24 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So the new structure now means that conferences are treated identically to Prem - first 2 in all groups go to prem and 3-8 go to conf. Mixes it up certainly! Anyway does new parking rule mean I can bring back my Dwarves after all for the following season?

Oscar Wilde
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
So the new structure now means that conferences are treated identically to Prem - first 2 in all groups go to prem and 3-8 go to conf. Mixes it up certainly! Anyway does new parking rule mean I can bring back my Dwarves after all for the following season?

Yes.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod, I believe parking still just allows you to not play in SWL for a while, not change teams then come back to a previous team.

Would be happy to hear otherwise though.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule change: it's a tweak that might mean an even more dynamic Premiership.

You can almost call it a play-off for the winners and runner-ups from last season's top 4 divisions. A Champions League of sorts.

It is clearly possible to list both hopeful positives and fear imagined negatives at this point, but until we are a couple of seasons in this will simply remain speculation.

It will be interesting to see how the changes pan out.

/two cents

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %09, %2015 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyra_Nid wrote:
Grod, I believe parking still just allows you to not play in SWL for a while, not change teams then come back to a previous team.

Would be happy to hear otherwise though.

This is correct. Parking a team now lasts for up to 4 seasons. If you redraft in the meantime, that is your new SWL team. No backsies.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt change teams. I just had 2 seasons off.

Luohghcra wrote:
Grod wrote:

Yes.

Oscar Wilde
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't understand why that would be a restriction anyway past "that's how it's done here".
BeefyGoodness

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So are we right to go? (start organising games?) or are we still checking the draw is final?

Go the Count!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Horrors vs Whalekillers
Wednesday 5pm

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Dlock

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Thanks for the predictions and other fluff writers, I always find it fun to read that stuff even if I dont really contribute myself.

Now, let Nurgle bless my dice like he did in so many games last season...

- D
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My predictions are up.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
To be fair Daudy, neither of us really wanted to be promoted into Premier that season, neither team was in great condition and we just kind of stumbled our way to that playoff game. All I could manage was 6th place, which is actually my best finish in Premier. Likely you would have finished in a similar position and be on the way back to conference.

Not really sure how I feel about the rule myself, will make it easier to get out of Conference, but damn near impossible to stay in Premier.

Exactly, but under new rules we'd both have been promoted and teams like the Skinks would have been demoted. I'm not sure whether that represents the best of the best to the same extent. +PSA - Skinks (in their current states + current coaching) makes last season's Prem weaker imo. I'm pretty sure the only reason we even played a playoff game was because Grod (the reigning champ) parked, so none of that would have even happened under the old rules in normal circumstances.

Also, even if I didn't forget about what turn it was until it was too late, I was still a number of dice rolls away from being able to even tie the game. It was a very big if in my mind to even get the tie (nevermind then win overtime/coinflip) particularly since you still had almost all of your team. You played well, even with half a team of journeymen, and took advantage of what you had to. That's basically it. I don't think I would have even won a game in Prem, if I'm being honest (although I would have definitely tried... which is why rebuilding PSA is going so slowly).

But anyway, new era, it'll be interesting for sure. Good writeups from both S & T too. Definitely my favourite part of each season's thread (you could say it peaks early).
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lolvenom wrote:
My predictions are up.

Really? Interesting to hear your picks for the Ogres season.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dazedmw wrote:
lolvenom wrote:
My predictions are up.

Really? Interesting to hear your picks for the Ogres season.

Where?

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2015 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wings of the Condor vs Large Head-On Colliders

Thursday 8pm Sydney

(Hopefully)
 Jump to: