39 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shia LaBeouf Needs to be a
Bretonnian
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Beastmen
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Slayer
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Khorne
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Fimir
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Kislev
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Pygmy
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Were
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Witch Elf
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Another one (specify)
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just need to create a Shia LaBeouf's Secret Team based on his awesome motivational speech.

My problem is to pick the team that fits the Holywood Superstar best.

The options are the choices I had in mind. If you think another one is best, don't hesitate to state which.

The script, if you need it:

Quote:
Do it, just do it! Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday you said tomorrow. So just do it! Make your dreams come true. Just do it. Some people dream of success, while you’re going to wake up and work hard at it. Nothing is impossible… you should get to the point where anyone else would quit and you’re not going to stop there. NO! What are you waiting for?! DO IT! JUST DO IT! YES YOU CAN! JUST DO IT! If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Just do it man!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev, and to a lesser extent Bretonnian, are teams that rely on sturdy defense. "Just stop the other guy from doing it" is not the same thing as "just do it." Slayers have frenzy, but let's face it, they're still dwarves.

Khorne is less "just do it" and more "who cares who does it, I'm going to hurt some guys."

The less said about how Fimir do it, the better.

Beastmen have horns, which I guess helps blitzes, but they're pretty middle-of-the-road in other ways.

Witch elves also have frenzy, but they're elves. They don't have to persevere, they're already the favorites.

Pygmies make some moderate amount of sense, but only if you try to move them up to high TV. As with most stunties, "starting over" pretty frequently is both an unavoidable cycle and the smartest strategy.

Which leaves the Were team, which I think is the best choice among the ones you mentioned. Werecats are unskilled, weak and vulnerable to start -- but they have two great boons. With 4 AG, they can pull off a lot of plays in scenarios where "anyone else would quit," and jump up allows them to bounce back from all but the toughest hits. (And once they get a couple skills, they're fearsome indeed.) The wolves make sense here too, combining relentlessness (frenzy) with resilience (regeneration.) The bears... well, nobody needs the bears, and Shia certainly doesn't. Ultimately, you're going to win by swarming the opponent, charging into the backfield, and outrunning practically everyone. You can't stall either -- the team's not equipped to stall. If you stop, you fail... so you have to just do it.

(The other contenders I could see are Lumbria -- goblinesque linemen who can hit extra-hard with dauntless and claw, a 4-of positional who's basically a human lineman with prehensile tail, S access and leap, and a break tackle big guy. They don't have much to recommend them in terms of stat line, but if you're willing to take on the risk, they've got so many ways to break through, exceed their limitations, and in general do it.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The gnome team looks like it has transformers on it.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

A few more comments:

Were the Werewolf team a thing, it'd be it.

The Witch Elf would be a cult to Shia LaBeouf.

The name "LaBeouf" makes no sense - it should be LeBoeuf, i.e. the beef.
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Were is LaBeouf.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Lumbria
Seriously, why is no Lumbria on list???
Those Drop Bears is mean
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Beastmen or Witch Elves seems like the best fit for actual cannibal, Shia Labeouf.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Click on the "it" of my last comment, BadMrMojo.

I'm starting to think Deamons of Slaanesh would be the best fit. Shia even makes a claw move in the choreography. Problem is that the team is OP.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

wait...

BadMrMojo has returned?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

LeBoeuf= The Beef, right?

Beastmen it is.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a game. We're talking bout practice.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The choice really depends on whether you believe him when he claimed to have slept with Transformers co-star Megan Fox while she was dating Brian Austin Green.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Witch Elf would point toward what may have happened in the #IAMSORRY installation.

This film points to Slaneesh.

There's something unreal about the guy.
 Jump to: