13 coaches online • Server time: 02:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What stats? The stats that say people activate in box? People would activate if it were just flings, gobos, and underworld. MORE people would activate in box if it were just gobos, flings and underworld! That's the £5 donation I'll wager.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Lmao this is brilliant.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a short example of what a skill-count based system would accomplish:

smallman's smallkosp, who have 11 players with an overall 23 (!) skills and no rerolls at a TV of 1210k (sic!) would no longer be paired against teams with just 2-3 games under their belt but would have to face teams such as RandomOracle's Chuck Versus Blood Bowl (11 players with 23 skills, 3 rerolls, TV 1710k).

Seems pretty reasonable to me.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure RO would like it lol. This looks like it would punish old teams even more.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Without looking at the 'STATS' as so many of you like to do, I would think that the popularity of clawPOMB is largely due to the increased BLOOD...you know, as in BLOOD BOWL? I sometimes wonder if a lot of you fools lose track of what we are actually playing here.....

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought we were playing fantasy football nowadays? Wink
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of coaches here want to play their own personal 'lose no players' version of BB Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium, I find your avatar very relaxing to look at !!!

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/UnNews:Study:_Looking_at_breasts_makes_men_live_longer
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:

smallman's smallkosp, who have 11 players with an overall 23 (!) skills and no rerolls at a TV of 1210k (sic!) would no longer be paired against teams with just 2-3 games under their belt but would have to face teams such as RandomOracle's Chuck Versus Blood Bowl (11 players with 23 skills, 3 rerolls, TV 1710k).

Last smallkosp game was vs 4 games old DE team, and they lost 2-0 (killed 1 elf in process)... So why exactly this match was bad?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And last Chuck game they lost 2-0 to Khemri and got beaten up.
The only conclusion we can draw is that clawpomb is underpowered!

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
And last Chuck game they lost 2-0 to Khemri and got beaten up.
The only conclusion we can draw is that clawpomb is underpowered!

Yay, it was me!
Probably because Chuck vs BB has only one clawpomber
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Unnerf ClawPOMB2014!

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's odd to me that no one is suggesting to take cpomb away here, just changing the way matches get scheduled to remove one of the more stupid exploits available to douchers.

And yet...

the lame meme crowd is all up in arms about it.

I have no idea why, it doesn't affect your ability to spam cpomb as much as you want and act like a retard while doing it. All it does is remove some of the ease with which the box min/max low TV pickers can practice their perversion.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:

And what would smallman do with his team if this new system were ever put in place? He'd trim them down to 800 TV and 5 skills. Then he would have a clawpomb stack AND 200 TV of inducements vs newish teams with 5 (or so) skills (as it would never be a like for like skill number match - it would have to be a range).

My point here is that any system will be gamed.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2013 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm… rather than trying to come up with a new metric, why not pair a new existing metric in with TV? Say, add the highest player rank x20k and the sum* of the next four x5k, or something like that.

Keeping our purpose clear, I think the main problem with CRP is the fact that TV for stacking improvements is additive, while on the pitch there's a force multiplier, and the thing that keeps me out of Box is the fact that straight-TV matching exacerbates this. That's what I'm motivated to address, because that's what would get me in.

* Since this is a formula and you don't need someone to sit there and do the math, these can be weighted in lots of different ways. You'd reduce perversity by making the relationship exponential, like 10k x the square root of the sum of (rank+1)^2 for the 2nd to 5th highest ranked players. You could replace the 10k in that formula with a variable, and reduce the potential for gaming even further.