players while setting up 2D blocks on the Marauders and Nik Raserei took the ball into the corner. After we got them down 5 players he walked into the end zone and the rout was on! After an attempt by the Pact to pull the ball into a knot of players including an Ogre and Minotaur, he attempted a dodge and fell over dropping the ball.

A couple of blocks later plus a nice blitz and the hand-off to Heinrich Drang led to the Sea Eagles putting a third TD on the board.

So. 1st game in the Human Conference.
1st win (3-0)
2 Pact killed!!

Gerhard Heidlitz got two CAS and the MVP. He skilled up and I took Guard for him. I know that Mighty Blow would probably get him to another skill faster but I reckon that a sprinkling of guard can only be to our advantage.

Also, with our winnings I bought an Apothecary leaving 60k for a new player after our next game if all goes well. Should we buy a catcher?

What do you all think?

Sorry for the really long post, but I am delighted!
Nordland Sea Eagles 3-0 Scroutchy

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz man. Great way to start, killing two future clawpombers while they are still pieces of useless garbage. Fight on, and keep the reports coming!

UPDATE: The Kruelty vs. Vault Tec is set for 21:00 server time this coming Thursday. If the average roll of the dice is a 3 or more it should be a great game!

Image VS Image

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Gratz man. Great way to start, killing two future clawpombers while they are still pieces of useless garbage. Fight on, and keep the reports coming!

UPDATE: The Kruelty vs. Vault Tec is set for 21:00 server time this coming Thursday. If the average roll of the dice is a 3 or more it should be a great game!

Image VS Image

Cheers mate! One was a Journeyman though Wink

As a novice Human coach, what would a team development recommendation be to buy next? A 4th reroll? Or a 12th player? I am leaning towards buying a catcher to use when we are attacking but I am looking for a little advice...
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

Image VS Image

Minor amendment, the game is scheduled for thursday 22:00 server time.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
As a novice Human coach, what would a team development recommendation be to buy next? A 4th reroll? Or a 12th player? I am leaning towards buying a catcher to use when we are attacking but I am looking for a little advice...

A catcher and 12 players would be nice but there is no reason to go up too much in TV until you have some guard and a mighty blow+tackle blitzer.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. So stockpile some cash then. Build up stats of players I have and then start expanding?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As humans, you will often be down players. The ability of humans to use their speed and run around the enemy is greatly increased by removing just a few enemy players. Even more so when down men yourself. Sometimes just one enemy off the pitch makes a big difference. In this regard, Mighty blow, (followed closly by piling on) is one of the key human skills.

Once you get a POMB player, and can protect him properly, it will cause quite a few opponents to play a less agressive defense, as they are careful to protect their star players. With out a POMB player, quite often the enemy will just immediatly surround you, expecting your lineman blocks and dodges to fail, which, lets face it, they do. Then you either score right away or lose the ball. Neither is ideal.

So Guard is great, and eventually vital, but PO-MB will make some open space and give catchers somewhere to run to.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Well, I was thinking of the following. This is in order of how they get their first skills.

Blitzer 1 - Guard (done)
Blitzer 2 - MB
Blitzer 3 - Guard
Blitzer 4 - Tackle/MB.

I just want to get some guard in the lineup quickly. The ones with Guard to (maybe) take Tackle next. Not sure.

One thing is that I reckon I will be taking stat upgrades as they come.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks OK. Doubles = dodge, unless it's your first MB player, in which case I'd take Jump-Up.

Tackle is good after guard, as you will need to win every single game against elves and skaven, underworld, etc. and you need tackle for that.

I'd take kick on the first lineman, to win against dwarves and khemri, etc.

Next 2 blitzers MB-PO-Tackle
4th blitzer-> Guard (and/or something fun, like Frenzy)

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks mate!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

@ the_murker

Do you mind if i copy your WoC posts in the WoC thread?
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Be my guest, sir.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordland Sea Eagles (mini-update)

Wow. Had two horrible games tonight. Fumbles everywhere (My Thrower now has 5 fumbles in the last two games). Silly GFI decisions leading to trips. Ouchies.

Still, got to get prepared for the next sprint. Hopefully Nuffle can be a bit kinder to me! GO THE HUMANS!

Jump to: