53 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
radge

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we all need to help each other out reminding our fellow coaches that we can't buy star players, can't retire players and can't say no to stat increases. Coaches who regularly play games here on Fumbbl probably do a lot of stuff without even thinking. I forgot to remind my opponent in my last game and even encouraged him to use the saw kill at least one goblin so that I can get a pogoer on the squad. =)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3729536

The Three Jarls shudder at the whiney cowardice of some coaches! What honour is to be found in pitiful crying and lamenting! The fate of the Gods is all! Face it with braver, not the snivelling of womenfolk!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

radge wrote:
I think we all need to help each other out reminding our fellow coaches that we can't buy star players, can't retire players and can't say no to stat increases. Coaches who regularly play games here on Fumbbl probably do a lot of stuff without even thinking. I forgot to remind my opponent in my last game and even encouraged him to use the saw kill at least one goblin so that I can get a pogoer on the squad. =)

did someone retire a player?

SHAME THEM!!!

SHAME them before the gods!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like how the league is going and great to see that others like it too. One of the things I like to do in a league is spectate other games. Without any knowledge when the games will be played this depends on me being accidentally online at the right time. So I would really like to ask the participating coaches to schedule their games on the site's scheduling system too, so other can see them in the upcoming matches section of the league.
In case you don't know how to do that:
On your overview when your team is scheduled against someone you see a small clock under your team. If you click on it you will have the option to propose a match time for your game. It is sent then to your opponent, who can agree or propose a different time. Of course it is the easiest to first schedule the game via PM and then just do the process above, so others can see when your game will be played.

Burn

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Just saw the result of the vampire vs goblin game. Great job goblins, but the reason I am writing this is that sadly some people have a hard time understanding the "No Star Players Allowed" rule.
Please if you participate in a league you should at least be aware of the rules. Even the commish addressed this problem in his last group post.

yes, my bad... if only there were an option to exclude them in the inducement window...

At the time of the game I had totally forgotten about the rule, but I have read them... Hopefully this will be a reminder to not do it again.

The team is prepared to take any consequences.

again, sry
brgds
- Pehr
radge

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

did someone retire a player?

SHAME THEM!!!

SHAME them before the gods!

Not to my knowledge! I'm just saying that if you horribly cripple a couple of your opponents players, it would be good to remind that coach that they can't be retired and should be proud having such magnificent battle scars.
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

"Kharon, my man! Now we're talking Blood Bowl. That was a game I liked to watch, even if it was raining cats and dogs all the time! But that's Trassel for you, always raining, always muddy, always bloody."
"Thanks, chief. It really was a bit bloody affair."
"Aye, good bashing! And a win for us to add insult to the injuries! Yes! Good show, I'm starting to believe it was a right choise to kidnap you to coach this team!"
"Bashing, yes. Too bad it was our lads that got the bashing. Three men sitting the next one out, including Helchon."
"Who cares? Bloody good show. Except that one idiot stabbing himself with the ball. What was that? Made me laugh, though."
"Accidents happen with that ball. With a regular ball it..."
"Regular schmegular! Learn to play like men and stop whining about the ball! And try to kill something in the next one! Those rats are supposed to be as squishy as our lads, so put the boots to work, will ya?"
"Yes, yes. Understood. Any special wishes about their ogre?"
"Ha, looks like you're learning the Vinnskor way. Kill it if you can, but please kill
something. Other chiefs are beginning to doubt that I'm in the sport just for the touchdowns."
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there actually any penalties for it? Perhaps there should be for retiring players and picking stars.

Had a double 6 myself after the last game and took the ST without any problem remembering. Not that people would turn down +ST on a Zombie very offten though Laughing

DLE College 7s
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we can be a bit lenient the first season. Sure everybody should have read and understood the rules, but sometimes in the heat of the moment, people can forget.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Another game goes wrong for the Order of the Snow King.
The orcs known as the Maniac Mermaids bring both the bashing and the passing.
First half they seemed bogged down, but nothing that a reroll-free blitz, a handful of GFIs, a pick-up and a pass couldn't fix. Second half they appeared on the edge of giving up an equaliser, but nothing some reroll-free one die blocks, a handful of GFIs and a one-die blitz couldn't sort out.
Was brilliantly played by Burnalot. He rolled the dice and they came up pow.
The Order picks up a perm, courtesy of the rowdy specs, and again fails to skill anyone. Onwards and downwards!
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

A very tense game for the orcs. Chaos dwarfs were really tough on defense, halting my advance. Got lucky I admit that I was able to score, but knightsweats seems to have watched a different game as I did.
"but nothing that a reroll-free blitz, a handful of GFIs, a pick-up and a pass couldn't fix. Second half they appeared on the edge of giving up an equaliser, but nothing some reroll-free one die blocks, a handful of GFIs and a one-die blitz couldn't sort out."
On the blitz to clear the ball from hobgoblin's tackle zone I had to spend a reroll. There was no pass to the scoring blitzer and he didn't have to go for it.
About stopping the equalizer: I got lucky with that one. But there was one 1d block with a blitzer on a hobgoblin with a blitzer. As this was my only chance to stop the score I had to dodge with a lineman and make 2 GFIs and make 2 GFIs with my thrower to get the ball carrier with 1d. Didn't think it would work, but got very lucky there. After that the chaos dwarfs kinda lost heart and with some lucky rolls I could score another one.
All in all a good game. Better luck next time!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact of the Nordic Chaos vs Sjoktraken Oilers (Elf) starting now
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a short message about Star Players.

After a discussion its been decided that in the NSL it's both coaches responsibility to make sure the "NO Star Players" rule is kept.

For example, if your opponent hires a star player by mistake, and you don't remember the rule, the Star Player in question somehow made it into the game. Tough luck.

Of course any exploitation of this rule will not be tolerated.

Repeat offences will also be treated differently, and may result in the coach being banned from the league.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Naglfari Vikings vs. Sjoktraken Oilers is currently on
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Order of the Snow King 2-0 Pact of the Nordic Chaos

The two teams at the bottom of the Kraken Sea division met to see if either could extend their winless streak. The Chaos Dwarves came in missing a blocker while the Chaos Pact were missing their dark elf. With not a single earned skill amongst any of the 23 players a lot would hinge on the behaviour of the Pact's three big fellas.

The Order received the kick and attempted to move upfield. The answer to how the big guys were going to do was not long in coming. The Chaos Troll, Ranok, opened the game with a perm on one of the bull centaurs. A snaked GFI by the Pact left an opening and the hobgobs moved the ball forward. Failed blocks on either side created "a stall by both downs" before Balmung went in for The Order's opening score.

Nine Pact took the field after half-time, facing ten of The Order. This was quickly remedied as the big guys went to work, taking out two in two turns. The Pact moved close to the sideline and eventually the ball went out of play. Yngvi recovered the throw-in for The Order and began to dream of tomorrow's headlines - Brave Hobgob earns first skill for The Order

A second cas from dodging ended any Pact hopes of stopping the little green runner. Before scoring the second The Order tried to get revenge for their damaged bull centaur by putting the boot in on Ranok, but to no effect. They will have to carry the grudge until these teams meet again. A great game, but Nuffle was not with the Pact today.
 Jump to: