43 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the general times for each of the timezones? (approximately!)
Just so I know which timezone to get beat up in!!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I should think that 'general' times for playing in each group would be evenings. Obviously these are general buckets, but I'd guesstimate we're looking at:

Europe ~ 18:00-00:00 BB Time
NA ~ - 7-9 hours from that
Aus~ + 7-9 hours from that.

Aim at whatever band you fit best in?

This post has popped us onto a new page, just incase we miss anyone: team creation and application is now GO GO GO! Smile
Boggo_le_gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I couldn't save the skill settings as I created my goblin team... ?

Team "Les Cafards"
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks fine to me, all skills saved.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For what it's worth, 0300-0600 bbtime would be "NA prime time". 0300 is 9 PM on the East coast, but only 6 on the west coast. As we get to 0600 bbtime then it's midnight for East coasters but only 9 PM in the West.

Thus server time 0300-0600 tends to be the ballpark range. I'd say a bit earlier but others might say a bit later depending on where they are.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Good input. I was doing a bit of guesswork. Smile
Boggo_le_gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Looks fine to me, all skills saved.

Ok, thanks.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just accepted the first batch of applications to the group! 58 so far with 9 teams formed (and not yet all applied). Not a bad start!

I will be giving the teams a cursory check over the weekend, but it is up to each coach to ensure his team / skills are right. In the event something is wrong (e.g. no skills saved, 10 k not spent) and I miss it / you don't reply to my PM if I spot it, you're stuck until at best game 2, at worst the whole tournament. You have been warned! Smile

Keep the applications coming, I'll accept another batch before the weekend. As well as being annoying with more advertising. Smile
Heff

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just tried to apply but my laptop will not allow me to save the skills and when I bin out to try again it will not let me back to that page. Is it just user interface error (likely) or a problem with the site?
Heff

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2015 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Its me. Skill progression is to the far right but the save box is still greyed out.

Have now tried to apply for europe zone, Not sure if I have 3 times or not at all. An "Apply" button would help the incompetent aged you know
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2015 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Heff. You look to have skills sorted OK to me. You need to apply here for Europe. Good to have you aboard!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Friday!

Traditionally, sign ups to these tournaments tend to be weighted toward the last couple of days, so I expect an avalanche Sunday / Monday. I would remind, however, that I'm going to do some roster checking this weekend. If you're the type of Blood Bowler who can mess it up, I recommend you get your team in today!

More accepting with advertising later. Go, go, GO!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

All,

Not long to go now. Monday, at 22:00 server time, we beginning the World Cup Warm Up! Applications so far are healthy for this stage of the game, and we have 12 teams already signed up for the Team Challenge. Get yourself signed up NOW!

Remember: The World Cup Warm Up team creation link is the one you need to make those teams.

Coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Australasian timezones here. The tournament will kick off at 22:00 BB time next Monday, 17th August.

The WCWU features a team event, and if you need teammates, don't be shy, the matchmaking thread is for you. Got a team? Your captain needs to list it in the team scoring thread before go time.

I realise that this is more spam on a familiar theme, but this is my last rabble rousing, promise! Come join us, you know you want to! Very Happy
Kam

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

And the rules are here. Razz

(I couldn't find the link.)

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I love a helper! Smile
 Jump to: