43 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In an off-topic reminder...the multi-media personality that is TOMMY DEAN can be heard and seen TWICE tomorrow, Friday June 18! First up is for Sydney types who can tune into ABC radio on 702am at 5:30pm to hear TGIF w/ Richard Glover as a panel of 3 use humour to dissect the week in news.

On a national front...Friday night at 10:30pm on ABC TV tune in to The Glasshousse hosted by Wil Anderson to see Mr. Dean in a ponytail making fun with generic news items form the last 2 weeks. Don't miss the first 10 minutes as that is where the best work is to be found Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Western Sydney Wonders 4 - 3 Sewer Pipe Dream In a one sided casualty filled match of stellar proportions, The Western Sydney Wonders manage to stay in the game to score the winning run in the bottom of the 7th turn second half. The difference in the game? I chalk it up to three things.
    His pass blocker missed the match due to a niggle.
    His claw blitzer and one of his gutter runners suffered from Morley's Revenge.
    He used his rerolls on blocks to beat up my team instead of saving them to score.

In the end it was still a skin of the teeth win. There's a feeling in the air that the Western Sydney Wonders are about to come crashing down.
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Western Sydney Wonders 2 - 1 Iridine Gladiators

Very good game Skonos. Pulled off a win barely, and hats off to our overexcited rioting fans for making sure it stayed a win and not a tie!
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hey there i have a leetle problem
i have been allocated a match with my fresh is best necro team but my allocated opponent aint responding to my pm's and i sent 2, he/she is bonesy and i would like to know what to do. cheers,
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The deadline is Sunday week...

Some people are not on every day...

You will be able to see how long since bonesy has been on on your Overview page...

Give it time yet, no need to panic...
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

goodo thanks clay
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

so we can play ahead if we wish and finish the whole round?
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming your opponents have played there games yes, but its a long wait to see the rest of the season that way. string it out, enjoy it and savour each moment. It's bloodbowl, not chocolate, you don't need to binge on it...........

And yeah half the fun is the slap talk and carrying on as you build up your coming match as this weeks blockbuster etcm, and do a post that generates some rivalry, and do an interview with player on your team about how he is "gonna get me some elfkebab", or rat on a stick, or host a post game BBQ for all the opposing players...as the Surprise MEAT! or how he is gonna dance home to victory an the opposing bunch of beefheads are not goin to lay a hand on your guys they will be whizzing past so quick.

I like to think part of the appeal of the SWL is our great sense of wicked humour and rivalry, as we talk our sides up and dis our opponents, in a witty fashion so that they can laugh with us. A good guide to talking it up but not being offensive is to pick on players, not coaches. An example was a game where my big guy and the opponents best player were both knocked out early and spent the whoile rest of the game in the KO boxes. by the end of the game the two players it had been decided were probably sharing a KO box and actuallty engaged in some kind of indecent behaviour.....

A long running example is Duke United...err that Carlton United, the One man team and its <socalled> Star Duke Snakefield. Snakefield is probably the on e player in the whole league that if he is in a game almost everybody will be chanting something like "Kill the Duke" or Foul Him, Foul Him". Why? Because Twahn has given him a big mouthy attitude and a swelled head by doing Fluff interviews with him. Read back over the previous seasons threads or watch the new ones coming on channel BB and play on from there guys.

Oh, and another thing, do a team bio and do Bio's for your stand out players at least, and if they get an award such as golden knuckle or a twahnlow they really should have a bio done and mention it there. Make it fluffy and entertaining, if unsure what to do , check out the bio's of some of the other teams and you will soon get a good idea about what i mean. The fluff is a heck of a lot of what makes this league one of the greatest on Fumbbl in my humble opinion.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It is Vladim Oslobahn's life long goal to rip the left and right testicle from the Duke's underendowed appendage and place them in the endzone of Carlton whilst dancing a jig...

Anyone else who does this before big bad Vladim gets his chance, will be requested to attend Mt Victorious, home of the Blue Mountain Dragons and explain why they had more rights to the Dukes balls than Vladim.

A return ticket would not be required in such an instance.
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The citadel Ancients (currently in a rebuilding stage) have the rights to every other Carlton player.....as long as the dukes death is recorded on channel BB for the team to watch Smile

(read the bio for explanation)
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

also

the little league games have the same deadline as the swl league games

so get them in people, there is madness and mayhem to be had, so get to it!@
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 5 has begun with an intercept and a bang for the Black Crowes of Div 2! Lord's of War were valient but had too much going against them to challange the rampaging herd. Crowes 3 Lord's 0 Keep up with the story of the year there...and look for Ed Harsh's article in Channel BB soon!

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2004 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In a slightly off-topic plug I'd just like to show some swl pride and boast about us in the greenhorn.

Go BloodReaper!

Go me!

It doesn't look too good for my chances in round two. With one of my players dead and only 40k in winnings times will be tough vs either another Dark elf team or a Norse team full of their human skills. On a brighter note my passer got the mvp and ended up with increased agaility.

BloodReaper looks to be in much better shape with 70k in the bank, a full roster, and a chance to play gobbos in round two (albeit a slim one, GO Quod!)

Best of luck to all of our other coaches in this tourney!
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2004 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackfist’s Bloodrunes met Fyord Frolickers on a perfect day for Blood Bowl. The Norsemen were in no mood to frolick however when it was discovered their apothecaries supply of healing mead had mysteriously vanished. Unperturbed they took to the field to face the Bloodrunes.

The match was bloody from the outset, the norse ogre coming to a bloody death in the opening minutes, despite which the Frolickers where able to score first after courageously ripping a huge hole in the defence.

The orcs were out for revenge and spent the rest of the match slowly driving for the end-zone. The Norsemen were suicidal in defence putting there bodies on the line to hold out the Bloodrunes for a 1-0 victory. This came at a great cost with many injuries making the coach scratch his head about the teams future prospects.

The mysterious disappearance of the mead was solved when the normally dexterous Blackfist dropped the ball and fell all over his feet several times with the endzone in sight during the final minutes of the game.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BLUE MOUNTAIN DRAGONS 2 def ADELAIDE ANVILS 0

Premier League kicked off in style for the Dragons tonight as they hammered the Anvils in a brutal match 2-0.

Read all about it at the link above, and Vladim Oslobahn's post match conference can be caught on Channel BB.
 Jump to: