63 coaches online • Server time: 20:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
backelie

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

In L: the option to add an MNG to any player(s) of your choosing in the pre-/postgame phase.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

backelie wrote:
In L: the option to add an MNG to any player(s) of your choosing in the pre-/postgame phase.

I'm not quite sure of the application of what you suggested specifically, but I've added it to the list as Ability for admins to edit injury information. This would allow for rewards like sponges/potions.. maybe even scrolls!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think adjusting MNGs, etc, is good. Allows custom rules, like multiple game MNGs, etc. Alo, you can more easily remove MNGs from teams at the end of a season to show rest after the off season.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

remove the dreaded coach ranking state in the Gamefinder.
IMHO we can completely remove it, as everyone is able to falsify his CR by doing easy/difficult games. eg. i can play some games with halflings in B and lower my CR so i could get games again. vice versa i can cherry pick like hell to raise my CR.
so where is the point showing it in the GF? if a coach is really so interested in not playing an assumed better opponent he can still look his stats up on his coach site.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
IMHO we can completely remove it, as everyone is able to falsify his CR by doing easy/difficult games. eg. i can play some games with halflings in B and lower my CR so i could get games again. vice versa i can cherry pick like hell to raise my CR.
so where is the point showing it in the GF? if a coach is really so interested in not playing an assumed better opponent he can still look his stats up on his coach site.

+1

CR is completely meaningless

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
hebus

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Zacharias

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, thx for this wonderfull site Christer!

A editable friendslist, at least the possibility of removing a player from it would be great, or am i just to dumb to find it?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:

A editable friendslist, at least the possibility of removing a player from it would be great, or am i just to dumb to find it?

You can unfriend people by going to their page, and clicking on 'unfriend' under the "More" menu-item.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:

I would like CR to only be affected by tournaments. This would give meaning to the CR as you cant pick (R) or min-max (B) to increase it. It would also mean that for those that care the only way you can increase your rating is to enter tournaments which would then hopefully increase entries, so win win.
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

You can unfriend people by going to their page, and clicking on 'unfriend' under the "More" menu-item.

And you have a 'Manage ftiends' option y the 'More' tab of your Home, that allows to sort them in groups and stuff.
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

skinnydookie wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

I would like CR to only be affected by tournaments. This would give meaning to the CR as you cant pick (R) or min-max (B) to increase it. It would also mean that for those that care the only way you can increase your rating is to enter tournaments which would then hopefully increase entries, so win win.

You can do all those evil things to prep the teams for tournaments though, still I like the idea.

+1
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

skinnydookie wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

Best suggestion for a way to make CR meaningful I've heard. Nice idea dude.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CR formula used to have a tournament bonus, but it was removed afaik

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
skinnidookie wrote:

Best suggestion for a way to make CR meaningful I've heard. Nice idea dude.

In the beginning Christer created two divisions. One was called Ranked and the other Unranked.
The people swarmed to Ranked because they wanted to be ranked. But a few people did not want to be ranked and they asked: Why is nobody here in Unranked to play against us?
"Come to us.", we have plenty people, the Ranked players responded.
And so the Unranked players went to ranked, but they were unhappy for every game was indeed ranked, when all they wanted was a nice game.
Soon they became unruly and demanded that the ranking was removed from Ranked.
So the benevolent Christer went and replaced it with funny titles that would make everyone sound better than they actually were. So he wen't to the unteachables and called them 'rookies'. Then he went to the rookies and called them 'veterans'. Then he went to experienced players who hadn't learned anything or were only playing stunty and called them "stars".
Then he went to everyone else and called them Super Stars. And all those who still were comlaining he then called 'Legends'.

But the Unranked players were still unhappy. Because Christer had taken Unraked away because no one was playing in it anymore. So the benevolent leader told them instead to go to League but they refused and instead demanded only for tournaments to be Ranked, for they did not want to play tournaments as they were in fact Unranked coaches.

But this is not the end of the fairy-tale. What will happen next? Will the Unranked coaches have their way? Or will they continue to suffer?

Find out on the Fumbbl forums in 2015!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only found one match in the "new" gamefinder. It was in [L]eague. A nice match vs a cool coach.

Come to [L]eague people!!!!

Jump to: