47 coaches online • Server time: 19:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Also without wishing to sound arsey, if you are going to go back and change your posts; you need to note the sources for the ideas. Remember Cursed Company was my idea, and for changes offered; there are a lot of 'I's.

I have edited my post, giving credit where it is due.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the credit. I think you've pretty much nailed it, but have two reservations. 1) I'm not sold on the gutter runner, maybe consider a more generic skaven. 2) Might be too many positionals, you can make a team with no linemen at all. I know some teams, such as orcs, can do this, but in general I don't agree with it. The lineorc is a great player and never gets used.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
Thanks for the credit. I think you've pretty much nailed it, but have two reservations. 1) I'm not sold on the gutter runner, maybe consider a more generic skaven. 2) Might be too many positionals, you can make a team with no linemen at all. I know some teams, such as orcs, can do this, but in general I don't agree with it. The lineorc is a great player and never gets used.

I know I am on the edge of how many positionals a team can have, but I have not breached the "seven positional" limit.

While you could, in theory, have an 11 player team without any linemen, I do not think that would be wise, since that would require you to field the goblins. Even with regen, six armor does not make for a long lived player. Also, 2 agility makes dodging a very risky business.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Still needs work imo. I personally wouldn't have an ogre for starters or a rat. In fact I would probably base the players in the list entirely on those that came in the box of models or as close as possible. . I can't check right now, I'm on a phone but iirc. This would work out as 0-16 human skeletons, 0-4 orc, skeletons, 0-2 dwarf, 0-2 Saurii, 0-1 goblin.

I can't remember a rat or elf in the unit but could be wrong, it's been years since I saw them. Personally I like the collection idea where killed players are raised on your team with the usual deductions for becoming a skeleton, fouling is ineffective on the whole anyway and with little to no s access in the team I think it would be fairly weak.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Still needs work imo. I personally wouldn't have an ogre for starters or a rat. In fact I would probably base the players in the list entirely on those that came in the box of models or as close as possible. . I can't check right now, I'm on a phone but iirc. This would work out as 0-16 human skeletons, 0-4 orc, skeletons, 0-2 dwarf, 0-2 Saurii, 0-1 goblin.

I can't remember a rat or elf in the unit but could be wrong, it's been years since I saw them. Personally I like the collection idea where killed players are raised on your team with the usual deductions for becoming a skeleton, fouling is ineffective on the whole anyway and with little to no s access in the team I think it would be fairly weak.

I edited the team again as per your suggestions. I axed the gutters and ogre. I kept the High Elf throwers because the model does have a high elf standard barrier, and I wanted the team to some agility three to be usable. The team does have six players with strength access, but it is really slow and the low armor across the board will not survive long in a meat grinder.

However, I did reintroduce the "gain killed players on your team as skeleton versions."
 Jump to: