39 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 09:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like the idea.

I think for it to work I'd limit underworld to only Troll and Goblins. UW Gobs have M access which is a great boost over normal Gobbos. The only problem is that inexplicably goblins on underworld teams are 0-12 instead of 0-16, so they'd be limited to 13 players. And I say this as someone who'd play UW if I took part. Allowing them S3 G access players would be a huge imbalance over time.

I like Gobs and Flings as they are, Ogres with 3 and Liz with a Krox. This way all teams would have only stunties and 1-3 bigs.

I wouldn't limit PO at all. In stunty it's fun, and only the bigs can get it normally anyway. Like the spiked ball and +1 fouling.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Balance-wise ...

Normal Goblin and Halfling teams already beat full Ogre squads quite comfortably. The Ogre team is completely terrible, and much worse with less Ogres.

Goblins are possibly a better team for not taking the Fanatic and Bomber, the full squad is pretty close to halflings in power, with flings pulling ahead slightly at higher TV thanks to better TTM for any +AG that show up.

Skinks would wreck everyone, without a lot more help for the others.

No throwers for Underworld, any natural passing game is just unfair on stunties, and the mutant goblins are pretty awesome anyway once they get going.

You could totally add stuff like Orcs with mandatory 6 Linemen, 4 Goblins, and the Troll, or even Humans with 6 linemen, 4 catchers, and the Ogre.

Other than that, I highly recommend the Right Stuff cancels Tackle option, and +100k inducements for everyone, as both help with the Skink problem and general weakness of Goblins and Flings. Good luck, probably won't suit my timezone and I'm pretty heavily committed now anyway, but I like the idea. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played a skink team vs. goblins & halflings & went 4/0/0. I think they would have to be without the Krox or Saurus to keep them in check.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

50k bribes for everyone!
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Id go with Skinks just having a single Saurus as the big guy for balancing purposes

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Other than that, I highly recommend the Right Stuff cancels Tackle option, and +100k inducements for everyone, as both help with the Skink problem and general weakness of Goblins and Flings. Good luck, probably won't suit my timezone and I'm pretty heavily committed now anyway, but I like the idea. Smile
One of the reasons I didn't mention right stuff cancelling tackle is due to the fact that it would make Tackle mostly useless in stuntee. Actually, it would be a significant weakening of Skinks, as they do NOT get right stuff, compared to all the other stuntees. Honestly, it would be an option I'd consider for a 2nd season, if skinks prove to be way too powerful compared to the other races.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'd like to try and get something going with this idea, but I would like a volunteer to be co-commissioner because I've never run a league on Fumbbl, and I could very much use someone with experience to help guide me in such.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 20:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mann, just bring a bunch of skinks and one krox to the blackbox. would probably do fairly well low TV till norse or dorks.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are much better than ogres. If you dont change goblins, there is no reason to change ogres in my opinion.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

After some thinking on it, I've updated the balancing act, mostly so Lizards don't rule the world.

As such, Right Stuff will now negate Tackle, meaning that skinks are the only stunties in this Leeg that get slaughtered by Tackle.

Further, Ogres will be allowed 4 Ogres to help compete
And Goblins will be limited to 2 out of their 3 weapons, both Trolls, and a Pogo

On that note, I now have a Group Page set up for coaches interested in joining. If interested, please submit a rookie [L] team to the group. I'm looking for a minimum of 8 coaches to start a season, though I'd definitely prefer 16.

Also, anyone interested in co-commisioning, please PM me. I could use someone with more experience running a league to help me in this process.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on %b %27, %2015 - %17:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd just go with a simple rule: No players with general access allowed. Any team that can field 11 or more players that don't have general access on normal rolls can join. I guess that means

Lizards with no saurus, underworld with no rats, ogres, halflings, goblins.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Personally, I'd just go with a simple rule: No players with general access allowed. Any team that can field 11 or more players that don't have general access on normal rolls can join. I guess that means

Lizards with no saurus, underworld with no rats, ogres, halflings, goblins.
While I do like this idea, I still worry about skinks with a Krox being nigh unstoppable.

On that same note, I was thinking a single Linerat for the Underworld teams would allow them to compete against Snots, Halflings, and Goblins who have multiple big men, and in the case of Goblins, weapons. I don't see the Underworld Troll, by himself, being an answer to Goblins with 2 Trolls, a Chainsaw, and a Ball and Chain.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What about all the star players, will they be allowed? I am tempted to bring some flings if you can get someone who has run a league before on board and the deadlines are sensible.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
What about all the star players, will they be allowed? I am tempted to bring some flings if you can get someone who has run a league before on board and the deadlines are sensible.
I see no reason to disallow Star Players if you can afford the inducements.

And deadlines will be weekly.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
While I do like this idea, I still worry about skinks with a Krox being nigh unstoppable.

Saurus is stronger than the Krox. If i had the chance to buy only 1 of those, then i would buy a Saurus. No question, hands down.
 Jump to: