17 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure it's my place to give suggestions on this, but I think it should be our collective goal to ensure that 100% of Fumbbl's running expenses are covered by us coaches. And further that Christer has zero expenses for Fumbbl, beyond the many work hours he puts into running the site.

However, at present the donation coverage is around 50% of the total cost, we have learned.

What do you guys think of having, say, a running donation meter showing how much (percentage) of the current year's running costs have been covered so far?

Or maybe a couple of suggested donation amounts when clicking the donate link, to help us decide on our exact donation figure?

Something like Wikipedia has, except far less aggressive.

No idea how Christer would feel about this of course, I'm just putting it out there. What do you guys think?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Calthor

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Up to Christer, of course. Might help to have people donate more though, yea.
bigf

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the meter as i hope it would prompt me to donate more often. I never like the idea of suggested figures as i tend to feel bad if i'm not giving that amount.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Up to Christer, of course.

Yes, obviously and definitely.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

great idea

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with OP in principle but the meter idea rubs me wrong. Christer should continue to ask for support in the purchase of big ticket upgrades (which we've always come through for, if I'm not mistaken), and should reap the benefits of over-giving at certain times without guilt. If he falls too far behind budget he should say so as well.

I quit LOTRO when it started plastering ads for virtual goods everywhere, so maybe I'm especially sensitive, but I would not appreciate such a reminder. The icon on the home page is enough for me personally.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If it goes over though might it look like he was making money from the site? All well and good us giving say 3 times more but what if a certain entity take a dim view of it because it's public.

DLE College 7s
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
If it goes over though might it look like he was making money from the site?

There are irregular purchases in addition to daily running costs. Having surplus is nice.
 Jump to: