51 coaches online • Server time: 13:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aflo

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I do quite like those skilled linemen of yours Timetis, relatively difficult to get them there and no one else is trying to so it definately adds to the character of your team.

I've played around with dauntless as a 3rd skill on +ag linemen and loved it, using them as ball hunters with wrestle...but I was routinely pleased the impact they had on the line.

In terms of pure win% you might be slightly better off sacking them and going for min-maxed blitzer skill stacks that generally gives the most bang for its buck (TV), but it would be a shame if you did.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Aflo on keeping them. The team you have built has a really unique charm about it and I think dauntless is underrated as a skill, especially in the box environment where the most popular races bring plenty of strength.

I used to adhere to the theory of sacking injuries, but these days I happier to carry a few non critical perms. -Ma is the least offensive of the perms for those linemen.

Join the Human League Premiership!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

Vault Tec Squad and Blitzkrieg Brigade already reached the semifinal in the human CoS qualifier.
Will Human Rage and Inglorius Followers dispatch that pesky pointed-ears for a full house?
In the meanwhile, the legendary Bayernhoff Bengals are quietly taking the lead in both the Premiership and the Conference.

First three Premiership positions:
1. Bayernhoff Bengals - 34 points (6/4/1)
2. Hacienda Heights Drifters - 25 points (4/3/3)
3. Average Mediocrity - 24 points (4/2/4)

First three Conference positions:
1. Bayernhoff Bengals - 49 points (9/6/1)
2. Knights of the Box Republic - 37 points (6/3/7)
3. Hacienda Heights Drifters - 29 points (6/1/3)

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it is, thanks for the comments!
mike467

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gentlemen, sorry to hijack your thread but i won't take long, I am reliably informed by Koadah that you are the finest Human coaches on the site that is why I need your help, if any of you have any desire to play some league games in a cpomb nerfed environment bring em along to the OLC I hope to seize all 3 titles back to the realms of humans and bring back the days when teams such as the Reikland Reavers ruled the roost. Who knows there could even be enough great coaches to coordinate this across multiple leagues in addition to the great work you already do with the Human Premiership. Thanks for your time guys, keep fighting the good fight.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm maxed out on time myself, but gl with it mike467.

In other news, last night saw a glorious double victory for humanity! We lucked a crazy win over the WMDs, and bashed them down in the process after being almost pitch cleared in the first half. But, thanks to some quality "strategic" whine to get the good dices flowing, a hilarious upset ensued. Bill took it like a champ, which is good considering how much he dishes it out. Wink

Then activating again we were "pleased" to be a near 500 TV underdog vs stboub's Genetic Derivation, but thanks to an amazing wizard and Nuffle's blessing we triumphed again!

What is more amazing to me is that there was so little long term damage from these matchups. So far it is still the pounding that we took from our human mirror with Äkta Människor that has proved most painful this season.

Strength and Honor!

P.S. Does anyone have a link or know the bbcode to make the HLP/HLC banners smaller on a bio?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:

P.S. Does anyone have a link or know the bbcode to make the HLP/HLC banners smaller on a bio?

You can use mine:Image or Image.
I had to create a couple in order to use them in toggle buttons.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good fortunes, happygrue!

My own Challenged Contenders have been getting the other end of the stick, after a loss to the WMD's they were unable to do anything versus a mirror.

Afterwards we faced a not-so-scary chaos team who took out anyone with a skill within 5 turns and cleared my 14 man deep squad by the end of the game. No serious damage done, but both very frustating games (Damnit nuffle).
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes! That's more like what I was expecting to happen to me last night. It's fortunate for me that you are sucking up all the destruction and allowing me to skate by on the smooth ice. Keep up the good work! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

another elf team booted out of the human qualifier Very Happy
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
another elf team booted out of the human qualifier Very Happy

And the VTS got rid of the last one in a 24 turns marathon. So the human qualifier is secured.
Let us know when the other semi-final will be on!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

step 1 complete in the CoS! gratz fellow human coach's
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The semi is on for Friday 22.00.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
The semi is on for Friday 22.00.

Arrgh, it seems I'll miss it since I'm out for dinner. Mad
Oh well, I will check the replay when I will be back home, can you please PM the link to the replay so I get no spoilers looking for it? Smile

Jump to: