35 coaches online • Server time: 13:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Piling On gone. Good or bad?
Piling On needed to go.
47%
 47%  [ 75 ]
I would have kept it.
36%
 36%  [ 57 ]
Unsure.
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 157

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that we have the errata'd rules, what do you think?

Was it a good move to remove Piling On from the standard skills, and keep Claw+MB as they were?

Numerically Piling On pushed the Cpomb stack from being attrition skills, to be a major design flaw often making playing the game pointless.

Removing or seriously nerfing it was a no-brainer imo.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %26, %2016 - %02:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Was it a good move to remove Piling On from the standard skills, and keep Claw+MB as they were?

The second question would deserve its own thread.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm contrasted tbh.

They addressed the clawpomb issue and that's fine. Can't complain.

They did it in a drastic way. Many coaches hated PO will all their might, many loved it, i did a bit of both. I'm concerned by the decrease in attrition, but probably mb on av7 is enough to deal with it.

I like the fact that CRP will be remembered as the PO era, with all the bad positional plays and crazy bloodbaths that came with it.
Future generations will listen to the stories of the elders around the fire, eyes wide in amazement and disbelief, as they're told about that one skill which was so murderous, so bad and so dangerous that it had to be nuked from orbit.

Gives CRP a kind of hepic heroism and unique touch.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
I'm contrasted tbh.

They addressed the clawpomb issue and that's fine. Can't complain.

They did it in a drastic way. Many coaches hated PO will all their might, many loved it, i did a bit of both. I'm concerned by the decrease in attrition, but probably mb on av7 is enough to deal with it.

I like the fact that CRP will be remembered as the PO era, with all the bad positional plays and crazy bloodbaths that came with it.
Future generations will listen to the stories of the elders around the fire, eyes wide in amazement and disbelief, as they're told about that one skill which was so murderous, so bad and so dangerous that it had to be nuked from orbit.

Gives CRP a kind of hepic heroism and unique touch.

"Back in MY day, the men were men and the dorfs were tin cans." Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %26, %2016 - %02:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It certainly nerfs CPOMB, but with too much collateral damage imo (also nerfs Big Guys, Orcs, Humans, Norse...). Having now only two attrition skills (MB, DP) available to non-chaos teams seems a little weird in a game called Blood Bowl. Elfs everywhere are rejoicing. I'd have kept a less-nerfed version of PO in core rules.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
lfs everywhere are rejoicing.

No more magic for them, though, at least until DZ number N.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Weak. Piling on wasn't the problem. The lack of tying it to size was the problem. It should be a big guy skill. A halfling with PO shouldn't be the same as an ogre with PO.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

We have 3 better rules in league on fumbbl. Each one on it's own is a better way to take the edge off the killstack and even all three together are not as bad a decision as the total zapping of PO. Plus ther nefs not implemented, and they are all better. I don't really play as Killy teams but it was certainly the combination of all three that was the problem when facing it not one on it's own or even usually two and certainly not PO on it's own. Given it was available to all races it was fairly balanced just by whether it was a normal or double. And let's face it the common denominator with races that were complained about as too killy was/is rosters with claw available.

When was the last time a thread went to 100 pages about those damn POMB elves or humans destroying everything as the main topic? Never.

DLE College 7s
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Weak. Piling on wasn't the problem. The lack of tying it to size was the problem. It should be a big guy skill. A halfling with PO shouldn't be the same as an ogre with PO.

not to mention a 'zon or an elf witch piling on... death by snu-snu!

but I do remember the times when PO couldn't be taken by natural St2 players and give a -x to the av roll, x equal to the piling player's St... if I remember it correctly.

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You're kind of leaving only extreme choices. Either it goes or is kept. Where the right answer would be:
It should've been nerfed. I'd say we are closer to how it should be than we were before so 'yay!'.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I should probably say what I would have done as an alternative. KO on doubles for PO to give a risk element to using it but not a huge nerf or removal of the skill and claw not stacking with MB.

That reduces the power of the claw killstack most over the no claw variants but also nerf PO in a way that makes using the skill partly strategic instead of mostly being a no brainer. No skill is crippled on it's own and it affects all rosters whilst still going after the killy rosters most complaint is about slightly more whilst still keeping them more destructive.

DLE College 7s
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
You're kind of leaving only extreme choices. Either it goes or is kept. Where the right answer would be:
It should've been nerfed. I'd say we are closer to how it should be than we were before so 'yay!'.

You have a point.
Grod

So... take piling on now to enjoy the grandfathering before Christer bans it on new skill picks?

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Matthueycamo wrote:
We have 3 better rules in league on fumbbl. Each one on it's own is a better way to take the edge off the killstack and even all three together are not as bad a decision as the total zapping of PO. Plus ther nefs not implemented, and they are all better. I don't really play as Killy teams but it was certainly the combination of all three that was the problem when facing it not one on it's own or even usually two and certainly not PO on it's own. Given it was available to all races it was fairly balanced just by whether it was a normal or double. And let's face it the common denominator with races that were complained about as too killy was/is rosters with claw available.

When was the last time a thread went to 100 pages about those damn POMB elves or humans destroying everything as the main topic? Never.

+1 Mr. Green

[L]eague FTW.

Jump to: