38 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which of the two ideas is better?
Erengrad Premier League
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Battleground
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oh, my, another failed PainState League to suffer from in the forums
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Pie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Style makes the fight

That was the driving concept that I used when I formed up the Khemri Premier League over a year ago. 4 races that are equally matched, some races might be stronger at lower TV and others will rise up at higher TV but the races are matched up really nice for a good ole fashion fight.

So I cannot wait any longer for the league conversion, I have been itching to release my 2nd of 3 league ideas that I have had. KPL is entering its 5th season this fall and has been a huge success.

I want some feed back from you guys on what you think would be the better of the 2 ideas I have.

Here we go.
Idea #1
Erengrad Premier League

Norse, Chaos Pact, Sisters of Chaos (Amazon) and Human are battling it out for domination of Norsca and beyond.

The league would have the fluff of the Chaos borderland on the edge of the waste. Once again we would use the dual conference system of North America and Europe. Would use a draft system to make rosters unique and so forth before each season with a draft of new players. Very similar in design of the KPL.

The four races are evenly matched in term of style and all of them have strengths and weakness against each other. Very interesting styles that would compete against each other.

Idea #2

Battleground

Once again far to the north in the Chaos Waste the Battleground has once again reopened to find champions of Chaos. Lord Primex over sees the Blood Bowl Battleground and has called forth his summons.
4 Teams have heard his call and march, relentlessly to the north to join in on the Battleground.

Chaos, Nurgle, Chaos Pact and Chaos Dwarf will meet on the Battleground for glory and fame and some good ole fashion mutations from the dark lords themselves.

For this league instead of a draft each of the teams will receive warp tokens as gifts from the Chaos Lords based on their performance on the pitch. After each season each coach can spend his warp tokens to grant his players mutations or extraordinary powers or even find some relics, weapons of a by gone Blood Bowl age.

So in this league idea the 4 races are evenly matched, they all have mutation access. Now do you take mutations on skill ups or wait to use your warp tokens to get your mutations and use those skill up slots for skills?

Alternate idea: None of the teams can select mutations on skill ups. They can only gain mutations at the end of each season by using their warp tokens to purchase them.

Just like in KPL we will be using spiked balls, global events that effect the season and some optional rules.

What I really want to know is which of the two leagues seems more interesting and fun. All the fluff and optional rules and all that will come out later.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would play in the Erengrad Premier League. Sounds like fun.

bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Enraged is more fun to me. What are the drafting rules? I cant compile it.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd consider joining the league of Erengrad.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play in the EPL
EPL seems like a more durable and sustainable league.

Battleground seems like a bloodbath waiting to happen as all teams eventually become ClawPOMB monstrosities. If you run it, might I suggest at least 1 ClawPOMB nerf so that teams can expect a remote shot at longevity?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it seems like Erengrad Premier League is the clear choice right now.

Battleground would probably be better if it was a monthly KO tournament style league that caters to L teams sitting around and coaches looking to jump in and jump out on a monthly basis.