45 coaches online • Server time: 15:14
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Is kicking first wit...goto Post UW Goblins - Disturb...goto Post SWL Fantasy League S...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So "Year 2" is well under way and still going strong.

I have been handed 2 strategy guides courtesy of Kabooki369, with some minor editing by my self.

One for Pestilens which you can read here
&
One for Ethereal which you can read here

If you want to contribute another for a race you are playing please post in this thread, and I will update the Secret League pages with the info provided.

I don't need anything hugely in depth, just a good brief guide, the same length and format as the two I have posted above.

Thank you!

_________________
Image
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a typo in the Ethereals' strategy link: "Starting Rosteres and Tactics".

_________________
Please vote the Diving Catch and Break Tackle/Diving Tackle bug reports, thanks!
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Well spotted.

_________________
Image
Kabooki369



Joined: Jul 07, 2017

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate the shout out. I really want to see more strategy guides for Secret League. There are several more teams I look forward to playing, and having an idea of how to develop the team before I begin is a great boon.
Dominik



Joined: Oct 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Having checked all the races it's obvious that the races of Secret League are designed to be a tad weaker than those of the rulebook.
However two races do not fit in this scheme and will, in the long term, dominate secret league, these two are "Beastmen" and "Khorne" with Khorne not even not weaker than vanilla Chaos but probably stronger, considering that the positionals are superior and the Linemen are only linefodder anyway.
Kabooki369



Joined: Jul 07, 2017

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Having checked all the races it's obvious that the races of Secret League are designed to be a tad weaker than those of the rulebook.
However two races do not fit in this scheme and will, in the long term, dominate secret league, these two are "Beastmen" and "Khorne" with Khorne not even not weaker than vanilla Chaos but probably stronger, considering that the positionals are superior and the Linemen are only linefodder anyway.
You should write a strategy guide on them then. You seem to know them well enough.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Having checked all the races it's obvious that the races of Secret League are designed to be a tad weaker than those of the rulebook.


Not strictly true. The vast majority of teams are intentionally designed to be slightly weaker as you say. However some are intentionally meant to be tier 1.

The majority of SL teams are 1.5 and 2 though as races in these brackets are under represented in the main game.

I'm also not sure if agree with the 2 races you suggest are the best races either. Both teams have heir own draw backs

_________________
Image
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Beastmen don't have regular M access therefore I don't think they have the potential to dominate, another drawback is AV 8 maximum, unlike regular Chaos and Khorne. Beastmen are possibly one of the most balanced teams in my opinion.
Dominik, you could play some SL games, there are some badly designed teams like Four Nations and Savage Orcs but overall it's a quite fun division.

_________________
Please vote the Diving Catch and Break Tackle/Diving Tackle bug reports, thanks!
Dominik



Joined: Oct 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would join with a team but I cannot free myself from being dependent on the statistics and League games do distort them. Personally I think that there is no need to have your non-competitional teams (everything besides R and B) tracked in statistics. I wish Christer would change this.
Antithesisoftime



Joined: Aug 20, 2014

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played khorne heavily in Secret League America, I can definitely say they are a very long term developmental roster.

They are also REALLY expensive. Want to field all your positionals on a rookie team, and you're not gonna have a single RR. They're also a really slow to develop team, because frenzy spam almost ALWAYS backfires early on. This frequently results in players needing replacements, which goes back to my earlier point of the team being REALLY expensive.

Khorne is a team that will be overly bloaty until it hits 2k TV, at which point they become Nurgle Light.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
I would join with a team but I cannot free myself from being dependent on the statistics and League games do distort them. Personally I think that there is no need to have your non-competitional teams (everything besides R and B) tracked in statistics. I wish Christer would change this.


You really care about your numbers this much? Interesting, I wonder if others are bothered too.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Garion on Sep 06, 2017 - 08:23; edited 1 time in total
Dominik



Joined: Oct 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2017 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, unfortunately. Wish it wouldn't be so.
But in my opinion it really makes no sense to have combined statistics on your coach profile, given the endless varietes of groups in League, 4on4, all zombie etc.
Crook666



Joined: Oct 16, 2012

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2017 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Dominik wrote:
I would join with a team but I cannot free myself from being dependent on the statistics and League games do distort them. Personally I think that there is no need to have your non-competitional teams (everything besides R and B) tracked in statistics. I wish Christer would change this.


You really care about your numbers this much? Interesting, I wonder if others are bothered too.


Having spent now at least 3 days without getting a single SL games at any hour of the day or night (and the few I got, always against the same coaches), I am starting to think this could be the reason for the lacking of coaches and games in SL. A bit weird to prefer the statistics to a greater variety of rosters and fun but I guess people's got their tastes. Creating strategy guides for teams that are hardly played at all seems therefore of little use, if possible the effort should be put, IMO, in attracting some more coaches to join a league which seems, after such little time, sadly already dying.
paradocks



Joined: Jun 14, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2017 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The finding games thing with SL is a little disappointing, I used to put time into looking for games there but eventually got put off by the power-gamer types who never accept matches unless they're heavily weighted in their favour. I know you're not one of these sorts Crook666 but the majority of people I kept finding on gamefinder were.

Doesn't make sense that people do this in SL where there's no CR effect. If anyone reading this is one of those uber power-gamers please consider what you're doing to SL, and if you keep it up you might not have anyone to play against at all.
Dominik



Joined: Oct 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2017 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It makes sense since even League games are tracked. If it wasnt so Id accept almost any challenge.
Same goes with Stunty.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits