32 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
There's a difference between looking at polling numbers and claiming you're winning in them despite the exhaustive contrary evidence and then there's garden variety partisan self delusion.

Says who?

Laughing You're the best thoralf!
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

"Stupidity"? "ridiculous"?

So you're gambling on enough people voting for the same alternative candidate to beat both Trump & Clinton?

Maybe I'm just a foreigner that doesn't understand your system. I guess it is going to be Clinton or Trump.

If you want a genuine third way you need to get it going more than a few months before the election.

It's too late dude.

If you guys throw your votes away on no hopers you could end up with president Trump just as we got Brexit. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad that this has turned to much more interesting and less productive conversation.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If you guys throw your votes away on no hopers you could end up with president Trump just as we got Brexit. Twisted Evil

Uhm... what was the third option there?
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

Uhm... what was the third option there?

Not voting at all is always an option. That is about as useful as voting for some those other candidates. Wink

If you have some kind of proportional representation system it could be less of a gamble.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Not voting at all is always an option.

Just like Sneaky Git, Think Skull, Safe Throw, or Pass Block.

mrt1212 wrote:
I'm glad that this has turned to much more interesting and less productive conversation.

Sometimes, you need to Just Do It. Speaking of which, I think there are two cases that cover the original request: the Very Serious Player (VSP) and the Otaku.

1. The VSP dislikes anything that is unrelated to the contest.

For the VSP, a simple request "please shut up" could help.

If we want to get sexy, a /fluff mode, where a variable FLUFF could be set to 0. That way, the fluff would be filtered.

(A /meta mode could also be used, to make sure you can communicate things like "afk".)

2. The Otaku dislikes every kind of communication with his opponent.

The Otaku can only play in tournaments, with a referee serving as an intermediate. This has been seen during Chess World Championships.

If the Otaku doesn't even want to deal with a human referee, we'd need to build a Siri-like entity to do the job. I'd call it SPIROS. The meaning of that acronym is left as an exercise.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather put my trust in a very successful CEO who cares enough for this country to be willing to take a pay cut while doing the right things, than place my trust in a woman that has the same level of integrity as Bernie Madoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

unlike the last election, this one is easy.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Very successful CEO who's declared bankruptcy 4 times losing people 100's of jobs and billions lost to lenders.

Yeah go Trump. Can a country file for bankruptcy ??

Good Luck over there you'll need it.

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This has gone political, Thanks guys.

Jeffro
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
"Stupidity"? "ridiculous"?

So you're gambling on enough people voting for the same alternative candidate to beat both Trump & Clinton?

Gambling? No, there is really very little difference between Clinton and Trump. Both are disasters, just different kinds. But don't worry, Trump has essentially a zero percent chance of winning anyway. The democratic base is not fractured the way the republican base is, and all the swing voters can do is give a 3rd party a decent showing.

koadah wrote:
Maybe I'm just a foreigner that doesn't understand your system. I guess it is going to be Clinton or Trump.

Pretty much, but it's not going to be Trump.

koadah wrote:
If you want a genuine third way you need to get it going more than a few months before the election.

Your ignorance of the other political parties in the US is understandable, but they also had their conventions a month or two ago, so really... yeah, they've been running for as long as the repubs and dems, they get very little coverage here, and I assume zero coverage outside of the US.

koadah wrote:
It's too late dude.

No we won't get president Trump unless Clinton self destructs in some bizarre way that takes California New York... into oblivion.

There is a 3rd party candidate who is polling over 10% for the time being. Ideally he will crack 15% and get on the debate stage, but the system here is so rigged against 3rd party and independents that it's sickening. But if you think it's better to just stupidly support a broken system feel free to think that, your opinion like my vote is meaningless.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
I'd much rather put my trust in a very successful CEO who cares enough for this country to be willing to take a pay cut while doing the right things, than place my trust in a woman that has the same level of integrity as Bernie Madoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

unlike the last election, this one is easy.
you mean a pathilogical liar, who's currently under investigation for raping a minor, facing lawsuits for fraud, potentially federal charges for fraud, promotes racism and bigotry, and would likely aliernate the US from the rest of the world, if not outright start world War 3.

The man has suggested assassination of his opponent, he's practically asked a foreign power to commit espionage with the intent of stealing him the election, and he's done nothing to show he cats for this country, but only for himself.

It's funny you call him trustworthy, and compare Clinton to Madoff, when,if we're being honest, Trump is more like Madoff than any other candidate in American history.

To be fair, I'm not voting for either. Both are garbage, but it's laughable that anyone could think trump is more trustworthy than Clinton. Keep drinking that kool-aid
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
The man has suggested assassination of his opponent, he's practically asked a foreign power to commit espionage with the intent of stealing him the election, and he's done nothing to show he cats for this country, but only for himself.

That all feels a bit exaggerated to me. I also think there is merit in having a CEO running the country. But this CEO? There are some things that made me really wonder. I mean, to say he was qualified for the job seems like a big stretch. He's clearly not very educated, which you can easily tell from the way he argues and communicates. In terms of merit I'd say thats a big handicap for any leader. Actually I just checked that now, he didn't manage highschool and then had to finish a miliary academy to conclude with a measly Bachelor in economics. Scattered into wealth through heritage and been basically stalling default for a while now. A presidency might give him some options to refinance his companies.
But that makes him no different than most nations.

What really made me wonder was that he probably did more damage to the NATO as a mere presidential candidate than the Russians managed to do in the history of its existence.
I mean this military encroaching over the world did pretty much ensure absurd geopolitical security for the US over years. But of course, Mr. Trump does not seem to understand that countries can't be sued. That it's not possible to make them do anything. If the US doesn't fulfill it's responsibilities other countries might feel they have to do the same either. The real test is when something actually happens. Anything is really just a state of mind, reliability is the only currency.
For a NATO leading member presidential candidate to publically announce that he will ignore its NATO obligations if he doesn't feel like it is basically encouraging expansion policies of countries like Russia and China and making the NATO unreliable forever.
I mean, the cat is out of the bag now. Even if the US goes back on course any other country might feel from now like oh well, perhaps they don't like how another nation contributed or whatever.
Seriously how can a single person cause so much damage just for an election. Isn't that actual treason?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
he's done nothing to show he cats for this country, but only for himself.

Yeah man, never trust a man who doesn't cat for you.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

if you vote for me I'll enforce a world rule allowing every airplane passenger AT LEAST one bloody cabin luggage and one laptop bag: if it passes under the scanners is alright. The only tradeoff is that it has to be a PROPER LUGGAGE. not a shopper bag sealed with tape. proper luggage is identified with good sense; in case of very ungracefully altercation you can send to the Glorious Leader (me) a picture of said object of the inconvenient discussion and there will be a final yes/no answer. This personal service has the rule that you have only one picture per flight availaible to send and you have to make it count, otherwise your beloved mass of junk will be placed into an appropiate cardboard box (with handles!!!!) and sent to the metalflappyflap-bawks you're going to board.

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
proper luggage is identified with good sense; in case of very ungracefully altercation you can send to the Glorious Leader (me) a picture of said object of the inconvenient discussion and there will be a final yes/no answer.

ID you were the world leader, you'd probably get a LOT of luggage pictures..
 Jump to: