30 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Indigo

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Dorf is not the worst matchup in the box. Tie is easy with 2 reserves and 1 guard. The worst matchup is woodies.

This ^
Although undead, Orc and Lizards can be tricky with their +ST tying your men up
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Zanzib wrote:
As it is thrower are totally useless.

The Thrower can be a Leader caddy.
This way the discounted Leader rr makes her TV acceptable.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of hard words vs zons on higher tv here. Interesting Very Happy

My way with Crossdressers has almost always been to use the strength from each position. I love the catchers, getting some ss-dt cheap and easy. I love the throwers since the thing with zons, for me, is to have tons of optional play styles avaliable. That includes for sure a decent passing game. I have won tons of games this way. I might be wrong here, but thats how I love to play them. At high tv.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:

My way with Crossdressers has almost always been to use the strength from each position. I love the catchers, getting some ss-dt cheap and easy. I love the throwers since the thing with zons, for me, is to have tons of optional play styles avaliable. That includes for sure a decent passing game. I have won tons of games this way. I might be wrong here, but thats how I love to play them. At high tv.

High TV Box environment has more bash than Ranked environment and you can't choose your opponent.
These factors encourages some coaches to play Amazons at low-mid TV.
Dodge spam is quite pointless when you face tacklepomber after tacklepomber, especially with AV 7, and even when not facing tacklepombers, AG 3 and MA 6 are just average stats.
Sure, you can rely on some pimped stat-freaks to get the job done, but overall the team drops in effectiveness at high TV.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Abandoning high TV is not a choice to me with zons in the box. They just naturally die and peak around 1400-1500, feel no hope to go above that mark for any significant length in time.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:

Don't listen to him! He also plays goblins! Shocked It's pure madness!

EDIT: I always love watching Dhaktokh beat people at high TV with his zons. Very Happy

Last edited by happygrue on %b %04, %2017 - %17:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Amazons need some altering too. They are very cookie cutter yet also quite dull due to all being so similar. The Norse once all had block, but now they have ulfs and frankly they're much more interesting because of it. I think the Amazon teams needs a similar review.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yah, a little tinkering I'd be okay with. MA7 Catchers, AV8 Blitzers (+10k each), and 60k TRR would make them less OP at low TV and more viable at high TV.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't buy that they are horrible at high tv in the box or that they can't get there (yes of course it is harder). I've had great fun with this lot and it's easy for them to exist at this tv. Just look at the money.

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=789636
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd give them a big guy or a 0-2 str or agility 4 character JR (like what the Norse get) in addition to your changes.

Harad - High TV is 2000+. Get there and see how you do vs block-tackle-pombers Smile
moussambani

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So... All these posts of later are basically saying "We want Amazons to be female Humans" or "We want Amazons to be female Norses". Or am I missing something?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

moussambani wrote:
So... All these posts of later are basically saying "We want Amazons to be female Humans" or "We want Amazons to be female Norses". Or am I missing something?

The Amazon statline is cookie-cutter and changing a bit the stats would make them more interesting.
A team made by 6/3/3/7 players spamming Dodge shows a disturbing lack of imagination, I think it's quite self-evident.
Tinkering a bit with their statline would not make them female Humans nor female Norse.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Blanket MA6 is a pain, but you can make it work. I run all-former-Journeyman Humans, same basic issue. That vanilla statline is a challenge of its own.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Guardikai wrote:

Harad - High TV is 2000+. Get there and see how you do vs block-tackle-pombers Smile

This is high tv in the box. No teams any race survive above 2000 for very long, so it isn't amazon specific. Most teams have one or two tackle pombers and obviously dorfs and c dorfs have more. So I have a reasonable idea how I do. You only get mass tackle pomb in ranked where coaches don't have to play clawpomb if they want and so can skip the skills this sort of thing encourages.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Blanket MA6 is a pain, but you can make it work. I run all-former-Journeyman Humans, same basic issue. That vanilla statline is a challenge of its own.

Nice.
What about playing a team like that in the Box?
Very Happy
 Jump to: