63 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
6,6 on a Block Snotling Troll
+ST - don't dare to deny nuffle again!
51%
 51%  [ 22 ]
Tackle - smash all stunties!
32%
 32%  [ 14 ]
Pro - Boost that IQ!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Other Double - maybe AG1 Leap FTW?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
S'not my Pie
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Folks,

My troll from this snotling team rolled his second 6,6 in his first two rolls and I have the usual +ST vs General skill conundrum. I know we have almost done this topic to death in standard bloodbowl but couldn't see this topic applied to Stunty Leeg, where I feel the environment changes the debate a little.

For the first 6,6 I weighed up the options and went for boring block: it's too useful a skill and I felt that as this guy is mostly getting 3db anyway the extra +ST is not as critical. Now that he has the safety of block the debate is tougher.

I like the +ST for making him into a big guy hitter/container but still leaning towards either tackle (for stunty smooshing and trapping) or pro for helping deal with the dumbness and a bonus of 50% rrs on blocks.

What's the general feeling from the Stunty Community? Feel free to remind me how I could have had an awesome ST7 troll by now Sad
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro, and especially so if(?) you ever use him for TTM,

Pro is identical to a Team RR on a Loner, but you can use it each and every turn at no opportunity cost to try. Really Stupid less often (and only 37.5% if he has no babysitter), try to RR those Pushes (or Skulls) or the failed BT - and the TTM rolls. Money (half the time). Wink

St 6 = 3d vs. St 2 with no assist, and that's nice, but it's not hard to get an assist and I think all around Pro would yield more.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 3 points to make.

Firstly MB, Block, Tackle is a lethal combination in Stunty; too lethal. I do not take this combination myself as I feel it's broken and when playing; I'll decide whether or not to play teams that have this combo. On big guys with a neg trait, I probably would. However if a team has more than one.....nah forget it. The game becomes too 1 dimensional and revolves around these players taking out as many players as possible to win the game. I like my stunty games to more than 1 layer.

Point 2 is how safe is a big guy with block? I have an ST 6 blodge krox. He isn't that safe at all! At high TV 95% of my games are against Chaos Halflings, Cheaterz or Tzeentch (I do like playing Tzeentch though!). All these teams have the ammunition to take out a big guy no matter what he has (block/dodge/+ST). So he's not very safe no matter what skill you put on him.

My last point is, there are a lot of ST5 players in stunty. Most teams have 2 or even 3 or even ST 6 players. So ST 6 is used a lot more than you are predicting it would be used.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take ST, Tackle is the sensible option.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up. Since he has block, you can take PO next for him, then having JU is going to really important.

Definitely Jump Up.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

+ST deffo
and make him the ball carrier ;0
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's going to be ball carrier then give him Pro. It'll help out in loads of situations, half the time.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

How many st5+ guys in stunty have tackle? I would think dodge would be a sensible option especially once you get break tackle.....

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
How many st5+ guys in stunty have tackle?

All the ones that already took block on the first doubles. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming it is 3D block against blodgers, I think pro is better than tackle. I mean they are comparable on a straight up block, but factoring the fact it helps against bonehead, and it has more uses, I would rather take pro than tackle on a big guy, even in stunty.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

More useful than locking down dodgers or making stunty dodgers dodge through multiple tackle tacklezones? Also my gut feeling is that tackle is better on a straight up block. I haven't looked at the stats on that though.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There are, of course, other factors, but you might want to look at how many S games the Pro supporters have actually played. And note that selfy74 recommended it "if" the troll was to be a ballcarrier. Jump Up isn't bad, but Tackle is awesome.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle in my view. +ST is golden on those who can take Tents but bar that I'd ignore it, as awesome as a S7 BG is! With so many low ST players and weapons around, both the defensive and offense bonus of ST is reduced.

Blackle Pro BGs are just insane as well and that's should be the goal/ideal on most.

Even if the ST might come in handy against other BGs, a blackle MB guy should be looking to mow down the opposing little ones. Once they're off the pitch the other BGs are useless (scoring wise, for the most part) and easy pickings anyway.

Thats my thinking. Smile
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And I only went with ball carrier because Paddy Mick suggested it. I've no idea if m0gw41 uses him as a carrier or not. The only experience I have with Trolls and the ball is that of the accidental kind. Of course, in the hitting role, you'd have to go with Tackle. Having said that I tend to agree with HM on Blockle big guys. I have a blockle +str squig and it does tend to get all a bit one-dimensional.

Perhaps Jump-Up is the happy medium.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
There are, of course, other factors, but you might want to look at how many S games the Pro supporters have actually played... Tackle is awesome.

xnoelx and HM have MUCH more experience in the Stunty arena than myself. I'd listen to them.

Ignore Pro suggestion, take Tackle or +St.

GL!

(Tackle also works passively, on defense - just marking most stunty players turn them into Ag 3 self-destructing machines on a roll of 1 or 2.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: