34 coaches online • Server time: 09:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Elan ain't dropping out... he may just be swapping his QPool team around... the Chaosium suck ar$e dude!

* Disclaimer: At no times is a assistant commish's views reflect the views of the SWL League, its Commissioner or the views of sane people in general. *
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

When I posted the Wonders record stat for td's per game it was over their division history. I didn't count any of the qpool matches during my team's conception where it was more a matter of 'screw winning, lets keep our guys alive and get as many spp's as we can for our guys!' Maybe our ever-looming Commish could shed some light on this issue? ...or at least slide to the side so his shadow isn't in the way! :p
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oz, your post gaME WRITE UP ABOUT YOUR TEAM ARE JUST PLAIN SCARY.....oops caps came on. um yeh, channel BB, think Footy Show, Talking Football, Tens Sports programme all that sort of thing wrapped up into one thing. Thats Channel BB. Also hopefully with a cooking programmme thrown in called Surprise Meat! if i can keep the creativity going.

Adverts etc are great! i loved what i found there this afternoon, its supposed to be Fluff!!! and we need it. The fluff from here i will be migrating across under the heading of that was the season that was and cut and pasting you guys great stuff in as i go. Other than the adverts if people wnt to add a report or something just put your self into sensationalist sports reporter type mode, chuck a few quotes from the lads in and post it. I usually find its best if you can URl the game result or the player or team being reported on just so people can get the gist of what being talked about etc.

If i am feeling out of sorts and can't come up wuth a great story i will post a throw to the reporters in the field and then just run with iti f you want and throw back to the anchor desk at the end of the story.

The goal of Channel BB is to get people reading and following the leagues progress and hopefully if they are Aussies and NZ or possibly japanese etc, basically same time zone they will join up because they hope to see theyre tema in print so to speak. If your unsure if its Channel BB worthy post it in the season thread here and i will migrate it across or if i catch youon tell you to ok.

I mainly just hope you guys enjoy it and we can keep the fluff running.

if you have a story idea pm me or catc me in mirc and ask me to run with it or provide the info and i will do what i can. I have some limitations mainly i aint no real life journo so not totally sure what i am doing here and would appreciate tips.

Remember, SWL's Channel BB! is all about exciting news and features and write from thsat point of view and ir will be. Scandals, allegations of bribery, collusion and match fixing should all abound, as should tales of derring do and downright nastyness.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
A few questions...

Mostly yes I think. We might make a seperate thread again for Match Reports and just use this thread for my announcements and all your confused/ing debates and arguments.
Channel BB should be kept as clean as is possible with only official broadcasts being posted. Kano's in charge so just ask him )or else just post something, as he can't really do anything about it at the end of the day) Wink

Team Records are whatever you make them. Spread the word and I'll paste your glory all over the SWL!!
At present, the records posted are for total over ALL games. If you want everyone to remember how you waded in blood for the whole of season 4, so be it! Sounds like a worthy record to me!
Sharkboy, you're a cheaty!

Ahhh, I see Kano has responded already. Goodo then! Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

/me cries in Shame

Well, that drops my td's per game to 2.69 per game if you count my days of hunger and starvation in the qpool. I think the previous holder had me up on that if they want to step forward. Still, my first 'season' averaging 4td's per game isn't too bad for a rookie debut! Go Wonders!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the final match of Div3 for Season 4 went out with a whimper rather than a bang, as with nuffle putting a particularly evil curse on Chrode's Tenebrae, I-House were able to score a fairly easy 3-1 victory.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Season 5 Update - What's doin?</b>

Season 5's QPool will be run as per normal with only each coach's second string team... Each coach is only allowed <b>one team</b> in the QPool with the exception of <b>Mr Whippy's Donut Boys</b> who are the leagues perenial globetrotters. The QPool will be on the SWL Mainpage so if you do not accept your invite, you will not be taking part.

All the new coaches who signed up to date as a result of our snazzy marketing campaign, will be in a division of their own (Div 5). One or two of them may go straight to Div 4 due to the loss of <b>poodleman and whitey</b> and we will select those teams on the basis of TR/ST and league racial balance.

<b>Div 5</b> will be for all the new coaches remaining. Because we will, by Murphy's Law, not have an exact number of 5 new coaches, Div 5 will be a 5 game Swiss Format.

SWL Management therefore invites all the new coaches to submit a new team as their 2nd string team to run in Seasons 5 QPool whilst your main team runs in Div5. In addition, if anyone wishes to retire their QPool team, please feel free to do so and resubmit a new LRB compliant Div[U] team to the SWL Main Page.

This morning I also reset the QPool as I was getting bombareded with "whispers" in the chat last night about games not being uploaded... this reset will fix all those problems with the added advantage that you can now play everyone again. The Max10 points system has been carried through though...

Changes are also looming for the QPool itself... we are considering making it "competitive" with a points system (5-2-1) and unlimited in the number of games you can play... HOWEVER... a TR cap of 150 will be in operation at all times! That way most teams will be on a par and games will be plentiful and the championship competitive. It will operate on an honour system, so you should reject game offers from any coach trying to get a game with a TR150+ team.

The added benefit is that we will not see super teams coming through the lower divisions and that the teams in the TR200+ in the Premier League will truly be the best teams in Oceania.

* * All of the above info is as it stands now and SWL Management Inc reserves the right to change this in the future.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like some good changes, I think the competive <TR150 system for qpool would be ideal. Looking forward to my first SWL season! Thanks to everyone who's played my orcs so far in qpool, I've been taught some valuable lessons....
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For those that watch these sort of shows...I will be appearing on The Glasshouse next friday June 18 at 10:30pm on your ABC. Have a look in just to see what I look like in a ponytail Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

heya oz, bump a reminder of this next week so us humies with 'bonehead' don't accidentally roll a 1 and forget! Thanks Smile
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

THE PUDDLE IS COMING!!!

Next season the puddle will become part of the SWL, much like the qpool and the main compeition.

AFter the completion of the current season, each coach in the swl will have the option of moving over a team from the existing puddle, or creating a new tr 100 stunty with race restrictions applying.

The divisions will be competitive and there will be one game a week, the same as the normal swl competition so we wont get out of step.

The scoring system will be the same as the current one to encourage people to ever greater heights of chaos, blood and mayhem.

FOR NOW

if you have 1 team in the qpuddle - PLAY YOUR GODDAMN GAMES

if you have 2 teams in the qpuddle - MSG ME WHICH ONE YOU WANT ME TO DROP SO SOME TEAMS CAN GET EXPERIENCE

if you have 0 teams - MAKE A TR 100 STUNTY TEAM (preferably one of the new races) AND APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE QPUDDLE

we will mvoe teams over in about a week, so get in all the games you can because the division you get transfer into will be taken from the ranking points at the end of the season - if you have played less games, you will be in a lower grade and it will take you longer to be crowned KING OF THE PUDDLE

any questions, ask me in the channel!
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

and another quick thing

dont fret if you cant a game before the div starts, most of the teams in the bottom div will be tr 100, so it wont be a massive problem.

Also, if you have a team in the puddle already and want to replace them with a tr 100 team, you are more than welcome to do that, just make the team, apply for membership and tell me u want them changed...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay troops. Season 4 is now officially over.

Rennigeb and PLATYPUS haven't played or messaged me and their match has been forfeited as a double loss.
Dark Lord and myself were supposed to play tonight, but I was half an hour late and am forced to forfeit myself.

Here're the FINAL POSITIONS for next season!!

<b>PREMIER LEAGUE</b>
1. Zen Adepts
2. Corporate Fraud Chain Gang
3. Adelaide Anvils
4. Maniac Mammalians (who will now playoff for relegation with Creepers)
5. Archfiends of Atrocity (who will now playoff for relegation with Prince Reagents)
6. Blue Mountain Dragons

<b>DIVISION 1</b>
1. Carlton United
2. Prince Reagents (who will now Playoff for Promotion with Archfiends of Atrocity)
3. Creepers (who will now Playoff for Promotion with Maniac Mammalians)
4. Slumbering Skink
5. Gumbeast United
6. Bright Lights

<b>DIVISION 2</b>
1. Black Crowes
2. I-House
3. Tenebrae
4. Lords of War
5. WarLizards
6. Southside Stone Smashers

<b>DIVISION 3</b>
1. HFC
2. Iridine Gladiators
3. Tiperary Trasheaters
4. Kano's Black Tide
5. Sewer Pipe Dream
6. Western Sydney Wonders

<b>DIVISION 4</b>
1. Calen Caretakers
2. Dastardly Dorfs
3. Fyord Frollikars
4. Blackfist's Bloodrunes
5. Paddington Priests
6. Rodentvision

<b>DIVISION 5</b>
1. AdMinisters of Funk
2. Valiesian Horde
3. Brouhaha
4. Perth Gory
5. Creepy People
6. Fresh is Better

<b>DIVISION 6?</b>
1. Elven Dodgers
1. Quod's Vermin
2. Dark Ryders of Dragonseer

These are the teams we have so far... all wishing to enter must accept their invite to the SWL by Sunday and let Clay or myself know.
If we end up with exactly 6 teams, we'll play it Round Robin, otherwise it will be a 5 round Swiss Division.

All Playoffs are now up and running and I will wait until they are finished before starting any of the divisions for now. Give everyone time to <b>accept those invites!!</b> Hope to get them done in the next couple of days as there aren't many of them really, only 2 games...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...

Last edited by Twahn on %b %13, %2004 - %13:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Elan

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

<b> Chaosium Ad Nauseum are Knackered <B>

Following reciept of a decent offer from Joekano's Knackery, which only cost the team owners 25c, the worst luck team in the league has been rendered down to glue ... too many niggles, too few fans and negative cash flow have killed this team off. Damn shame, but there you have it!

<b> Chaosium Ad Infinitum! <b>
A new chaos dwarf team has been started in the qualifying pool, hoping to capture the support of disheartened glue-sniffing Chaosium Ad Nauseum fans - with a new set of young slaves and indentured slaves, as well as a complete new training program (flails instead of whips) the owners of this new team are having another shot .... good luck - you will need it!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And it's on! The big grudge match of season 5 will be the all human affair between Carlton United and I-House, two of the most brutalised teams in SWL!