25 coaches online • Server time: 02:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the change.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well all i can say is the results will speak for themselves with the new rule changes.
At least the admin team is trying to spice things up with trialling a change to the system.
If it works, it will stay, if it doesn't then some more tweaks are needed.
But one thing I can say is, that at least we are not stuck in the same old vanilla cycle.
Change may lead to coaches leaving but also it may attract more coaches or encourage coaches who thought of parking to stay on a season or two more.
From past experience, i was on the cusp of making Premier many times and it became a real drain on me mentally. I managed to keep trying and finally make it to the big time and nearly won it all in my first season in the highest tier(coming a close second to a very good wood elf coach in erikekers).
The following season i didn't fair as well as i was well and truly mentally exhausted and it showed in my gameplay.
With the new system, coaches may find a renewed vigor to take that one shot to win it all and if they fall short, well at least they had the chance, instead of getting stuck in a rut whilst grinding away to try and get a shot with the old system.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooooo.... How dem divisions looking? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

LIX Rep squads up in Channel BB

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just letting you guys know, the link from the league page to this forum seems to be broken, says this doesn't exist.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
Just letting you guys know, the link from the league page to this forum seems to be broken, says this doesn't exist.

Thanks Smeg. Should be fixed now.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible for the list of Twahnlow winners to be updated on the group page? It's showing Grod as league champion still, as well as ancient winners of the individual awards.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Is it possible for the list of Twahnlow winners to be updated on the group page? It's showing Grod as league champion still, as well as ancient winners of the individual awards.

Yes, it's a work in progress. We're looking at ways to expedite the update process, but at this point it's a case of laborious bbcode sifting and entering the correct data.

Also, correction: Grod is shown as the champ of the PREVIOUS season to last, as Barre is the current champ as reflected in the banner at the top of the page (ie, Barre isn't a 'past' champ yet)

PS: if you'd checked about 3 days ago, it would have shown the Skink as the most recent past champs, so we are updating things slowly Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to my division; have a few games to skill my Nurgle Warriors with block before I have to take on that Khemri team....

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Season Preview post up on page 1

Post 14 Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Season Preview post up on page 1

Great work, Tomay.

If coaches would like to know more about what makes Tomay tick, check out his interview with Slam Hatrick on HARD KNOCKS in the Channel BB thread:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2851&start=735

Cool
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god, not the kiss of death again... at least you didn't pick me to finish first I guess.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is the first season in a long time Tomay hasn't predicted me winning anything. This is vitally important, because in maybe 5ish seasons of that happening, I've only won a conference title (I think)! My record the three seasons (inc. two in Prem) before his touch of death was something like 17/3/1 or possibly even 18/2/1! Also, I respectfully disagree at the poised to make a run analysis, as 1650k TV with a journeyman included isn't exactly encouraging (though apparently a lot of the teams in the division are also hovering at that tv). Finally, I wish I was put in the Harlequin's conference instead, just because of our history with them (they were the lone loss referred to above... though I promptly crushed them the very next season in the opener!). Oh well, tribal's humies it is!

Also, I've been giving this new rule change a bit more thought lately. A lot of the people happy with the change like it because it'll open up Prem to more people, and that's definitely fine if that's intended. I'm just wondering though, that the season before last, I very nearly (playoff nearly) stumbled into Prem, and under the new rules, would have automatically been promoted. My team was an absolute joke in terms of its state (and it showed that I had virtually no tools to take on a High Elf team with solid, but unspectacular skill rolls). Even if it weren't for my brain farts, I just didn't have the utility (last season again demonstrated that... teams I've never ever lost to or conceeded more than 1 TD to in like 8 attempts were running circles around me). That would have been a Prem team under this new rule, and that kind of scares me when I compare it to the kind of team I used to have/need to even compete at that level in the first place (it is Premier afterall).

So let that sink in for a bit. A team that achieved mid table mediocrity in Conference this very last season, a Chaos team which ended on a NEGATIVE casualty differential, one that's starting the new season at 1650k TV with a journeyman, would have instead played last season in Prem under the new rules. Myself and the team couldn't cut it in conference last season on any level, but would have played it in Prem if this ruling was instituted a little earlier. :O
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair Daudy, neither of us really wanted to be promoted into Premier that season, neither team was in great condition and we just kind of stumbled our way to that playoff game. All I could manage was 6th place, which is actually my best finish in Premier. Likely you would have finished in a similar position and be on the way back to conference.

Not really sure how I feel about the rule myself, will make it easier to get out of Conference, but damn near impossible to stay in Premier.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My predictions are up, page 1.
 Jump to: