29 coaches online • Server time: 06:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Box scheduler changes are out here are my thoughts.

1)Pile On is a skill that only Big Guys (St5/6, on the starting profile)can get.

2)Jugger is a skill that only Big Guys can get.

3)Grab is a skill that only Big Guys can get.

Thus you boost the value of the Big guys since they are the only ones who can access the Pile On, jugger and grab skills.

The nerf would then be if you want the killer stack you have to take a big guy on your roster.

1)High TV cost for those coaches who advocate never taking a Big Guy...ironically that would be Chaos, CD, Pact and Nurgle.
2)You have to pass racial negatives to use it.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Since Box scheduler changes are out here are my thoughts.

1)Pile On is a skill that only Big Guys (St5/6, on the starting profile)can get.

2)Jugger is a skill that only Big Guys can get.

3)Grab is a skill that only Big Guys can get.

Thus you boost the value of the Big guys since they are the only ones who can access the Pile On, jugger and grab skills.

The nerf would then be if you want the killer stack you have to take a big guy on your roster.

1)High TV cost for those coaches who advocate never taking a Big Guy...ironically that would be Chaos, CD, Pact and Nurgle.
2)You have to pass racial negatives to use it.

On 2 - This is mostly the case anyway
On 3 - So skaven and other frenzy big guys get no access to Grab?
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMB: Skills don't stack.
Piling on: Usable only if the strength of the attacker is higher than the strength of the defender before modifiers.

This should be relatively easy to implement as an option in the client. Also, in terms of numbers (C)POMB is not much worse, but its availability is highly reduced - the old Claw/RSC vs. CPOMB debate is the key. Limiting PO to big guys is a bit excessive in my opinion, ST4+ players without Mighty Blow and with low MV/AG are hard enough to skill up. Also this keeps CPOMB viable for high TV Chaos/Nurgle teams while getting rid of low TV CD and Pact cheese, so Dwarves and Orcs don't become the new B bashers.

And maybe some day...
Fouling: Bring back the eye, make DP +0/+2, keep SG as it is + the eye doesn't switch when armor is not broken.
To compensate for the CPOMB nerf: Bring Multiple Block and Break Tackle back to their old glory.
Galiu

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave blackbox as is.
Start a new division same as blackbox except:

Piling On: Allow only on armour roll, give bonus for any ST diff between prey and predator. Ogre should be able to pile on a goblin with +3 roll reasonably right Smile
Claw: cannot combine with PO, this will help Orcs and Dwarfs compete better at the bashing game for which they cannot otherwise.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C has been very clear that no solution is viable if it reduces the number of games played (or matches possible, or however you'd like to word it). Any solution that involves creating another division would surely hurt the box quite a bit. If 1/4 of coaches went and activated there instead than that one would be mostly a flop and many draws in the box would also not work at all.

There will be no additional divisions considered unless the number of games goes way way up from what it is now.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Start small, see if that solves the perceived problem before going big.

o MB does not stack w/ PO, MB does not modify Claw injuries*.

o MB & Claw do not affect failed blocks against a player w/ either/both skills.

(* Optional: ~IF~ the armour would have broken without Claw, then MB does modify the injury - as I suggested above, small changes to start.)

This will reduce the incentive to use ClawPomb as a substitute for tactics without making it meaningless. If, after time, Clawpomb remains as THE dominant skill combo, then - and only then - take stronger measures later.

Macabeo wrote:
Fouling: Bring back the eye...

+1, great equalizer for foul/non-foul teams.

Maybe not as it was - perhaps a cumulative +/-1 modifier as more fouls are committed? Altho' it did seem to work fine, and more than one coach had no problem making multiple fouls in a row back then.

Also possibly reset at half time.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents. Probably has some flaws and I would like to know what they are.

Match based on the number of skills a team has earned. A one skill wardancer would be worth a one skill line-o in matchmaking terms. It would encourage people to take positional players and teams like the all line-o amazons would face more equatable competition.

Rookies above 11 count as 2 skills unless they are on stunty teams in which case they count as one skill.

For matching purposes, I may have a reroll count for 2 skills.

Inducements would work as normal so teams with more line-o would get a break.

Wonder what other thoughts on this are.

By the way, I love the changes you made thus far Christer
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2013 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

change the flat TV value of skills to progressive

first skill 10 TV
second 20 TV
sixth 60 TV

This would encourage more balanced builds and reduce the impact of divas on the game.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

leave the main divisions as they are, they are fine and get a good number of games. Give the L division a load of love so we can have custom roster leagues, loads of customisation with pitches icons etc.... and we already have alternate rules to play with. Also allowing us to use a match maker like the box uses in an open League in L division would be cool too using just the teams that are in a group to draw teams from.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2013 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Not have Black Box be a separate division. Change all Black Box teams to Ranked. Have the Black Box scheduler instead as an additional option on the Ranked Game Finder for those of us that will gladly accept a match from an unknown assigned opponent. Eliminate the TV restrictions, if there is an even number of teams there is no reason that people shouldn't get a match.

I agree with discussions on what to change about FUMBBL related issues but not changing the game itself. It is suppose to be about playing Blood Bowl and I think it should always follow the current rules.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2013 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Combine B & R, have BB matching as an option for scheduling. Keep this pure CRP as a set and finalised rule-set. (simple)

A second division, Make changes as per the other thread first/anything else already in the client as an option as/if more is felt needed (simple).

Keep the rankings for each separate.

I don't think there's the playerbase to have three divisions.

Then in the second division. LRB7/NTBB/Fumbbl, begin developing fumbbl rules, changes can be made here. (Fumbbl focus group/rule committee for the development of the game?) Incremental at first (as per the other thread suggestions on the table). How sweeping these changes are can be an open question for later. (LRB6+/7/NTBB or full-on new teams, re-evaluating rules, moving to d8 or d20 based system....)

(happy mrt1212? Wink)

Last edited by member1234 on %b %20, %2013 - %21:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
roante

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2013 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the box a perfect place Note that I usually play Tier 3 teams, mostly Gobbos, under 1600 TV.

My only issue is that low TV teams don't really get paired up. See a recent thread here on the forums about a 800-something Vampire team. I have a 'fling team with TV 700-something TV too. I always activated it but so far I haven't got even a single match with them (and I made them months ago).

Another issue I have is that 'flings and gobbos get paired up with teams with similar TVs, so their most useful tactical elements, the Chef and Bribes are outlined. So a bigger chance to get paired up with higher TV teams would be awesome for these teams.
ruzgar

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2013 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a Box player, but as PO seems to be the problem would it not work to change it like Juggernaut, i.e. working only on Blitz actions where the blocker has some momentum anyway? Wouldn't have to be Big Guy only as it would be limited to one successful blitz per turn.

Would make the CPOMB players need to think a little more, no?
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2013 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I have just 1, which is to make PO rerolls available for AV rolls only, for all divisions.

Most of the suggestions I see will reduce attrition levels too far.

+1
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2013 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Injuries caused by a player who has used the piling on reroll are automatically BH. (Just like, for example, injuries done to a stunty player on a 9.) This retains the competitive balance while reducing CPOMB teams' ability to cause attrition.
 Jump to: