42 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulander wrote:
So you see Loner as fluff? I see Bonehead, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, Wild Animal, Take Root and Bloodlust as fluff rules with a balancing function. I see Loner as a pure balance rule that is way too drastic, making these players liabilities instead of assets. It comes from the inexplicable CRP S5 paranoia that also made the Ogre team even more of a joke. Rolling Eyes

Eh? I thought that Big Guy was even worse!

Fabulander wrote:

Repricing is one way to go, but I still think it's missing the problem. I'd rather remove Loner and make them more expensive, but then have 11 actual players on the pitch. But This is really getting off topic. Smile

The reason I don't take big guys is that claw cuts right through em and the POMB finishes them off.

(Gotta get some CPOMB whining in to stay on topic. Wink )

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

how about a more leftfield idea -
You cannot have more than 2 of the same skill in the same team.

Starting skills are not counted, only skills earned, Big Guys and stunties are exempt from this rule.

would deal with pretty much everything in one swoop.

Last edited by Garion on %b %31, %2015 - %14:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
how about a more left field idea -

Starting skills are not counted, only skills earned, Big Guys and stunties are exempt from this rule.

Dwarfs...

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

what about dwarves? sure they have a lot of block but they could only take 2 guard, which would hurt them HUGELY, even more than CPOMBing a dwarf in the face Razz

same for zons, they could only get 2 more blodge, though I would still rather they were deleted.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

It's a nice idea for a league.

But IMO it would generally favour lower TV ball which is not where the problem is.

My main whining is about higher TV Box which is pretty specific. Outside of that it doesn't really need anything too drastic.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:

But IMO it would generally favour lower TV ball which is not where the problem is.

My main whining is about higher TV Box which is pretty specific. Outside of that it doesn't really need anything too drastic.

How do you figure?

I honestly think it would fix most of the problems with CRP. It would massivley impact high TV as well. Only 2 killers in a team max for example. at low TV I doubt it would change much at all. teams tend not to have more than a couple of instances of the same skills at low to mid tv anyway.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:

Dwarfs...

Exactly what I thought! Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Carlo_Pellegatti wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:

Dwarfs...

think about it some more, having block doesn't make you auto win, the lack of guard would hurt them soooooo much more than any other team in the game. I actually think this change would seriously hurt dwarves.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Carlo_Pellegatti wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:

Dwarfs...

think about it some more, having block doesn't make you auto win, the lack of guard would hurt them soooooo much more than any other team in the game. I actually think this change would seriously hurt dwarves.

You are not considering the lack of guards for all, not just for them Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am considering it, I have thought about it quite a lot, 2 guards on each team,dwarves come off worse, the only reason they are good atm is because they spam guard and MB on every single player they have. At rookie level dwarves are at their worst, they are incredibly slow and not great at bashing. Having 2 mobile guard on every team vs 2 static guard on the dwarf team and the dwarves come off worse every time. their lack of Ma really impacts them badly. also what skills would you take with dwarf linemen now?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Just promoting min max though isn't it ?
2x Block,claw,mighty blow,piling on, jump up, tackle.
2x dp
1x +ag surehands dodge 2 heads
no other skills needed really.

One of the biggest beefs I have is retiring unhurt skilled players. Fair enough cpomb is a bit of click kill repeat, but theres always been an element of that in BB, it just makes it (sometimes) much more effective and less fun.

I really like the idea of a "Peaked" roll. 6,16,31 skills no roll.
51 2+ 76 3+ 176 4+ rolls to continue skilling would change the landscape a little and make legends rarer again.
Or bring back a toned down form of aging at superstar and legend 2+ 3+ to avoid a niggle. cpomb legend with 2 niggles laying down isn't so safe anymore and would make coaches consider retiring the top end player rather than the 1 skill TV sink.

Even combine the 2 ideas.

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of ageing in some form as well Bobs, but there is zero chance of that ever returning in any form, people hated that off field rolls basically retired players.

Skill limiting to 2 a piece may promote min maxing in a sense, but I think it also promotes building more abstract players, like throwers, pass blockers, players with more of the lesser taken skills.

Wizard would need to be made more expensive mind, 200 or more. maybe Babes change back into Smelling Salts of lrb4 and make it 150TV for a 2+ roll to bring back kos.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Eh? I thought that Big Guy was even worse!

The reason I don't take big guys is that claw cuts right through em and the POMB finishes them off.

(Gotta get some CPOMB whining in to stay on topic. Wink )

Gods, you're right. I'd forgotten all about that LRB4 side effect making them even crappyer. Silly me. Embarassed The S5 paranoia was mostly directed at the Ogre team and Khemri, I guess.

Anyhow - and this is probably just me as a mostly TT player - I find that the possibility of getting big guys hurt is less critical than them being so unreliable as to be largely useless.

I think their negatraits are flavourful and useful to keep them from being too powerful, but stunting their access to re-rolls just makes them something less than real players. As a result, people don't use them, or only use them 'passively', and I really think that's sad for such colourful players who should be bringing something special to the team.

And, yes, this is getting far off topic. Thanks for correcting me, I'll stop with the Big Guys now. Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I am considering it, I have thought about it quite a lot, 2 guards on each team,dwarves come off worse, the only reason they are good atm is because they spam guard and MB on every single player they have. At rookie level dwarves are at their worst, they are incredibly slow and not great at bashing. Having 2 mobile guard on every team vs 2 static guard on the dwarf team and the dwarves come off worse every time. their lack of Ma really impacts them badly. also what skills would you take with dwarf linemen now?

At rookie level Dwarfs still do great in TT tourneys. I think you are under estimating how much everyone else would hurt not having Block! But having said that the 2 Legend Chaos team looks pretty strong haha.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:

How do you figure?

I honestly think it would fix most of the problems with CRP. It would massivley impact high TV as well. Only 2 killers in a team max for example. at low TV I doubt it would change much at all. teams tend not to have more than a couple of instances of the same skills at low to mid tv anyway.

What I mean is that people who prefer higher TV ball probably wouldn't want to play in a league that implemented this rule. Wink

Higher TV teams would generally be weaker than they are now so why bother going to higher TV?

Elves can't blodge up? chaos get two block * 2 wrestle.

This just sounds like "fix the CPOMB problem by resetting your team after 15-30 games".

Jump to: