22 coaches online • Server time: 04:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FLo711

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

And at the same time, on the other side of town another premier matchup too place...

Zen Adepts 2-1 Prince Reagents

A hard hitting affair, with a bit of everything, including some woeful 2nd half luck (for covert).
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"Coaches who want to nominate a Qualifying Team for the Southern Wastes Super League (must be 150+TR from the SWL QPool) should contact Coach Elan and let him know so that SWSL can get up and running!"

With the current rules designed to keep our tr under 150 (which is a rather fun and interesting twist bringing team management into the game) how exactly would we have a team over 150? Maybe I'm missing something? (other than numerous brain cells)
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

its in refrence to the very powerfll teams sitting in qpool that havent dropped there TR down to 150, so they can acutaly be used instead of sitting there
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, righto.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus some of the older coaches have sides that have gone through the qpool under the old rules but they already have divisional sides so they aren't using them, they have been sittin there as back ups. This gives a chance to use em. Hooray for the Famous Femmes!

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Small aside...

the complete problem set of a 4+ with a reroll, 36 combinations, 9 resulting in failure, 27 resulting in success.

Which equates exactly to 1/4 chance of failure, or if you want to use %s - 25%.

First Roll Second Roll
1 1 Fail
1 2 Fail
1 3 Fail
1 4 Success
1 5 Success
1 6 Success
2 1 Fail
2 2 Fail
2 3 Fail
2 4 Success
2 5 Success
2 6 Success
3 1 Fail
3 2 Fail
3 3 Fail
3 4 Success
3 5 Success
3 6 Success
4 1 Success
4 2 Success
4 3 Success
4 4 Success
4 5 Success
4 6 Success
5 1 Success
5 2 Success
5 3 Success
5 4 Success
5 5 Success
5 6 Success
6 1 Success
6 2 Success
6 3 Success
6 4 Success
6 5 Success
6 6 Success

Fail 9
Success 27

So not only am I right that Chaos Dwarves are cheesy and broken, but I am also right about probabilities.

That said, when I see someone take pass block as the first skill on all their blockers, I might take back the cheesy part, but they will still be broken.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

????

What's doing neverborn? I know of your patent dislike for CD's (they aren't a favourite of mine too) but who's taking pass block on their "blockers" (Black Orcs?) and what has prompted this investigation into 4+ mathematics?

You seem to raise three unconnected issues?
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Elan was defending CDs, i pointed out they were cheesy and broken, and he took exception to this =P

He also said that the odds of a 4+ with a reroll failing (the odds of a BC recieving a hand off or picking up, when using a teamreroll) was not 25%.

The pass blocking suggestion was merely the only way i could see me ever conceeding a particular CD team wasn't cheesy - If someone took pass block, or something interesting, on their chaos dwarf blockers other than the "guard/mighty blow and stand firm on doubles" combination that every chaos dwarf coach in the world takes.

So they all come together rather nicely i think =]
Elan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hating to be basic about this NB, but the chance that any face will turn up on a d6 (which is what the game is based on) is 16 & 2/3%.

And the CD are not broken, you silly twisted boy!
Elan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If any coaches are interested in joining Southern Waste Super League - please send a PM to Elan!

The objective is that if your qpool team hits or exceeds 150 TR, it has somewhere to go to play without you having to retire your SWL team - thus allowing you to create another qpool team. More games for all and some rather sweet looking teams get outta the qpool where they are stuck with high TR and nowhere to go.

If there is sufficient interest COmmissioner Twahn may give approval and teams will be seeded based on TR - allowing a stream of qpool teams in future seasons, some into Super League and some into the main SWL league.

Get those PM's in - show support or it won't happen!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

SonofSharkboy wrote:
Quote:
"Coaches who want to nominate a Qualifying Team for the Southern Wastes Super League (must be 150+TR from the SWL QPool) should contact Coach Elan and let him know so that SWSL can get up and running!"

With the current rules designed to keep our tr under 150 (which is a rather fun and interesting twist bringing team management into the game) how exactly would we have a team over 150? Maybe I'm missing something? (other than numerous brain cells)

Here's the Official word from the head honcho himself!
No teams will be allowed to transfer out of the Regional Division / QPool. Any coach who wants one of their teams, currently in one of the SWL Divisions, to 'defect' to another league will be looked on unfavourably.

The idea behind this SuperLeague thing was originally that some of our coaches have become so enthused by the structured style of play that they can't bring themselves to look upon Open games in the same light any longer. They're playing all their games in the SWL and find that there isn't enough action to quench their thirsts.

This is great! Funtastic!! By all means, create a new League and new teams to go in it! Invite fellow SWLers and keep the wonderful community of reliable and fun coaches that we have here. Yes indeedily!
Stealing teams from the SWL or creating some kind of divide in the League, where coaches choose the ruiles they like best, will only result in the league breaking down.

I'm all for more League fun and I'm all for rivalry between two League 'codes'. We should establish any additional league seperately though, and not mess with the integrity of our wonderful SWL.
The SWL has grown considerably of late and what it needs right now most of all is a good deal of nothing! We should just be settling down to the many changes that have ben made recently and the massive growth we've undergone and just seeing how things pan out...

Anyone who's interested in more structured league action than they can get from their 3 teams in the SWL, please PM Elan and let him know. Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Elan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Re that last,
Quote:

Anyone who's interested in more structured league action than they can get from their 3 teams in the SWL, please PM Elan and let him know.

Please don't ... I have given up the idea entirely as I had been operating on a false assumption - I thought the qpool was so stocked full'a'fish that it could support two leagues within SWL - wrong again! Twahn's correction above is clear enuff! Super League (like the original cricket one) was a flop - sorry if I got anyone interested - the idea is all yours if you want to pursue something within the guidelines set by the Twahn!

Elan
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Elan,

Cannot agree more heartily with Twahn... the SWL takes alot of administering and we do try to cater for everybody's tastes from structured SWL, open qPool and neverborns fantastic stunty leeg...

But people enter the SWL with the rules set and if they don't like one or more of the types of leagues run, then they are free to not participate.

However the SWL is not the be all and end all of fumbbl and you are free to come up with a theme, structure and hence tournament of your own and I would be happy to particpate (wife issues with the amount of my time spent on the PC aside...).

I do it with the Cut Throat League in which many SWL'ers participate and also with the now defunct Infinity Open...

If you have a desire to run your own comp, my advice is go for it!

C
Elan

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay et al.

Nah, I will stick to trying to establish and run a Melb based miniatures BB league.

If any Melbourne based players out tehre are interested, please let me know - I am targeting late August/early September 04 as the kick off. If you are not interested in leagues, then some time in November I will be running a BB comp at POWERFIST, which is MILSIMS sponsored and run event ..... get excited - you can actually win stuff for playing BB! OzJesting has already identified he requires bed space for that weekend (whichever one it is) so there will be at least one interstate representative Smile

Both of the above will run standard LRB (i.e no experimental rules or wierd lists) and hopefully be NAF recognised, if MILSIMS ever lets me know when/where things are happening and I can get my world sorted (and enough players) for a mini league.

Anyways, cya on the field!
chrode

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, green skins, pink skins any other colour skin, pointy eared ones and other distinguished guest oh and u squidgy things stay in the corner.

Welcome to the Greatest Show in the SWL the Season 4 SWL Twahnlow Presentation.

We will go from Div 4 up to the coverted prem div. With a intermission after the annoucement of the Div 2 Twahnlow winner.

Div 4
Well wot can I say about this div. It was a very even count until the last match of the season which as we all no is where the men er and women stand out from the boys and girls. *covers mic* Oi Twahn do rotter’s even have boys and girls *ahem*
Oh excuse me sorry had some technical difficulties there.

The Tin Twahnlow Winner Is

From Western Sydney Wonders – Ironwith 7 votes

The Tin Divisional Awards

Tin Star - Iron Western Sydney Wonders
Tin Ball - Bite Western Sydney Wonders
Tin Fist - Thermiun Dorulex Iridine Gladiators
Tin Glove - J. Barker HFC
Tin Boot - Sting Western Sydney Wonders
Tin Shield - Luy't Doomsmile Citadel Ancients
Tin Slipper - Bite Western Sydney Wonders
Tin Arrow - Spike Western Sydney Wonders
Tin Knuckle - Digest Tiparary Trasheaters

Div 3

This Div had a run away winner. Despite my constructive calculations I could not find a top 3 finish for one of my players. *grumble*

Showing there stars were the Black Crows. With Black Berry equal 2nd with Ton Thunderhammer, How ever the winner of the Copper Twahnlow goes to the stand out in Div 3 this season and was none other than

The Copper Twahnlow Winner Is

Jealous Guy also from the Black Crows with 9 votes.

The Copper Divisional Awards

Copper Star - Hope Stealer Sewer Pipe Dream
Copper Ball - Richie II I-House
Copper Fist - Rushem Kano Black Tide
Copper Glove - Dinin Tenebrae
Copper Boot - Ton Thunderhammer SouthSide StoneSmashers
Copper Shield - Alton Tenebrae
Copper Slipper- MorningSong Black Crows
Copper Arrow - Dinin Tenebrae
Copper Knuckle- Crasx Ironhead SouthSide StoneSmashers

Div 2

Well Im not gunna keep sayin this div was close coz from now on all the remaining divs were separated by a single vote.

Despite the number of stars in this div, there can only be 1 winner huh wot shut up Twahn. Sorry people Twahn’s trying to talk to me. After the show dude ur stealing my show. Just coz their named after u. Oh wot he turned the mic off. Bloody hell. Allright wot do u want. *look surprised* Right excuse me again guests um well there can be 2 winners after all.

Well this means that the winners will not be getting a Bronze Twahnlow but rather a Copper Twahnlow each.

The joint Copper Twahnlows winners are

From Gumbeast Utd and Lord’s of War Johnny Saywell and Bow’ron with 6 votes

Ok guest we will be having a small intermission now.

But Stay tuned the night is still young!!!
 Jump to: