22 coaches online • Server time: 07:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

All too often I sit on game finder for more than 30 minutes offering games and having none accepted. Finally I get tired of it and go activate for some bash box.

I suggest a blast from the past. I suggest that those of us who feel like this is the case make a pledge to one another. A minor pledge that we will not only put teams on game finder, but that we will open IRC so that we can easily chat with one another and try to get games. I have looked in the chat room several times but daily traffic there is pitiful.

It is simple click on this link.
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.fumbbl.com&channel=%23fumbbl

Bookmark it. Then pop it open before you put your teams on game finder.

If you would like to support this movement please signify your agreement below.

I plan to open a portion of my friend list and label it IRC so that I can know who has agreed to this and offer matches accordingly.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep joining FUMBBL channel when I'm drunk. When I'm sober, it's too depressing and I'm not high enough to talk to myself. It's a shame, really. IRC used to be such a cool place...

EDIT - I think the main problem is most of the new players don't join IRC. Most of them don't even know what it is. What about adding a "join IRC" badge to the site's header, linking to IRC help page?

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see what all the gloom is for? For example the #swl and #metabox channels are bigger than ever. And the circus that used to be put on in #fumbbl has moved on, and the clowns have now left.

Fumbbl on IRC is maybe better than it has been for 3-4 years.

Everyone that left can safely come back now (even the clowns, if they insist).

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Sammler_der_Seelen

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I learned the Joy of using irc with the Old Java Applet ,now i use hydra ( a friend of me has setup it for me And anytime i have to update my System its simple copy to the new System ). Im Not Bad with Computers but Wasnt able setup a simple irc Client on my own:-(
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, the main problem is that new people join it, no one talks at all, then they don't join again.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried multiple times to run irc or hydra or some other one to no avail... If someone wants to remote in and getter goin for a donation you'd be more than welcome.
Floi

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
I've tried multiple times to run irc or hydra or some other one to no avail... If someone wants to remote in and getter goin for a donation you'd be more than welcome.

wait, what, no, please! this should be solvable without letting a stranger into your machine! :O I'm not familiar with Hydra, but if you wanna PM me what you've tried, I could try to help.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I use hexchat and am always in #metabox but let's be honest here - irc is a generation behind the times. It's great for us 30 somethings who have used it for 20 years but...

Also, name the channel #grieffinder
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
I don't see what all the gloom is for? For example the #swl and #metabox channels are bigger than ever. And the circus that used to be put on in #fumbbl has moved on, and the clowns have now left.

Fumbbl on IRC is maybe better than it has been for 3-4 years.

Everyone that left can safely come back now (even the clowns, if they insist).

If the clowns came back you would be stuck with the same old problem.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I try to stay positive Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:

I try to stay positive Smile

There is maybe such a thing as too positive. Wink

OK. I'm looking at the chat log now.

A guy logs on. Asks a question.
He gets no immediate response and logs off again within 6 minutes.

I don't think young people have the patience for this kind of thing. Wink

Though I suppose in the old days he would at least have got an "RTFM" Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

kutte wrote:
huff wrote:

wait, what, no, please! this should be solvable without letting a stranger into your machine! :O I'm not familiar with Hydra, but if you wanna PM me what you've tried, I could try to help.

I'll try on my new device and let you know, maybe it was something wonky with my old laptop, some firewall ect.

And we are talking about Fumbbl community here, I don't really consider yall strangers.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 16:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, the site is now linking to Mibbit rather than the very bad java irc applet:

https://fumbbl.com/chat.php

While this is functional, I very much recommend installing a proper IRC client. It can be a bit daunting to set one up initially, but once you get past that it's a much better experience.
 Jump to: