66 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Very Steely Setup ...goto Post Is kicking first wit...goto Post UW Goblins - Disturb...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer



Joined: Aug 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 23:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've implemented another group related update:

The group list page has a new layout and also hides groups where none of the member teams have played in the last 30 days.

In terms of the logo image, it will only show for groups where the image is hosted on this site. Also, to show at full size, the image should be 960x109 pixels (although on this list it's shrunk down to 480 pixels wide at most).

I'm hoping this change will make it easier to find active groups. Let me know what you think Smile
akaRenton



Joined: Apr 15, 2008

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, I like that a lot!

_________________
Dirty Cranberries - All zombie funtimes

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer, is there any way of changing the listed founder of a group?

OBBA's founder has gone the way of children a few years ago, yet he is still listed and people might be sending him PMs for information.

Cheers,

Pyth

_________________
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

" hides groups where none of the member teams have played in the last 30 days.

The last game played in ANARCHRIST group was 2006. They are still shown tho.

_________________
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, any chance we could get Groups (such as ELF) separated out from Leagues? These are two quite different things.

Smile

_________________
Image
Image
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!
Woodstock



Joined: Dec 11, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 01:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
is there any way of changing the listed founder of a group?


Send me a PM or bug me on IRC
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

the founder is still the founder though? how about adding "commissioner: coach name" , or renaming "founder".
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Christer, is there any way of changing the listed founder of a group?

OBBA's founder has gone the way of children a few years ago, yet he is still listed and people might be sending him PMs for information.

Cheers,

Pyth


Same for Swedish League...
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I've implemented another group related update:

The group list page has a new layout and also hides groups where none of the member teams have played in the last 30 days.

In terms of the logo image, it will only show for groups where the image is hosted on this site. Also, to show at full size, the image should be 960x109 pixels (although on this list it's shrunk down to 480 pixels wide at most).

I'm hoping this change will make it easier to find active groups. Let me know what you think Smile


Awesome! Thanks a lot!
Purplegoo



Joined: Mar 23, 2006

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great!
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

0k, looks like some groups need their banner updated to fit this page.
Here's how I did it:

1. open up your banner in PS or whatever.
2. if height is above 109 pixles shrink down to 109.
3. expand image so that it is 960 pixles wide (don't stretch).
4. Use transparent background in the "expansion zones" or use the same color as the banner background (like I did for swedish league).

That looks a lot better on both on the group page and on the group list page.

here are a few examples:
Image
Image
Image

btw, Shraaaags NBBM banner looks ace!
Image
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The group list page has a new layout and also hides groups where none of the member teams have played in the last 30 days.


Why is "A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T." listed? seems like the latest game was in 2006?

EDIT: oh, wait. So you just have to be a member, not just play within the group?


Last edited by Roland on Sep 02, 2015 - 09:46; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo



Joined: Sep 27, 2006

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there merit in showing the name of the group in straight Roman letters, in addition to the banner? Most groups have a legible banner (once refitted) but there are a bunch that don't.

Also, I second the suggestion of separating Leagues from Meta Groups, if possible.

Keep up the good work! Smile
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Is there merit in showing the name of the group in straight Roman letters, in addition to the banner?

If the text gets in the way simply uncheck "Show Title" on the Edit Group Info page.

_________________
Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2008
Image
Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits